Hi lovies!!!! <3 <3
So, as you all know, very often, my recipes render me SPEECHLESS... but this morning, these babies took speechless to another level. What do I mean? UH. When the babes were ready, I was SOOO FLIPPING EXCITED TO DEVOUR THEM that I, Kelly in the Kitch, forgot to take a picture of the final product!!!! WEH! Admit you’re shocked. I was legit so sad. BUT, in every negative, there’s a positive, right? I THEN REALIZED THAT ALL THIS MEANT WAS THAT I WOULD HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO MAKE THESE BABES AGAIN & then… I got ALL THE FEELS.
Anywho, even though I don’t have a picture of the final product RN, I still HAD TO SHARE these babies with you munchkins STAT. It was hurting me to keep them from you, seriously. ALL THIS TO SAY, my pancakes were beautifully-perfectly-incredibly-scrumptious & I felt it only fair that you get to try ’em too!
Ladies & gents, I present you with my Simplest & Yummiest Banana Blueberry Oat Pancakes a.k.a. Fluffy-Scrumptiousness-For-Breaky-&-Basically-on-a-Blueberry-Cloud-You-Coming? THINK: Bananas, oatmeal, blueberries, vanilla, cinnamon… Are you still there? Are you breathing? HECK, are you alive? If not, I SHALL MEET YOU IN PANCAKE HEAVEN.
Before we get into the nitty-gritty of these babes, LET ME EXPLAIN WHY I FELL IN LOVE AT FIRST BITE (Do you munchkins realize how many times I’ve fallen in love lately? It’s getting quite out of hand, don’t you think? OH WELL!).
- Basically, these babies are PERFECT for those mornings when you want something A BIT more exciting than toast or cereal for breaky, but you don’t want to spend half the morning in the kitch prepping & slaving away! These oat pancakes are SO EASY TO PREP, QUICK TO COOK & THEY PACK A PRETTY HEALTHY PUNCH!
- ONE WORD: OATS!!!! I don’t know about you munchkins but I am a HUGE fan of oats & IMO, they totz deserve that SUPERFOOD title. I mean, they are PACKED FULL OF PROTEIN, FIBRE AND B VITAMINS, have a low glycemic index so they keep you full for hours & can also help lower cholesterol!!! BASICALLY, OATS ARE FREAKING FANTASTIC!!!!!!
- These babes are ALSO gluten-free!!! (GUYS, just a little heads up: many varieties of oats are produced in factories with other grains so celiacs, PLEASE BE CAREFUL & READ YOUR LABELS! ALWAYS!).
- THESE BABES ARE YUMMY, FLUFFY, SCRUMPTIOUS, DENSE & a portion of just two of them with fruit will keep you going until lunchtime!!!!
- OH &… BANANAS = POTASSIUM & POTASSIUM = <3. SO THESE BANANA PANCAKES = <3 <3 <3 (SEE, even lawyers can do math!… Basic math!).
OK LOVIES, NOW THAT I’VE CONVINCED YOU (or so I hope…), let’s get to the nitty-gritty, a.k.a. WHAT DO YOU NEED TO WHIP UP THIS WONDERFUL FLUFFINESS? LET ME EXPLAIN.
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 bananas, MASHED;
- 2 eggs!
- 1 tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract (I use Simply Organic!);
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon;
- 2/3 cup of gluten-free QUICK OATS (I use Only Oats);
- 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries (for the BEAUTIFUL BATTER);
- 1 tbsp. of coconut oil (I use Nutiva);
- 2-3 tbsp. of maple syrup (My loves, I topped my babes with maple syrup, BUT, honey, jam, nut butters, Nutella, icing sugar, cinnamon, cacao powder & caramel syrup WOULD ALL WORK GREAT TOO! Basically, try something new with these babies every time you make them! That’s what I plan to do & let me tell y’all, I plan to make these babes QUITE FREAKING OFTEN. YOU?).
UH… that’s it. SWEAR!!!!!
NOW, HOW ON EARTH DO SUCH MINIMAL INGREDIENTS BECOME BEAUTIFUL BLUEBERRY BANANA OAT PANCAKES? Listen up, people. It’s reality. I swear & no matter how hard it is to believe, it’s BETTER THAN EVER. Here’s how to whip these babes up:
- In a metal mixing bowl, MASH ‘DA EFF OUT OF ‘DEM BANANAS.
- Add your eggs, vanilla extract & cinnamon to the bowl of bananas & STIR ALL THIS BEAUTIFULNESS TOGETHER UNTIL COMBINED PERFECTLY! At this point, you should already be dying/melting/drooling/salivating & this before the oats or blueberries even become part of this heavenly batter… IMAGINE WHEN THEY DO!! Do you have 911 on speed dial?
- NOW, ADD YOUR QUICK OATS & STIR AGAIN to combine these beautiful little specks of good-for-you goodness with the rest of the batter!
- THIS PART IS CRUCIAL, SO PLEASE, TAKE MY ADVICE. It’s time to FOLD IN the blueberries (No. I did not say “TIME TO MUSH IN THE BLUEBERRIES”). IN OTHER WORDS, BE GENTLE MY LOVES. BE KIND TO YOUR BERRIES. Literally, FOLD THEM IN. Do not go wild with your spatula, unless you want PURPLE-ISH BLUE BATTER? NOT DOWN, you?
- NOW, it’s time to fry these babies, a.k.a. to turn this beauty batter into NONE OTHER THAN PANCAKES!!!! <3 <3 <3
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over MEDIUM HEAT! Once heated, scoop out 1/3-1/4 cup of your batter and pour it into the skillet (I used my spatula to flatten the pancake a bit & to round it out at the edges!). Allow the pancake to cook for 2-3 minutes, then… (ANOTHER TIME WHEN YOU NEED TO BE VERY CAREFUL MY LOVES) FLIP HER OVER!!!! I mean… YOU DO HAVE TO COOK BOTH SIDES, right? You can do this my loves. Believe in yourselves & she won’t break. But if she does… BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME!!! NO, but seriously, if you use your LARGEST spatula, you most probably won’t have any issues with this my loves! Just focus! 🙂
- Repeat the same process over & over again until THERE IS NO MORE BATTER!!! It’s a sad time in your life when the batter is DONE. I know. Trust me. BUT, then it suddenly becomes one of the happiest days of your life because… WELL, IF THE BATTER IS DONE, IT MEANS IT’S TIME TO… *DRUMROLL PLEASE* DEVOUR!!!!!!!!!
SORRY MY LOVES. NO FOOD PORN TONIGHT 🙁 WEH. Take the night off, no? It’ll do you some good! BUT, BUT, BUT, I promise to post some food porn of these babies the next time I whip them up. AND I always keep my promises, right? YEP. Patience is a virtue, but based on how freaking-absolutely-delicious they were, it looks like I’ll be whipping these babes up again in NO TIME!
ENJOY MY LOVES! <3 <3 <3 xoxo!
OH WAIT, just want to show you how happy these babies made me. Here’s a pic of me POST-BREAKY. SO FREAKING HAPPY (Not to mention, FULL AF).
Love you all! Xx!