Rise & shine my loves!! <3 <3 I’M BACK, DUH!! (When am I not, right?)
This (early) morning, we talk about yesterday’s lunch goals/salad goals/EVERYTHING GOALS! That baby took me ALL THE WAY TO INDIA. How beautiful is she though? She is EVERYTHING & when I say EVERYTHING, I mean:
- Bright & colourful!
- Clean, light & healthy!
- YUMMY AF!
- FULL OF PROTEIN & FIBRE (By now, I think you have all figured out that these are like my MUST-HAVES in all my meals! Basically, a meal ain’t a meal without ‘em!!!!)
- Savoury AF (yet naturally sweetened with the raw honey, ZOMFG)!
- Gluten-free, grain-free & refined sugar-free!!!! WHAT?!!
I’m going to stop here, simply because it’s VERY hard for me to put this beautifulness into words… it really is. BUT, I’m going to try my very best for you, my loves. Ladies & gents, I present you with my take on Kelly’s Take on an Indian-Themed Salad with Curried Sweet Potato & a Cumin, Honey & Yogurt Dressing a.k.a. This-Babe-Took-Me-All-The-Way-to-India-&-YUM-MAHAL-You?
THINK: Crispy spinach. Curried sweet potato. My perfectly roasted eggplant. Juicy, yet crunchy cherry tomatoes. Organic unsweetened cranberries. Chopped mock crab. Chopped celery. TONS of freshly chopped coriander & dill. OHHHH & it’s all in the INDIAN DRESSSSSSING. WOAH! Fantasize about all these beautiful ingredients tossed in a beautiful red wine vinegar, cumin, curry, honey & yogurt vinaigrette… DEAD. YOU?
BEFORE WE GET INTO THE NITTY-GRITTY (Yes, my loves, by now, you have learned that there is always a “BEFORE” or a “BUT”. Deal with it, kay? Hope you still love moi!), I just want to share a bit with you munchkins regarding the NUTRITIONAL PUNCH OF THIS BABE. It’s gonna be quick, swear! BASICALLY, I think it’s ÜBER NECESSARY for you babes to know that she packs an entire 25 grams of protein & 22 grams of fibre. HEAVEN ON EARTH, RIGHT? I know… Honestly, I’ve been creating these heavenly situations WAY TOO OFTEN LATELY. I’m like a GODDESS, NO?
Anywho lovies, I KNOW YOUR TUMMIES ARE GROWLING AT THE THOUGHT OF THIS BABY, so let’s get right to it! YOU READY, BRAH? UH, even if you aren’t. TOO BAD! Here goes:
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
FOR THE SALAD:
- 200g of spinach;
- 200g of mock crab, CUBED;
- 200g of my PERFECTLY ROASTED EGGPLANT (RECIPE HERE), CHOPPED;
- 140g of cherry tomatoes, HALVED;
- 100g of celery, CHOPPED;
- 180g of my Curried Sweet Potato Rounds (A.K.A. LIFE!!!);
- For these babes, you will need 2 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tsp. of cumin, 1 tsp. of smoked paprika, 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. of onion powder, 1 tsp. of curry powder, 1/2 tsp. of ginger powder, 1/4 tsp. of turmeric, 1/4 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper & sea salt for seasoning!
- ½ cup of unsweetened organic dried cranberries or raisins;
- ½ cup of fresh cilantro, CHOPPED;
- ½ cup of fresh dill, CHOPPED;
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil (I use Maison Orphée);
- 2 tbsp. of organic red wine vinegar (Also Maison Orphée);
- 3 tbsp. of raw organic honey;
- ¼ cup of plain 2% organic Greek yogurt;
- 1 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice;
- 1 tsp. of ground cumin;
- 1 tsp. of ground coriander;
- ¾ tsp. of curry powder;
- ½ tsp. of ground ginger;
- ½ tsp. of ground turmeric;
- A pinch of cayenne pepper;
- UHHHH, in case you forgot, just reminding you babes that I use… SIMPLY ORGANIC! DUH!
- Organic Himalayan pink sea salt & freshly ground black pepper for seasoning!
OKAY, now, you’re getting impatient. YOU ALSO WANT TO GO TO INDIA. YOU WANT TO MEET ME THERE. & IN ORDER TO DO SO, I NEED TO TELL YOU HOW TO WHIP THIS BABE UP. I know my loves, sorry!!!! I JUST HAVE SO MUCH TO SAY. But fine, I’ll use the little ounce of self-control that I have & shaddup right about NOW. THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE THIS BOWL OF GOODNESS, you ready?:
- Preheat your oven to 425F & line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- PEEL (HATE THIS PART!!!!, YOU?) & Slice your sweet potato into THIN ROUNDS (Guys, I know, slicing sweet potato is ALMOST AS BAD as chopping up a butternut squash, but, the SWEET POTATO MAKES THE SALAD… so like, NO CHOICE!);
- Add your sweet potato rounds to a metal mixing bowl & SEASON THE EFF OUT OF THEM with the olive oil, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, curry powder, ginger powder, freshly ground black pepper & sea salt (BE GENEROUS, MY LOVES! Basically, the more generous you are, the more spices you will sprinkle & the more spices you sprinkle, the more delish your babies will be, OH & THE BETTER YOUR KITCH WILL SMELL). ONCE SEASONED, TOSS THE BABES & MAKE SURE THEY ARE ALL COATED EVENLY. (Yes, again, EVENLY. I’m a lawyer. I like justice, okay?).
- Lay your sweet potatoes on the prepared baking sheets, MAKING SURE NOT TO PILE THEM (If you must use more than two baking sheets, DO SO!!! You can fit four in your oven, so DO NOT BE LAZY, KAY?).
- Once the oven is preheated, BAKE THESE BABIES AT 425F for 35-40 minutes, TURNING ONCE AT HALFWAY POINT! OH, by halfway point… you may no longer be alive BECAUSE YOUR KITCH WILL SMELL BEAUTIFUL A.K.A. YOUR KITCH WILL SMELL LIKE INDIA, so make sure somebody else is around to do this for you JUST IN CASE!!! No, but seriously guys, do not forget this step! SHE’S CRUCIAL! They must roast evenly on both sides, or else… ew!
- While the babies are baking, CHOP, CUBE & HALVE all your veggies & the crab (MULTITASKING ALWAYS. Oh, & I know, my loves, it’s a lot of work. BUT, you have no idea HOW WORTH IT THIS IS. Trust me, please. I love you guys, LOVE ME BACK. TRUST ME!!!).
- Once baked, allow your sweet potatoes to cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes! (IF YOU CAN RESIST. IF NOT, EAT THE BABIES OVER THE STOVE, BUT, MAKE SURE YOU STILL HAVE ENOUGH FOR YOUR SALAD. Like I said, the babes MAKE YOUR SALAD!).
- IT’S THAT TIME. THE TIME WHERE YOU WHIP UP ANOTHER ONE OF MY HOMEMADE DRESSING CONCOCTIONS. Admit you’re tripping. Ok lovies, combine ALL THE BEAUTIFUL DRESSING INGREDIENTS TOGETHER & whisk THE EFF out of all this beautifulness until combined, a.k.a. UNTIL YOUR PERFECT VINAIGRETTE IS BORN!
- Add your sweet potato rounds to your veggie & crab mixture!
- Pour the beautifulness that is this homemade-clean-eating-light-sweet-&-savoury -CUMINY-CURRY-vinaigrette all over this BABE OF A BOWL & MIXXXXXX TO COMBINE. AND JUST LIKE THAT, YOUR INDIAN SALAD IS BORN. LET’S SEE HOW LONG IT TAKES YOU TO DEVOU HER (Don’t think it even took me ten minutes, NBD)!!
- DEVOUR THE EFF OUT OF THIS INDIAN BABE, OOPS, I MEAN OUT OF THIS BABE OF A SALAD!!!
- Cry because you want more & there’s none left. WEH. Next time babies, be smart. DOUBLE YOUR RECIPE. HECK, TRIPLE IT!
Admit this one was SUPER SIMPLE, QUICK & EASY? (Minus the SWEET POTATO, but you can totz. do that in advance next time. MEAL PREP FOR THE WIN!!! OH & they will stay well when refrigerated in an airtight container for at least a week! #winning). I know… I’m freaking awesome, people. IT’S BECAUSE I LOVE YOU GUYS, obvs.
OH & FOOD PORN!!!!:
Enjoy my lovelies!!! <3 <3 <3 xoxo!