Really, Really, Really Yummy Miso Citrus Dressing a.k.a. That-I-Want-To-Pour-You-On-Everything-Bright-&-Tangy-AF-Dressing-You-Will-Instantly-Fall-In-Love-With-Oh-&-Miso-Always!
Hi again lovies!! <3
Checking in again, this time at 7:40AM. You guys must be AWAKE BY NOW. If not, what are you waiting for?!?!
Today’s first recipe of the day (LORD KNOWS THERE WILL BE MORE THAN ONE, DUH!) is my Really, Really, Really Yummy Miso Citrus Dressing a.k.a. That-I-Want-To-Pour-You-On-Everything-Bright-&-Tangy-AF-Dressing-You-Will-Instantly-Fall-In-Love-With-Oh-&-Miso-Always! ZOMFG. I’m dead. No, I’m still alive, but I’m fictively dead. THE SMELL OF THIS BABE… You legit go to heaven, my loves. You will want to put her on EVERYTHING.
THINK: A bright, tangy combination of orange juice, lemon juice, miso, garlic, ginger & maple syrup… ALL OF THESE INGREDIENTS ALSO HAVE DETOXIFYING PROPERTIES. ADMIT YOU LOVE ME. NOW. Basically, consider this babe a health kick & a DELICIOUSLY-INCREDIBLY-YUMMY WAY FOR YOU TO DETOX (WITHOUT EVEN FEELING IT!). ONCE AGAIN… TWO BIRDS, ONE STONE!!!
BEFORE I GET INTO THE NITTY-GRITTY OF HOW TO MAKE THIS BABY, here are some ideas for how to use this baby (Simply because I’m THAT creative & stuff, ya know? Oh & I want to make you fantasize a bit too! OOPS!):
- Pour this deliciousness over chopped cabbage & other crunchy veggies & make a SLAW!!!
- Use it as a dressing for steamed veggies!
- Pour it over yummy Asian salads or bowls!
- Toss it with some cold soba noodles & stir-fried veggies, add SOME PROTEIN & some cashews or peanuts et voilà!
- DRINK IT!!!!!! (LAWLZ, TOTZ JOKING about this one!)
SO MANY POSSIBILITIES & SO MANY IDEAS. I can’t even.
ONE MORE THING. IT’S THAT TIME. NUTRITION-101 WITH KELLY IN THE KITCH. Quick recap of the benefits of none other than MISO!!!!!
- OKAY, FIRST OFF, basically, miso is a paste made from SOYBEANS, SEA SALT & KOJI (A mold starter. Don’t get disgusted. She’s fermented!!!) & is often mixed with rice, barley or other grains! The mixture actually ferments for 3 months to 3 years, which produces a TOTALLY ENZYME-RICH FOOD. Basically, the binding agent zybicolin found in miso is effective for detoxifying & eliminating elements that are taken into the body through industrial pollution, radioactivity & artificial chemicals in the soil & food system. COOL, RIGHT?
- Miso contains ALL ESSENTIAL AMINO ACIDS, so MISO = PROTEIN & PROTEIN = <3, THEREFORE MISO = <3.
- She stimulates the secretion of digestive fluids in the tummy & restores beneficial probiotics to the intestines. BASICALLY, MISO = GOOD FOR YOUR GUT & GOOD FOR DIGESTION! #winning.
- AMAZING SOURCE OF VITAMIN B12 & other B vitamins!
- Miso actually strengthens your blood quality!
- Reduces the risk for breast, prostate, lung & colon cancers. WHAT?!
- OHHH, she also strengthens your immune system & helps lower “BAD CHOLESTEROL” (a.k.a. that LDL cholesterol).
- HIGH IN ANTIOXIDANTS & antioxidants protect against free radicals, so… WINNINGGGG!!!!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- 1 tbsp. of natural organic rice vinegar;
- 2 garlic cloves, MINCED;
- 1 tsp. of ground ginger;
- ¼ cup of fresh lemon juice;
- ¼ cup of orange juice (NO PULP!!!);
- 1 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup;
- 1 tbsp. of white MISO PASTE!!!! P.S. MY LOVES, when buying miso, AVOID the pasteurized versions & spend your dough on the live enzyme-rich product, which is also loaded with beneficial microorganisms! It might be a little more costly, BUT IT’S SO WORTH IT FOR THE NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS!
- Freshly ground black pepper & sea salt to taste!
KAY, THIS IS SO EASY. ALL YOU GOTTA DO IS:
- Whisk all the beautifulness that is these ingredients together!!
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more miso (or a pinch of salt) if you would like your dressing more salty.
- Store any remaining dressing in the fridge (LORD KNOWS there will not be any leftover dressing, but whatevz, just in case!!!).
OKAY, FOOD PORN!!!! SHE’S SO BRIGHT & PRETTY & AHHHHH!
ENJOY lovies!!! <3 <3 xoxo!