Magically Delicious Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Crisps a.k.a. That-Thin-Chewy-Rich-Soft-Deliciousness-With-the-Perfect-Amount-of-Crisp-Oh-&-PEANUT-BUTTER-ALWAYS
Hi lovies! <3 <3
Happy Tuesday afternoon! It’s still gloomy out, BUT NOT AS BAD AS YESTERDAY! 🙂
OKAY, so this morning, I WAS BACK ON THE GRIND (DUH!) & woke up with the idea of making CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE CRISPS (Not a bad thing idea to wake up to, right? Guess I woke up on the right side of the bed!). Then, I started thinking about peanut butter & I thought… WHAT’S BETTER THAN TO WHIP UP SOME PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE CRISPS?! (WOAH! That’s a lot to handle, I know. But, reread it, think about it for a second or two… THEN DROOL). Again, I KILLED TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE!
Basically, this morning I whipped up these cookie thins WITHOUT ANY FLOUR OR BUTTER (I SWEAR. This is not a joke) & they are magically delish. Ladies & gents, I present you with my Magically Delicious Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Crisps a.k.a. That-Thin-Chewy-Rich-Soft-Deliciousness-With-the-Perfect-Amount-of-Crisp-Oh-&-PEANUT-BUTTER-ALWAYS.
First things first, I HAVE A CONFESSION. I am legit IN ABSOLUTE HEAD-OVER-HEELS LOVE with peanut butter, you? Honestly, if I had an allergy to this baby, I would probably still find a way to eat it. It legit completes me in some way… I know, some of you feel this way about Nutella & I totally get it. NUT BUTTERS ARE CREAMY AF, ADDICTIVE AND AMAZING TO SPREAD ON LEGIT ANYTHING.
OH, & while I’m at it, let me make another confession – I usually do it ANIMAL STYLE. No shame. Basically, I eat it straight out ‘da jar with a spoon. UHHHH. I think I might be an addict. Are there any PEANUT BUTTER OBSESSION SUPPORT GROUPS OUT THERE? PLEASE SHARE IF YOU ARE IN THE LOOP ABOUT THIS. THANKS. I mean… probably not, BUT, these cookie crisps? They are PERF for people who are explicitly (like me) in love with peanut butter. In fact, since they contain ZERO butter & ZERO flour, they are packed with TRUE PEANUT BUTTER FLAVAH. Plus, they bake up chewy & soft with slightly crispy edges (UH, isn’t’ that how a cookie should always be?). I’m so excited!! I know you munchkins are going to LOVE THEM.
Since I legit cannot contain my excitement, for once in my life, I WILL GET RIGHT TO IT. AND BY “TO IT”, I MEAN TO THE INGREDIENTS. ADMIT YOU LOVE ME & YOU ARE SO THANKFUL THAT FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE, I SHADDAP. I’m warning you, it ain’t for long. #sorrynotsorry. OKAY, HERE GOES:
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 cup of creamy or chunky peanut butter;
- 2/3 cup of packed dark brown sugar, coconut sugar or white sugar (Personally, for this one, I used white sugar, but I think they would bake better with brown sugar since it generally tends to lead to a chewier & richer cookie & CHEWY COOKIE CRISPS = LIFE).
- 1 ½ tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract;
- 2 eggs;
- 2/3 cup of quick oats;
- 1 tsp. of baking soda;
- 2/3 cup of chocolate chips (OK, so, if for SOME ODD REASON, you are not into chocolate chips, you can feel free to substitute them with some other add-ins, such as: raisins, cranberries, white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips or nuts, such as walnuts or pecans!).
KAY, BUT HOW YUMMY DOES THIS SOUND? Would you believe me if I told you these babes are EVEN yummier than they sound? I SWEAR!!!! Okay, now that all these beautiful ingredients are chillin’ on your counters waiting to be combined into this deliciousness, I think it’s fair that we get to the nitty-gritty of how to WHIP THESE BABIES UP. You ready?
- Preheat your oven to 350F & line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats!
- In a small metal mixing bowl, mix together the oats & the baking soda & set aside!
- In a larger bowl, beat the CREAMY AF PEANUT BUTTER (WHAT A FREAKING BEAUTIFUL SIGHT, right?), brown sugar, eggs & vanilla extract with an electric mixer until SMOOOOOTH AF (& GORG). This took about 3 minutes for me!
- ONCE SMOOOTH AF, mix the dry ingredients into the wet ones with a wooden spoon & then gently fold in your CHOCOLATE CHIP GOODNESS!
- PLOP (LITERALLY!!!) THE COOKIES & place onto your baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. GUYS, THE BABES WILL SPREAD. A LOT!). FLATTEN THE COOKIE WITH YOUR HAND (CRUCIAL – THIS WILL HELP YOU ACHIEVE THE “CRISP”. The dough will defs be PRETTY STICKY AF, so you can try using a cookie scoop or even an ice cream scoop to drop the cookie dough onto the baking sheet. OH & LOVIES, DO NOT PANIC IF YOUR COOKIES ARE NOT PERFECTLY ROUND IN SHAPE – They are not supposed to be.
- Bake the cookies for 13 minutes & remove when the edges BARELY BEGIN TO TURN A GOLDEN BROWN (Once again, you know what this means lovies? WATCH YOUR COOKIES. CARE FOR YOUR COOKIES. LOVE YOUR COOKIES. BASICALLY, DO NOT LET YOUR COOKIES BURN!). Beware that the cookies may look slightly underdone when you take them fresh out ‘da oven but they will obvs. continue to cook once you remove them!
- Cool the babies for about 2-4 minutes on the cookie sheet & then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. UHHHH. Who the F is ever able to make it past the cooling step? Honestly, if ever you succeed at this, please instruct me as to HOW ON EARTH YOU DO THAT. I would love to build some resistance, but honestly, no matter what I do, it just doesn’t seem to work. BASICALLY, I AM TAKING SUGGESTIONS & ADVICE. Thanks!
OH & before we get to the food porn, MAY I MAKE ONE SUGGESTION? These babes will disappear in the blink of an eye (literally). You will not know where they went or what hit you when you open the container (if you even get to the point where you have any left to store) & it’s empty, YOUR WORLD WILL COME COOKIE-CRUMBLING DOWN. Therefore, my recommendation is: DOUBLE THE RECIPE!!!!!!
OKAY, FOOD PORN:
Enjoy my loves!!!! <3 <3 xoxo! 🙂