Miso & Sesame Marinated Flakey AF Cod a.k.a. When-Your-Kitch-Smells-Like-Heaven-&-You-Don’t-Know-How-To-Deal-STARE-AT-THE-OVEN-&-DROOL
Hi lovies!!!! <3 <3
Tonight, my sissy & I took MEAL PREP to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL. This is only ONE OF THE MANY BEAUTIFUL BABIES we concocted (I promise, I’m coming to you with the rest in no time!!!) & well… SHE IS THE ANSWER TO ALL YOUR COD RECIPE FANTASIES & MORE. She will take you to another place... & that flake though… IT WILL MAKE YOU MELT. I can’t even.
Ladies & gents, I present you with my Miso & Sesame Marinated Flakey AF Cod a.k.a. When-Your-Kitch-Smells-Like-Heaven-&-You-Don’t-Know-How-To-Deal-STARE-AT-THE-OVEN-&-DROOL. My loves, these babes give me ALL THE FEELS. If you could only be a witness of the smell in my kitch as soon as these flakey AF babies were baked… YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND MY EXCITEMENT. GUESS WHAT? That means you’ll have NO OTHER CHOICE but to whip these babes up for yourselves. OH & honestly, in doing so, you ain’t doing me a favour but you are sure AF doing yourselves one!!!
THE ABSOLUTE BEST PART ABOUT THIS RECIPE is that it takes NOT EVEN 10 minutes to whip up & then, you can SORTA forget about her while she bakes, BUT, SHOW HER SOME LOVE. WATCH HER. CARE FOR HER. SHE DESERVES IT. PLUS… the problem with cod is that if you cook her for too long, YOU LOSE THAT FLAKE. And what’s cod without the flake, right? BASICALLY, THIS MEANS, IF YOU WANT THAT PERFECT BAKE, WATCH YOUR COD, OKAY LOVIES? If you’re totz okay with that mediocre-lost-that-flake-bake, THEN GO BACK TO NETFLIX, but don’t call me crying when your cod is not flakey, kay? Thanks.
ANYWHO, I won’t keep you munchkins waiting any longer. LET ME TELL YOU WHAT YOU NEED TO WHIP THIS BABY UP. Wait until you see how simple I’ve made this for you. YOU WILL LOVE ME (EVEN MORE) FOREVER!!!!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 large Cod fillets;
- 1/4 cup of gluten-free Tamari soy sauce;
- 2 tbsp. of organic sesame oil (I use Maison Orphée);
- 4 tbsp. of light sweet miso (or any other type of miso you prefer!). P.S. If you’ve never tried miso, THIS BABE IS GOING TO MAKE YOU FALL IN LOVE!!!!! (AT FIRST BITE, DUH!);
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder;
- 1 tsp. of ginger powder;
- 1/2 tsp. of organic Himalayan pink sea salt;
- 1/2 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- 1/4 cup of roasted black sesame seeds (Does anybody else agree with me that black sesame seeds are SO MUCH BETTER, NOT TO MENTION, PRETTIER, than regular ones? Please say yes!).
SO SIMPLE. SO CLEAN. SO HEALTHY. RIGHT? I know. You don’t need to say it twice!!!! NOW, you want to know how to whip all these clean & healthy ingredients into THAT PERFECT MISO-SESAME COD PACKED WITH PROTEIN, GOOD-FOR-YOU-FATS & ALL THAT OTHER GOOD STUFF, right? Fine, only ’cause I love you & I’m in a good mood tonight. NO MORE RANTING. Here goes!:
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper & lay your two cod fillets on the sheet.
- Pour the Tamari & sesame oil over your cod fillets & with the back of a spoon or a rubber spatula, lather the liquid so that it coats your fillets EVENLY.
- Once the fillets are coated in the beautifulness that is THE TAMARI & SESAME OIL COMBO, LATHER 2 tbsp. of miso on each cod fillet (using the back of a spoon or a rubber spatula once again!).
- Season your fillets with the garlic powder, ginger powder, sesame salt & freshly ground black pepper.
- NOW, FOR THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PART: Drizzle the roasted black sesame seeds all over your cod fillets!!!!! So fun!! So pretty!!!
- BAKE THE BABES AT 350F FOR 15 MINUTES & BAM!!!!!!! (Guys, it’s crucial that you watch your babes in the oven… YOU WANT TO PRESERVE DAT FLAKE, RIGHT? COD AIN’T NOTHING WITHOUT DAT FLAKE. Basically, you have been WARNED. If you choose not to show your cod the love & care it deserves, I deny all liability when she tastes like rubber. OKAY?).
- DEVOUR THE EFF OUT OF THESE BABIES. You can totz keep leftovers for up to 3 days in the refrigerator (BUT THESE FLAKEY AF FILLETS WON’T LAST THAT LONG ANYWAY, TRUST ME ON THAT ONE!).
OH & FOOD PORN!!!!:
Enjoy my loves!!!! <3 <3