Kelly’s Perfectly Roasted Clean-Eating, LOADED With Spices, Quick & Easy Eggplant a.k.a. The-Definition-of-Oven-Charred-Perfection-Oh-&-Can-These-Babes-be-More-Versatile?-NAH!
Hi AGAIN lovies! <3
You know that PERFECTLY ROASTED EGGPLANT all you munchkins have been asking me about??? HERE SHE IS & I’M ABOUT TO TELL YOU HOW TO MAKE HER!!! Revelation day! Admit you’re excited!!! OH & BTW, it’s all about the spices my loves.
Ladies & gents, I present you with Kelly’s Perfectly Roasted Clean-Eating, LOADED With Spices, Quick & Easy Eggplant a.k.a. The-Definition-of-Oven-Charred-Perfection-Oh-&-Can-These-Babes-be-More-Versatile?-NAH!
I literally throw this stuff on everything guys!!!! These babies are SO VERSATILE, legit, like THE MOST VERSATILE THING EVER. What do I mean?
- Throw them into salads!
- Use them as a base for fish/meat/seafood dishes!
- Eat them AS IS!!!
- Chop them up really FINELY & make yourself a Moroccan Eggplant Salad!!!!! (Á la marocaine!!!);
- BASICALLY, these are just a FEW SUGGESTIONS & the POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!
Anywho lovies, this is DEFS. ONE OF MY SIMPLEST, EASIEST & QUICKEST recipes yet, but you would never believe it when you taste these roasted slices/cubes of wonderfulness! LET ME EXPLAIN.
FIRST OFF, you will need:
- 1 eggplant, SLICED or CUBED (TOTZ UP TO YOU!);
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder;
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika;
- 1 tsp. of turmeric (P.S. If it’s your first time cooking with turmeric or you are not THE BIGGEST FAN, you can totz. reduce the quantity to ¾ tbsp. simply because it has a very strong taste & I don’t want you to ruin your eggplant!!!! #caringAF);
- 1 tsp. of cumin;
- ½ tsp. of chilli powder;
- ½ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- ½ tsp. of organic Himalayan pink sea salt;
- 2 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil;
YES, my loves! THAT IS ALL! I wasn’t lying when I said this was simple!!! (Lez be honest, I never lie & I always keep my promises!!).
Now, to make these SLICES/CUBES of wonderfulness! HERE’S WHAT YOU GOTTA DO MY LOVES (Please don’t tell me I’m asking for too much, seriously, SO EFFING EASY! You’re gonna love me forever!!):
- Preheat your oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice or cube your eggplant & throw it into a LARGE metal mixing bowl (You will need room to mix my loves!!!);
- Season your eggplant with the garlic powder, smoked paprika, turmeric, cumin, chilli powder, pepper, sea salt & 2 tbsp. of olive oil! TOSS ALL THIS BEAUTY TO COMBINE. MAKE SURE ALL OF YOUR EGGPLANT IS EVENLY COATED! Your eggplant is good to you, SO BE GOOD TO IT, OKAY?
- Place your cuties, OOPS, I MEAN EGGPLANT, on the lined baking sheet (DO NOT LAYER THEM). If you must, use two baking sheets so you have room to separate them or else they won’t roast properly (AND nobody likes eggplant when it’s not roasted THE RIGHT WAY, kay?).
- Bake the babes for 30 minutes, flipping once at halfway mark! THIS IS CRUCIAL. DO NOT FORGET TO FLIP! Don’t you want these babes to roast evenly on both sides? Well, then LISTEN TO ME! OH & WATCH YOUR BABES, OKAY?
- Once baked, allow the babies to cool on the baking sheet(s) & then store in an airtight container in your fridge (BUT AS ALWAYS, I promise. No, I guarantee, that once baked, you will be standing over your oven eating directly off the baking sheet & you will not have much to store in that airtight container… SORRY NOT SORRY. Next time babes, double your batch!!!
- DEVOURRRRRRRR!!!! (If you haven’t already!!)
P.S. If you are able to make these cuties last this long, they will stay well in the refrigerator for a week! But I mean… we both know they won’t let. Why be in denial?
OH & FOOOOOOD PORN:
Bon appétit lovies!! Xx <3 <3 <3