Kelly’ in the Kitch’s 10-Minute Salmon Tartare a.k.a. The Cleanest-Quickest-Simplest-Easiest-BUT-Yummiest-AF-Salmon-Tartare-That You-Ever-Did-Eat-Oops-I-Mean-DEVOUR
Hello again my loves! Rise & shine again!!! <3 <3
(Perhaps the odds are higher that some of you are actually awake RN. Checking in at 6:24am, waddup?)
GUYS, this BEAUTIFUL SALMON TARTARE CAME TO LIFE IN MY KITCH LAST NIGHT… Unfortunately, it got to a point where she rendered me absolutely-positively-SPEECHLESS (And we all know that does not happen often, so when it does, IT DEFS MEANS SOMETHING, RIGHT?). Anywho, BECAUSE I WAS SPEECHLESS, I tempted you guys a little too much & made you wait a little too long before sharing this beauty of a dish with you. SO HERE I AM, 6:20AM, GOING UP ON A MONDAY & typing away frantically to get this babe to you. Admit you adore me. NOW.
Ladies & gents, I present you with Kelly’ in the Kitch’s 10-Minute Salmon Tartare a.k.a. The Cleanest-Quickest-Simplest-Easiest-BUT-Yummiest-AF-Salmon-Tartare-That-You-Ever-Did-Eat-Oops-I-Mean-DEVOUR. SHE IS EVERYTHING & by that, I mean:
- Clean, lean & healthy;
- Made with only real, natural & good-for-you ingredients;
- Full of HEALTHY & GOOD-FOR-YOU FATS;
- SUPER versatile;
- YUMMY AF;
- LOADED with sesame deliciousness;
- MOIST, CREAMY & SAVOURY;
- & … READY IN JUST TEN MINUTES!!!!!!
Basically, THINK: Really, really, really diced salmon. Tamari. Rice Vinegar. SESAME OIL. SESAME SEEDS. SESAME EVERYTHING. Citrusy lime juice. Ginger. Chilli. Dill. GARLIC FOR DAYZ. AHHHH, too much drooling. LET’S JUST GET TO THE NITTY-GRITTY. YOU DOWN?
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 lbs. of tartare-grade fresh salmon fillets, DICED REALLY, REALLY, REALLY SMALL (Basically, DICE THE EFF OUT OF ‘EM, UNTIL YOU GET TOO TIRED/LAZY, then you can stop. But, don’t blame me if it doesn’t look like tartare, a.k.a. if you stop after 2 minutes. C’MON, PUT IT SOME WORK);
- ½ cup of gluten-free Tamari soy sauce;
- ½ cup of natural organic rice vinegar;
- ¼ cup of organic sesame oil;
- 1/8 cup of fresh squeezed lime juice;
- 1 tbsp. of ginger, garlic & chilli paste OR 1 tbsp. of fresh ginger, CHOPPED FINELY & combined with a few drops of Sriracha or chilli paste!
- 2 cloves of garlic, MINCED;
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder;
- 1 tsp. of ground ginger;
- 1 tsp. of dried dill;
- ½ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- Organic Himalayan pink sea salt for seasoning;
- ¼ cup of roasted black sesame seeds;
NOW, how do you whip these simple (& VERY SHORT ingredients list) into the beauty that is this tartare THAT YOU ARE CURRENTLY DROOLING/SALIVATING/FANTASIZING/DYING/FREAKING OUT over?!?! Here goes my loves:
- DICE THE EFF OUT OF YOUR SALMON.
- Once diced, add your salmon to a large metal mixing bowl! (Give yourselves room TO MIX & WORK THEM ARMS).
- Add the Tamari, rice vinegar, sesame oil, lime juice, ginger, garlic & chilli paste, garlic, garlic powder, ground ginger, black pepper & sea salt to the bowl & MIX WELL UNTIL EVERYTHING IS BEAUTIFULLY COMBINED & well… YOUR TARTARE JUST CAME TO LIFE. How freaking easy was that? No, but seriously, MIX VERY WELL, MY LOVES. I am not asking for much, am I?
- NOW, once everything is MIXED WELL, pour the beautifully-roasted-black-sesame-seeds over your TARTARE & MIX WELL, YES, AGAIN!!!! COAT all your salmon in these little babies… AND WHEN I SAY COAT, I MEAN COAT EVENLY. Your salmon should ALL feel EQUALLY LOVED. Okay? No jealousy or envy here, mes amours!
- P.S. The tartare will actually TASTE BEST if you cover it & let it sit in the refrigerator for a few hours so that it could marinate in the magically-delicious-incredibly-perfect-beautifully-yummy sauce you just created. But, I totz understand where you’re coming from when you tell me that the TEMPTATION IS KILLING YOU. So if you must, devour her IMMEDIATELY.
MAY I MAKE A SERVING SUGGESTION? I do not need your permission. Never mind. BUT BABES, throw in some diced avocado, mango, finely chopped green onion, fresh cilantro and/or basil & LATHER THIS BEAUTIFULNESS on some sesame or rice crackers et VOILÁ.
You’re in TARTARE HEAVEN, I KNOW. HOW BEAUTIFUL IS IT UP THERE? I JUST CAME DOWN. BUT I’LL MEET YOU THERE SHORTLY. I’M JUST CHOPPING MY AVO. Love you! <3
OH, btw, here is a shot of me in action. AND, BY IN ACTION, I MEAN, dissecting the EFF out of the salmon to create this BEAUTIFUL TARTARE YOU JUST FELL IN <3 WITH. Am I wrong? P.S. MY HANDS FREAKING REEK!!! BUT, IT WAS SO WORTH IT. OH & excuse the mess, by the way. Pretend you did not se it, OKAY?
FOOD PORN, anyone??!?!
Enjoy my beauties!! <3 xoxo!