Hi lovies!! <3 <3
Hope you all had a good SUNDAY, FUNDAY! 🙂 & that you spent SOME, if not, ALL, of it in the kitch whipping up some (of my) yummy recipes for the rest of the week. If you didn’t, there’s still hope & there’s still time!!
Today, the SALAD QUEEN (In case you were wondering, I’m totz referring to myself) whipped up this SALAD GOALS & she made the B her LUNCH GOALS. Basically, she KILLED IT. Ladies & gents, I present you with my Honey Mustard Chicken & Spinach Salad Loaded with Good-For-You Veggies & Herbs in a Honey & Lime Vinaigrette a.k.a. That-Gorgeously-Green-Protein-&-Fibre-Packed-Babe-You-Will-Never-Get-Enough-Of.
Lovies, you know that chicken I whipped up yesterday? Yeah… that Honey Mustard & Cumin one that I posted HERE (& that I don’t know what you’re waiting for to make!!!). WELLLLLLL… she’s the MAIN EVENT OF THIS BOWL OF BEAUTIFULNESS. Just knowing that, I’m sure you could already imagine HOW FREAKING GREAT she is. BUT, SINCE I LOVE Y’ALL, let me give you a few more deets before we attack the nitty-gritty!
THINK: Crispy spinach. My Honey Mustard & Cumin Chicken Breast. Sweet organic corn. Juicy & crunchy cherry tomatoes. Cucumber. Roasted eggplant. Sliced red onion. LOADS of fresh dill, cilantro & basil. OHHHHHH & A HONEY-LIME VINAIGRETTE (HOMEMADE, obvs!!!!). In a nutshell, this babe is not only GORGEOUSLY-BEAUTIFUL, BUT she’s also HEALTHY, CLEAN, PACKED WITH GREENS & NUTRIENT-RICH VEGGIES FOR DAYS & JAMMED WITH ROTEIN & FIBRE (#winning). She is basically the ULTIMATE PERFECT LUNCH & I AM IN LOVE.
Anywho lovies, let’s not drag this on for too long. I want to preserve our LOVING relationship & don’t want you to start hating me for keeping this baby from you for too long. So HERE GOES! My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
FOR THE SALAD:
- 250g of spinach;
- 150g of my Honey Mustard & Cumin Chicken Breast;
- 150g of cherry tomatoes, HALVED;
- 200g of organic sweet corn;
- 120g of red onion, SLICED FINELY;
- 150g of roasted eggplant (RECIPE HERE, but FOLLOWING SEVERAL REQUESTS, A MORE DETAILED RECIPE FOR MY ROASTED EGGPLANT WILL BE POSTED SOON AS A SEPARATE POST!);
- 120g of cucumber, CUBED;
- 3 tbsp. of Parm/Romano/nutritional yeast (DUH!!! What’s a salad SANS THE CHEESE?);
- 2 tbsp. of fresh dill, CHOPPED;
- 2 tbsp. of fresh basil, CHOPPED;
- 2 tbsp. of fresh cilantro, CHOPPED;
Pretty simple, right? Oh wait, wait, THE DRESSING!!!! HOW COULD I FORGET? (UH, I so didn’t. I was getting to it. PATIENCE, MES AMOURS, PATIENCE!) P.S. You will DEFS have leftover dressing if you use these exact quantities, BUT THAT’S THE GOAL. TRUST ME, you will thank me, my loves! You will want to use her over & over again!!!!
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice;
- 2 tbsp. honey (I use Wild Country organic raw honey);
- 1 tbsp. of organic white balsamic vinegar (I use Maison Orphée);
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard;
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder;
- 1/4 tsp. cumin;
- 1/2 tsp. organic Himalayan pink sea salt;
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper;
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin organic olive oil.
NOW, how do you combine all this beautifulness to create this ridiculously-beautiful-I-cannot-wait-to-eat-I-mean-devour-you babe of a salad? Here goes lovies!
- In a LARGE bowl (Make sure your bowl is actually LARGE. You will need room to mix lovies!), combine all the chopped veggies, herbs & chicken;
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all the (BEAUTIFUL) dressing ingredients until fully combined!
- POUR THE BEAUTIFUL DRESSING OVER THE SALAD, GARNISH WITH PARM/ROMANP/NUTRITIONAL YEAST (or all of the above!!!) ET VOILÁ! DEVOUR.
OH & FOOD PORN!!!:
Enjoy my loves!!! <3 xoxo!