Vegan/Clean-Eating/Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Black-Bean Cookies a.k.a. The-Ultimate-Rich-&-Fudgy-Brownies-of-Cookies-Made-With-The-Most-Real-Ingredgients-Oh-&-Will-You-Marry-Me?
Happy SaturYAY my lovelies! <3 <3
CURRENT SITCH IN KELLY’S KITCH (at 5:30AM this morning): Baked up a vegan/clean-eating/gluten-free DOUBLE CHOCOLATE COOKIE storm!!!!! These babies are amazingly RICH & FUDGY & are MADE WITH REAL INGREDIENTS. I legit want to marry them & I’m pretty sure you will want to also (Take my word for it, kay?)….
Ladies & gents, I present you with my Vegan/Clean-Eating/Gluten-Free DOUBLE Chocolate Cookies a.k.a. The-Ultimate-Rich-&-Fudgy-Brownies-of-Cookies-Made-With-The-Most-Real-Ingredgients-Oh-&-Will-You-Marry-Me?
WAIT, WAIT, let me break this down for you. Healthy chocolate cookies… As in… NO BUTTER, NO OIL, NO REFINED SUGAR. NO EGGS & NO FLOUR. Basically, vegan, gluten-free, made with real ingredients & too good to be true? YEP. That’s what’s up my loves.
The best part? These healthy babes don’t actually taste healthy… they taste like FUDGE BROWNIES, PLOPPED INTO CUTE LITTLE COOKIES (They may not be perfectly shaped, but whatevz. You aren’t judging me, right?).
ANOTHER AMAZING thing about these babes (That I am sure you munchkins will adore me for, as if you don’t already do!) is that the ingredient list for these fudgy babies is super short!!! THINK: Cacao powder. Vanilla. Maple syrup. Baking Powder. Sea salt. Chocolate Chips… & BEANS. BEANS. BEANS. Guys… Super nutritious, protein-packed, fat-free, THE-OG-OF-CLEAN-EATING… BEANS! These babes have legit become my all-time FAVOURITE baking ingredient. They give cookies & brownies that rich, moist, fudgy texture that flour, sugar, butter & eggs can only aspire & dream about. AND THEY ARE ONE OF THE HEALTHIEST FOODS ON THE PLANET. Did you really just try to mess with beans though? NICE TRY!
To counter the healthiness of these little rounds of goodness, oops, I mean beans, I ADDED SOME CHOCOLATE CHIPS… I mean. I had to!!!! Is your mind going all kinds of cray-cray at the thought of these babies? I HOPE SO, ‘cause they comin’ for ya & … THEY THIRSTAY!
Before getting into the NITTY-GRITTY, guess what time it is? YES. You guessed right. IT’S TIME FOR NUTRITION-101 WITH KELLY IN THE KITCH & today, we are tackling BLACK BEANS!!! So, WHAT’S SO GOOD ABOUT THEM, you ask?
- Black beans are LOADED with protein and fibre… MY TWO FAVES. I’m talking 15 grams of protein & 15 grams of fibre IN ONE CUP OF BLACK BEANS!!! Basically, this means that black beans are EVERYTHING. No, but really, it means that they are FREAKING AMAZING FOR DIGESTIVE REGULATION. #winning & ARE SUPER-DUPER FILLING!
- The babes contain NO CHOLESTEROL & could ACTUALLY help decrease the overall risk of heart disease.
- They are super rich in vitamins & minerals, such as Vitamin A, calcium, iron, manganese, flavonoids (which means, they have ANTIOXIDANT abilities & can actually help reduce certain types of cancers!!) & omega-3 fatty acids.
- BESIDES ALL THESE NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS, the babes are FREAKING ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY INCREDIBLY DELISH!
OK, THANK YOU FOR LISTENING. I hope you learned something!!! NOW, to the nitty-gritty. My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 15-oz. can of black beans, RINSED & DRAINED (My loves, it is ÜBER important to make sure that you REALLY DRAIN the beans. Nobody likes watery cookies, right?);
- ¼ cup of organic unsweetened cacao powder (I use Cuisine Camino);
- 1 ½ tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract (I use Simply Organic);
- ¼ cup of raw organic almond butter or peanut butter;
- ¼ c. + 1 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup;
- 1 tsp. of baking powder;
- A pinch of sea salt!
- ¾ cup of dairy-free chocolate chips (If dairy isn’t a concern for you my loves, LET YOUR IMAGINATIONS RUN WILD. MIX IT UP. HAVE FUN. Try milk chocolate chips, bittersweet, white chocolate chips, butterscotch chocolate chips. AHHHHH, ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES!);
Yes, loves, that is ALL. I told you. SIMPLE & REAL INGREDIENTS. By now, you know I DO NOT LIE. NOW, HOW DO YOU WHIP TOGETHER ALL THESE CLEAN INGREDIENTS TO CREATE THIS CHOCOLATE-Y (BEAN-Y) WONDERFULNESS?
- Heat the oven to 350F & line a cookie sheet with baking mats or parchment paper;
- Combine ALL THE BEAUTIFUL INGREDIENTS (EXCEPT the chocolate chips – save these babies for LATER!) in a food processor (ONLY, THE BEST THING EVER);
- Pulse for about 2-3 minutes, scraping the sides of the container as needed! (SAVE AS MUCH CHOCOLATE AS YOU CAN!!);
- Once all the ingredients are combined & you have a gorgeous chocolate batter, transfer the dough to a bowl & stir in your chocolate chips!
- If your dough is very soft (MINE WAS!), pop it into the fridge for about 30 minutes to an hour to firm up! (If you don’t have the time to do this, NO WORRIES, you can still bake the babes right away & they will turn out perfectly!);
- Use an ice cream scoop (MY TRICK!) or drop the dough by heaping tablespoons onto the baking sheet. If you wish, you can press a few more chocolate chips into the top of each cookie or leave them AS IS!
- BAKE THE BABES FOR 10-12 MINUTES.
- WARNING!: Make sure you let the babies stand for AT LEAST 10 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack or else you will end up with some gooey-exploded chocolate-y messes. I mean… that isn’t necessarily a bad thing, right? IT’S DELICIOUSLY ANNOYING. But still, let them cool! Then again, if you simply cannot resist, a.k.a. MY SITCH, a.k.a. I AM THE COOKIE MONSTER, just eat one right away. Then, proceed to have another & another… and well, if there’s anything left in your batch post-fresh-out-‘da-oven BINGE, transfer to a coiling rack.
- OTHERWISE, MAKE A NEW BATCH!
OH & FOOOOOD PORN:
ENJOY LOVEBUGS!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 XOXO!