Hope you’re all having a beautiful SaturYAY! 🙂
Today, I whipped up a HOMEMADE-EVERYTHING-CAESAR-SALAD! Everything being homemade & all gave me the opportunity to whip up my very own from-scratch croutons & let me tell you munchkins, WOW! Ladies & gents, I present you with my Simple AF Homemade Sprouted Croutons a.k.a. The-Best-Croutons-Ever-The-Good-For-You-Way.
First of all, I will NEVER buy croutons again because:
- It’s so FREAKING EASY, SIMPLE & QUICK AF to make your own;
- ALL YOU NEED IS SOME SPROUTED TOAST, ORGANIC EXTRA-VIRGIN OLIVE OIL & LOADS OF SPICES (Lord knows I’ve got tons of those. BTW, I signed up f
- or Spices Anonymous. I’m waiting to hear back from them. Promise I’ll keep you munchkins in the loop!);
- I KNOW exactly what is GOING INTO (OR SHOULD I SAY, ON TO) MY CROUTONS & I KNOW they are made with the CLEANEST, REALEST, FRESHEST & NATURAL-EST (Is that a word?) INGREDIENTS!
Basically, buying croutons is NOT WORTH IT. The alternative? MAKE YOUR OWN! Honestly, my recovery has literally made me become OBSESSED with homecoming because I feel so great after eating & knowing what is going into my food is LITERALLY THE BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD (a.k.a. you are not eating all that processed, refined-sugar, packed-with-sodium-&-other-ingredients-you-cannot-pronounce GARBAGE!). Basically, if you have the time, I totz suggest slowly making the switch to prepping some homemade staples (especially on the weekends) to get you through the busy week! Plus, IT GIVES YOU THE OP TO GET SUPER CREATIVE IN THE KITCH & learn so many new things (OH &, Kelly in the Kitch is totz a good start for some staple recipes, right?). ANYWHO, let’s get right to it!!!!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- As many slices of sprouted bread (Or any bread, for that matter!) as you wish, DICED. One slice of bread will give you approximately 15 croutons, depending of course how big you cut your chunks! (I USED EZEKIEL, DUH. It’s a LOVE/LOVE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN US, always);
- 1-2 tbsp. of organic extra virgin olive oil (I use Maison Orphée). The reason I say 1-2 tbsp. is because it really all depends how many slices of bread you decide to use! ADJUST ACCORDINGLY!;
- 1/2-1 tsp. of garlic powder;
- 1/2-1 tsp. of onion powder;
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- I use Simply Organic! BUT YOU KNEW THAT!
That’s all mes amours! Told you it was simple. NOW, wait until you see how simple these little munchkins are to whip up. HERE GOES:
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Arrange your bread dices on a cookie sheet & brush them with the olive oil. Drizzle the garlic powder, onion powder & freshly ground black pepper EVENLY over your dices!
- BAKE THESE MUNCHKINS for 10 minutes or until golden brown (It took 11 minutes for moi! But, WATCH YOUR BREAD. CARE FOR YOUR BREAD. LOVE YOUR BREAD).
NOW THAT YOUR BABIES ARE READY, take this beautiful opportunity to whip up A HOMEMADE-EVERYTHING CAESAR SALAD. I’ve already revealed my recipe for my Clean-Eating Healthy-ISH Caesar Salad Dressing a.k.a. Half-The-Cals-But-Still-Creamy-AF-&-On-A-Caesar-Cloud-You? All you gotta do is throw some spinach or romaine lettuce into a large metal mixing bowl, add some of my Simply Put, The Best Grilled Chicken EVER a.k.a. Your-New-Go-To-Can’t-Get-Enough-Of-You-Marinade-For-Just-About-Everything, halved cherry tomatoes, fresh chopped basil & dill, top all of this wonderfulness with these BEAUTIFUL CROUTONS & BAM!
OH & FOOD PORN!!!!:
Enjoy!!! <3 < <3 <3 <3 xoxo!