Really-Really Chopped Kale Topped with Strawberries, Crab, Cranberries & LOADS of Herbs Tossed in a Lime, Maple & Ginger Dressing a.k.a. That-Sweet-Savoury-Citrusy-Party-In-My-Mouth-Sitch
Hi (YET AGAIN) my loves! <3 <3
You MUST admit I’ve been on point with my recipe posts lately, right? Heck, it’s the weekend & I know you guys have more time to cook & bake so I’m giving you LEGIT ALL THE OPTIONS! (See how much I care & love you all?).
This baby is TODAY’S LUNCH GOALS/SALAD GOALS/EVERYTHING GOALS. & She was MAGICALLY GREEN & DELISH!! No but seriously, HOW BEAUTIFUL IS SHE?
Ladies & gents, this is my Really-Really Chopped Kale Topped with Strawberries, Crab, Cranberries & LOADS of Herbs Tossed in a Lime, Maple & Ginger Dressing a.k.a. That-Sweet-Savoury-Citrusy-Party-In-My-Mouth-Sitch.
THINK: REALLY freaking chopped kale. Sliced fresh strawberries. Fresh chopped Mock crab. Unsweetened organic dried cranberries. Smooth, creamy & rich ricotta cheese. REALLY chopped fresh basil & cilantro & ALL THIS BEAUTIFULNESS tossed in the sweetest-most-savoury-citrusy HOMEMADE (duh!!!) dressing OF LIFE. I’m talking Lime. Maple. & Ginger. WHAT!?! Guys, the natural sweetness of the sliced strawberries & cranberries & the pure organic maple syrup combined with the savoury ginger & the citrusy fresh lime juice IS SIMPLY PUT, SOMETHING ELSE. PARTY. IN. MY. MOUTH. SITCH.
Before I get into the nitty-gritty of this babe, you can rest assured that she did NOT stay this pretty for very long… I mixed the EFF out of her & DEVOURED HER & before I knew it, she was gone. I swear, I looked for her, but then I realized… YUMMY IN MY TUMMY.
OKAY, but why am I blabbing SO MUCH about this salad? (It’s just a simple salad, right?). LET ME EXPLAIN. Although she is QUITE simple, she’s also:
- SHE PACKS 24 GRAMS OF PROTEIN & 18 GRAMS OF FIBRE. Are you dreaming? I swear. This is not a dream. This is reality. This is the reality created by Kelly in the Kitch. Admit it, she’s f-awesome!!!!!
- She sure as EFF satisfies them #eatyogreens requirements.
- She requires JUST a few ingredients, all of which are DELISH, SUPER CLEAN, HEALTHY & PACKED WITH TONS OF GOOD-FOR-YOU VITAMINS & NUTRIENTS.
- KALE IS FIBRE. Literally. She is the perfect cure for DIGESTION & DETOXING. She’s also packed with iron, Vitamin K, antioxidants, Vitamins A & C and calcium. OH & she’s also a great anti-inflammatory food (because she’s loaded with omega-3 fatty acids). WOAH! Betcha didn’t think a green veggie could contain all this goodness? RIGHT?
- Besides all her nutritional benefits, this salad is BEYOND delish. The combination of the crunchy kale with the crisp & sweet strawberries and the sweet & citrusy vinaigrette TAKES YOU TO ANOTHER PLACE, literally (Not sure where, but yeah, you catch my drift, right?).
- OH, & convenience-wise, she is SUPER quick, simple & easy to put together, so she makes for the perfect quick lunch or dins when you’re in a hurry or when you simply don’t want to spend your day in the kitch (Don’t know about you but I FREAKING LOVE SPENDING MY DAYS IN THE KITCH.
MY LOVES, I’ve kept you waiting long enough! So, without further ado, here is the breakdown of what you will need to whip up this beautiful babe of a salad! (P.S. Just warning you – there is A LOT OF CHOPPING, SLICING & CUBING involved in this baby!!! So, don’t pick her on a LAZY DAY!).
FOR THE SALAD:
- 2 cups of kale, REALLY CHOPPED;
- ½ cup of fresh basil, CHOPPED;
- ½ cup of fresh cilantro, CHOPPED;
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries, THINLY SLICED;
- 100g of organic ricotta cheese;
- 200g of organic mock crab, CUBED;
- ½ cup of organic dried cranberries or raisins;
FOR THE LIME, MAPLE & GINGER VINAIGRETTE:
- ¼ cup of fresh lime juice;
- 2 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup;
- 1 tbsp. of organic white wine vinegar (I use Spectrum Organics);
- 1 tbsp. of organic white balsamic vinegar (I use Bioitalia Organics);
- 1 tbsp. of soy sauce;
- 1 cup of organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- 1 tsp. of organic Dijon mustard;
- A splash of organic apple cider vinegar;
- ½ cup of fresh ginger, PEELED & SLICED;
- ½ cup of shallots, MINCED;
- ½ tsp. of garlic powder;
- ½ tsp. of ground ginger;
- ¼tsp. of smoked paprika;
- ½ tsp. of organic Himalayan pink sea salt;
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper.
NOW, how do you combine all this beautifulness to create this ridiculously-beautiful-I-cannot-wait-to-eat-I-mean-devour-you babe of a salad? Here goes lovies!
- In a LARGE bowl (Make sure your bowl is actually LARGE. You will need room to mix lovies!), combine all your veggies & herbs, crab, cranberries/raisins & ricotta with the REALLY, REALLY CHOPPED KALE;
- Add all the (BEAUTIFUL) dressing ingredients to your blender & PULSE to combine the EFF out of them;
- POUR THE BEAUTIFUL DRESSING OVER THE SALAD ET VOILÁ! DEVOUR.
OH & FOOD PORN (OBVS):
OH & JUST ME & MY KALE!!!!!!!:
Enjoy lovies!!! <3 xoxo!!