Clean-Eating Healthy-ISH Caesar Salad Dressing a.k.a. Half-The-Cals-But-Still-Creamy-AF-&-On-A-Caesar-Cloud-You?
Hi lovies!! <3 <3
Rise & shine! Following a few requests from you, MY BEAUTIFUL FOLLOWERS, I present you with my Clean-Eating Healthy-ISH Caesar Salad Dressing a.k.a. Half-The-Cals-But-Still-Creamy-AF-&-On-A-Caesar-Cloud-You?
Basically, I lightened up traditional Caesar salad dressing by replacing some of the olive oil & mayo with Greek yogurt (BUT, still kept some of it… I mean, it ain’t a Caesar without these babes, PLUS, WE ARE ALLOWED TO INDULGE A BIT SOMETIMES!). Threw in some Dijon, red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, fresh garlic, lemon juice & freshly ground pepper & BOOM.
She’s delish, my loves. I swear. She may not be AS CREAMY (She’s still CREAMY & SMOOTH AF) as traditional Caesar dressing, but… you did ask for healthy & I GAVE YOU HEALTHY-ISH, right? No, but seriously, you won’t even feel the difference! Trust me. Or, just whip her up for yourselves & you’ll see (But, I really thought you trusted me #weh).
OH, & she takes… like not even 5 minutes to make & NO BLENDER!!!! #winning.
OKAY, what’s in this baby? LET ME EXPLAIN.
- 1/3 cup of Greek yogurt;
- 2 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice (YAY! CITRUSSSSS!);
- 1 tbsp. of extra-virgin organic olive oil (I use Maison Orphée);
- 2 tsp. of organic red wine vinegar (I use Spectrum);
- 2 tsp. of organic gluten-free Worcestershire sauce (I use Edwards & Sons Wizard’s GF Worcestershire);
- 2 heaping tbsp. of reduced-fat mayo or Vegan mayonnaise (I use Vegenaise!). My loves, you SIMPLY CANNOT SKIP THE MAYO IN CAESAR DRESSING, but rest assured that this amount is WAY LESS than you would find in traditional Caesar dressings, not to mention, I’m letting you use the reduced-fat version!! LOVE ME?
- 1 tsp. of Dijon mustard;
- 1/2 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- 1 garlic clove, MINCED.
HOW CLEAN THOUGH? ADMIT. I try. I try.
Okay, my loves, now… THE PROCESS TO MAKE THIS BABY DOES NOT EVEN REQUIRE STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE. Wanna know why? ALL you gotta do is combine all these beautiful savoury ingredients in a bowl & STIR VERY VERY VERY VERY WELL with a whisk (If I spared you the blender, it does not mean I spared you the arm workout, so get whisking!!!). ET VOILÁ!
Now, pour this baby over that scrumptiously-fresh-&-crunchy romaine, them crispy-garlicky croutons & that cheesy-AF PARM (& if you swing the FANCY way, them anchoviessssss). NOMZZZZZZ!
OH, right, FOOD PORN!:
ENJOY MES AMOURS! <3