Hi lovies!!! <3 <3 <3
I teased you this morning with my Vanilla-Almond Chia Breakfast Pudding & totz made you wait all day for the recipe. SO SORRY! Seriously. I genuinely am. BUT, NOW I’M HERE, TYPING AWAY FRANCTICALLY SO THAT ALL YOU BABIES CAN ENJOY HER TOO.
Ladies & gents, I present you with my Vanilla-Almond Chia Pudding Topped With Tons of Wonderfulness a.k.a. Chia-Seeds-Are-Everything-&-When-Combined-With-Vanilla-WOAH! WHY WOAH? LET ME EXPLAIN!
My loves, I’m sure you have all heard about the “Chia Seed Craze” & let me tell ya, it ain’t a craze for NOTHING! These little babies (that will legit make a HUGE mess on your counter, roll around EVERYWHERE & drive you NUTS) are an amazing source of a zilllllion essential vitamins & nutrients (which, I am getting to in just a bit!!). BUT, FOR NOW, basically, all you gotta know is that this babe, oops, I mean, this recipe, takes chia pudding to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL & ALL ITS AMAZINGLY GORGEOUS BEAUTIFUL NOURSIHMENT MAKES ME SO EXCITED! ANYWHO, why is this babe so amazing?
- Each serving of this baby contains 264mg of POTASSIUM, only 11g of CARBS, a WHOLE 4g of FIBRE & 3g of PROTEIN!!! What?!?
- She’s MAGICALLY DELISH!
- She is LOADED WITH CHIA SEEDS (DUH! It’s chia pudding…). We’ll talk about these babies SOON!
- She is ÜBER FILLING!
- She is super QUICK, EASY & SIMPLE TO WHIP UP (& while you cannot eat her right away, she makes for an excellent breaky-prep idea!).
OKAY, YOU GUYS ARE PROBS. GONNA KILL ME. It’s time for NUTRITION-101 WITH KELLY IN THE KITCH & today, we’re talking about… NONE OTHER THAN CHIA SEEDS! Let’s recap their main benefits & then I promise I’m getting to the recipe for this baby, ok?
- Amazing source of antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids (which help to raise HDL cholesterol, a.k.a. the GOOD cholesterol that protects against heart attack & stroke!), calcium, potassium, iron & fibre! A 1-oz. (28g) serving of these munchkins will provide you with:
- 11g of fibre;
- 4g of protein;
- 18% of the RDA of calcium;
- & WAIT FOR IT…only 12g of carbs… AND, 11 OF THOSE GRAMS ARE FIBER, which is not digested by the body & therefore does not raise your blood sugar, does not require insulin to be disposed of & therefore, DOES NOT COUNT AS A CARB!!! The true carb content of chia seeds is actually only one gram… WHAT?
- OH &, did you know that chia seeds contain MORE omega-3s than salmon, gram for gram?!
- They absorb 10 times their weight in water, which makes them an excellent hydration source and increases fullness & slow absorption of food!
- The babes are a “whole grain” food, are grown organically, are non-GMO & are NATURALLY GLUTEN-FREE!!!!
OK, Chia seeds = Dream come true, no? Yeah, thought so! Since I just made all your dreams come true with these munchkins, it’s only fair that I get to the nitty-gritty now. I know, I’m a chatterbox. What can I say? Here goes!
MY LOVES, you will need:
- 2 cups of organic unsweetened almond milk (I use Earth’s Own);
- ½ cup of CHIA SEEDS;
- ½ tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract (I use Simply Organic);
- 1-2 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup (you can totz. sub the maple syrup for some organic raw honey, if you prefer, but once again MAPLE SYRUP > HONEY. PLEASE tell me you agree with me!!!);
- Blueberries & goji berries for topping! (Feel free to sub the blueberries for raspberries, strawberries or blackberries & the goji berries with any other type of dried fruit, such as raisins, figs, cranberries! AHHHH POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!)
- ¼ cup of sliced almonds for topping! (If you guys want to switch it up a bit, a.k.a. when this baby becomes your go-to morning breaky & you get sick of them almonds, you can totz. sub them for some pecans, walnuts or cashews!)
- ½ tsp. of cinnamon OR ½ tsp. of organic cacao powder (OR BOTH!!)
OKAY, now to prepare this baby (which, by the way, will need some SOAKING TIME, so keep this in mind!!!)
- Combine the almond milk, chia seeds, vanilla & maple syrup/honey in a bowl! MIX WELL until combined & the mixture begins to thicken. STORE THE BABY COVERED IN THE FRIDGE FOR 1-8 HOURS. I ALWAYS keep mine in the fridge for 6-8 hours & she comes out absolutely perfect, thick & creamy! If you want me to be completely honest with you, it’s best if you leave her there for that long (If time permits! OH & if you can resist her!).
- Before serving her, stir well & add a splash of almond milk to the pudding (If you find it became too thick!). Top her with the fresh/dried fruit & nuts of your choosing & drizzle with some cinnamon, cacao powder OR BOTH! (The best choice is to use both OBVS!).
P.S. This recipe should give you enough for TWO LARGE (a.k.a. TWO KELLY) SERVINGS, but you can totz double the recipe & keep her in the fridge so that breaky is ready for a few days! She will keep well for up to five days, so get crackin’!!!!
OK, NOW, TAKE HER OUT ‘DA FRIDGE & DEVOUR!!!!! Oh, but before you make her & devour, TAKE A LOOK AT THIS BEAUTIFUL FOOD PORN. I CANNOT. This stuff should be illegal, man!
Enjoy mes amours! Xoxo <3 <3 <3