My loves! ❤ ❤ ❤
I LEGIT cannot contain my excitement! Do you see the BEAUTY that I put together for dinner?!? I’m freaking the EFF out.
THINK: Juicy, savoury & richly-flavoured Portobello mushroom caps stuffed with a sautéed mixture of grilled chicken breast, celery, onion, garlic, bell pepper & LOADS OF SPICES (which we will discuss shortly, depending on how much of a chatterbox I decide to be tonight!!!!). Ladies & gents, I present you with my Sautéed Spiced-Up Veggies & Grilled Chicken Stuffed Roasted Portobello Mushrooms Topped with Garlic & Herb Goat Cheese a.k.a. Guilt-Free-Stuffing-For-Days-Oh-&-Goat-Cheese-Makes-Everything-Better (YET again, LONG NAME. AMAZING RESULTS).
These babies are so easy to make & really… they look too FREAKING good to resist. Am I wrong? Didn’t think so!!!
OHHHHHH, & How could I forget? The “man of the hour“… well, rather, the ingredient of the hour… THE. GOAT. CHEESE. Ahhhhh!! Topped the veggie mixture with goat cheese then roasted the EFF out of these babes in ‘da oven & BAMMMMM!
OH, last thing, all this beautifulness lies on a perfectly boiled & sautéed bed of crunchy garlic rapini… Seriously, I’ve reached the point of no return. I’m no longer breathing. Somebody help!
P.S. Would you believe me if I told you this plate packs an entire 23 GRAMS OF PROTEIN?!? WELL, IF YOU DON’T, TOO BAD. IT’S REALITY & it’s the sh*t!
OKAY, before we get into the nitty-gritty deets of this baby & how to put her together, I just want to pause for like A SECOND, I SWEAR! NUTRITION-101 WITH KELLY IN THE KITCH. Today, we talk about RAPINI! What’s so good about it, you ask? LET ME EXPLAIN.
- SHE IS GREEN.
- Ok, no but seriously, she is an awesome source of TONS & I MEAN TONS of essential nutrients!!!! I’m talking, Vitamins A, B, C, K (Basically, the entire alphabet), calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc & EVEN… OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS.
- Vitamin K helps keep your bones strong!
- Vitamin C helps lower the risk of heart disease & is a strong anti-inflammatory nutrient!
- Not only does she contain all these nutrients & vitamins, but she also contains POWERFUL CANCER-FIGHTING phytochemicals.
- She also contains TONS OF SULFUR, which assists in the detoxification of the liver… Does this mean rapini is hangover food? GUESS SO. Load up, babies! Oh & admit I just made your night (Now you can replace that 5:00 AM post-partying McDonald’s run with rapini… BUT LET’S BE HONEST, YOU DEFS WON’T!).
- One cup of rapini contains a whopping 2 GRAMS OF SOLUBLE FIBRE. (For those who are unfamiliar, soluble fibre is the fibre, which slows transit & digestion time in the GI tract. It dissolves in water to form a gel-like material that actually lowers blood cholesterol & glucose levels! YOU REALLY DO LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY, EH?
OKAY, I’m done. Now, let’s get into the nitty-gritty. Let me tell you what you munchkins need to make these babes. ARE YOU READY? Yes? Okay, good.
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms;
- 2 tbsp. of soy sauce (LOW-SODIUM, if possible!);
- 1 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil (I use Maison Orphée);
- ¼ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- 2 tbsp. of organic coconut oil (I use Nutiva, DUH!!!);
- 2 cloves of garlic, MINCED;
- 1 small sweet white onion, CHOPPED;
- 1 small red bell pepper, CHOPPED;
- 1 stalk of celery, SLICED IN HALF & THEN CHOPPED FINELY (Do you want to kill me yet? Love you!);
- 100g of my Best Ever Grilled Chicken Breast, CHOPPED;
- 2 tbsp. of fresh cilantro, CHOPPED;
- ¼ tsp. of smoked paprika;
- ¼ tsp. of garlic powder;
- ¼ tsp. of chipotle chilli powder;
- ¼ tsp. of turmeric;
- ½ tsp. of dried parsley flakes;
- ½ tsp. of organic Himalayan pink sea salt;
- I USE SIMPLY ORGANIC!
- 75g of organic goat cheese (You can totz substitute the goat cheese for ricotta or shredded mozzarella if you prefer!);
- 2 tbsp. of PARM/ROMANO or nutritional yeast (I used Bob’s Red Mill Nutritional Yeast);
- 140g of rapini;
- 1 tsp. of organic coconut oil;
- 2 cloves of garlic, MINCED (Yes, MORE GARLIC!);
OKAY, that’s all lovies! Pretty easy, no? I figured that these are all things that you guys MOST probably have in your pantries/fridges. I mean, you guys did all whip up a fresh batch of my Best Ever Grilled Chicken Breast this week, right? DO NOT LIE TO ME.
Now, the moment where all this minced, chopped & sliced beautifulness is combined to form these little babes!!! READY? HERE GOES:
- Preheat your oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper & some non-stick coconut oil/olive-oil spray! Pop the stems out of the mushrooms & place them on your greased baking sheet! KAY, BUT, HOW CUTE ARE THEY?
- SEASON the mushroom caps with the soy sauce & the olive oil & sprinkle them with some freshly ground black pepper! Set aside.
- CHOP/SLICE/MINCE all your veggies & your chicken.
- Heat a skillet over MEDIUM HEAT & add the 2 tbsp. of coconut oil! Add your veggie & chicken breast mixture to the skillet. Season the babes with all them spices. I’m talking, the smoked paprika, garlic powder, chilli powder, turmeric, dried parsley flakes, sea salt & freshly ground black pepper (LIKE, was it really necessary for me to list them all for you!?! I’m TOO NICE). Sauté this wonderfulness for about 4-5 minutes, until the veggies are browned & cooked through (YOU BE THE JUDGE!).
- Spoon your veggie & chicken breast filling into each mushroom cap &… BEST. PART. EVER. Top the stuffing with THE GOAT CHEESE!!!!! Sprinkle your PARM/ROMANO/NUTRITIONAL YEAST (or all of the above) on top of the goat cheese & sprinkle some ‘mo spices (If you cannot get enough, like moi!) & BAKE THE BABES FOR 15 MINUTES!!!
- While this beautifulness is baking in ‘da oven (& you are dying at the mere thought of devouring these babes… not to mention, your kitch smells like HEAVEN ON EARTH), bring a small pot of water to a boil (Do not forget to salt your water, lovies!).
- Add the rapini to the boiling water, REDUCE HEAT TO MEDIUM & boil for 3 minutes.
- Once the rapini is boiled, heat 1 tsp. of coconut oil in a small skillet. Once heated, add the 2 remaining cloves of garlic & sauté until FRAGRANT (You all know what that means at this point, right? BASICALLY, UNTIL YOUR KITCH SMELLS LIKE HEAVEN, IF IT DOESN’T ALREADY THANKS TO THE BABE THAT’S IN YOUR OVEN!).
- Add the rapini to the skillet & sauté over MEDIUM HEAT for 2-3 minutes et voilà!
- NOW, plate the babes!!! Top the garlic rapini with two stuffed Portobello mushroom caps & DEVOURRRRRRRRR (Does the mushroom monster exist? ‘Cause if she does, I’m SO HER. Please let me know).
OH right, FOOD PORN!!!!:
Enjoy lovies!!! <3 <3 <3 xoxo