Good morning lovies!!! <3
5:27am on Thursday morning & wondering who’s awake. Oh right, NOBODY!!!! So, I figured, what better way to have this post ready for when all you munchkins wake up? I mean… who doesn’t like to wake up to COCONUT COOOOOOKIES!!!! LADIES & GENTS, I present you with my Clean-Eating 4-Ingredient Scrumptious Coconut Cookies a.k.a. I’m-In-Love-With-‘Da-Coco–&-I-Am-THE-Cookie-Monster.
THESE MUNCHKINS WERE THE SITCH IN MY KITCH LAST NIGHT AT 10:30 PM. Not only are they the BEST. THING. EVER. because they are COCONUT COOKIES, but but but!!!! THEY ARE… WAIT FOR IT…
- SUGAR-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE & VEGAN!!!
- Made with only FOUR ingredients!!!
- DELISH AF!!!
- SIMPLE, EASY & QUICK TO MAKE!
- Loaded with protein & fibre – A.K.A. THE PERF SNACK!
GUYS, basically, thanks to these babies, I:
- FELL IN LOVE WITH ‘DA COCO (As if I wasn’t IN LOVE ENOUGH AS IT WAS);
- IT’S SAFE TO SAY I AM “THE” COOKIE MONSTER.
Bake these babies & you will most probably come to the two above realizations about yourselves as well. But hey, YOU CANNOT KNOW BEFORE YOU TRY. SO WHAT THE EFF ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Oh right, it would help if I told you how to make them. BUT, WAIT. MY RANT IS STILL NOT OVER (WHEN IS IT EVER?).
AND NOW, THAT MOMENT YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR. NUTRITION-1O1 WITH KELLY IN THE KITCH (Let’s be honest, a lot of you were totz not waiting for this moment, but I want to tell you all about what I learned about SHREDDED COCONUT, so please, bare with me, kay?).
- A 1-cup serving of shredded coconut contains 3 grams of protein & 4.2 grams of fibre!;
- Coconut is also a GREAT SOURCE OF IRON & ZINC, both of which are necessary for oxygen flow & immune system strength, support & overall health;
- NOW, I won’t sit here & lie to you… shredded coconut does contain some fats, so it should be eaten in moderation (OBVS), but, for example, a 25 gram cookie (TOTZ AN AWESOME SIZE, a.k.a. not a small-I-got-ripped-off cookie) like this one rings in at ONLY 3 grams of fat (SO, if you ask me, it’s totally worth it BECAUSE IT’S FREAKING DELISH & plus, we all deserve little treats sometimes. Remember my loves, IT’S ALL ABOUT THE NOURISHMENT. SO, DARE I SAY, TREAT ‘YOSELF!!!!!
OKAY, let’s get right to it. Without further ado, my loves, you will need:
- 1 cup of unsweetened organic shredded coconut (I use Cuisine Camino brand). Guys… I am legit obsessed with anything coconut. I’m so obsessed that I have developed this insane ability to smell it from like a mile away… I’M NOT OKAY. I’M IN LOVE WITH DA COCO.
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp. of gluten-free rolled oats/old-fashioned oats (I use Only Oats). BTW, the oats totz don’t have to be gluten-free if that’s not a concern for you!
- 2 medium ripe bananas;
- 1/2 tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract (I use Simply Organic, DUH!).
YEP. I told you these required only FOUR ingredients & I was not kidding. I could not have made your lives simpler (I mean, I could’ve… by subtracting the vanilla extract, but like, WHO THE EFF DEOSN’T USE VANILLA?!?!… I’M SORRY, I JUST COULD NOT TAKE HER OUT, plus, what’s one more ingredient gonna do to your lazy selves? KIDDING, love y’all!)
Okay, so you’re probably wondering, how on earth do these four little measly ingredients become COCONUT COOKIES THAT ARE SO FREAKING DELISH THEY WILL BLOW YOUR MIND? HOW-TO?
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Add the shredded coconut & the oats to a metal mixing bowl & stir to combine. SUCH A PRETTY SIGHT. DON’T BELIEVE ME? LOOK!!!
- Mash the bananas & add them to the coconut & oat mixture.
- Add in your vanilla extract (LIFE <3 <3 <3).
- Line an oven tray with parchment paper & form your cookies on the tray. MAKE SURE YOU FLATTEN THEM A BIT!
- BAKE THE BABIES FOR 20 MINUTES. But, WATCH OVER THEM, ESPECIALLY towards the end of baking time. GUYS, THESE BABES ARE MADE WITH COCONUT. THEY DESERVE ALL THE TENDER LOVE & CARE IN THE FREAKING WORLD, so I do not want to hear that you neglected them. Got me?
- Let the babes cool on a cooling rack before DEVOURING LIKE DA COOKIE MONSTER. Kidding. You totz don’t have to let them cool. I’d be a hypocrite & a huge B if I asked you to resist temptation this way. I didn’t, so why should you HAVE TO SUFFER? BASICALLY, THAT MEANS, DEVOUR AS SOON AS THEY GET FRESH OUT ‘DA OVEN. You have Kelly in the Kitch’s permission (for whatevz. it’s worth. IT BETTER BE WORTH EVERYHTING. BYE!).
OH & FOOD PORN (Duh!!!!):
ENJOY LOVE BUGS! <3 <3 <3 <3