Gluten-Free Fettucine with Fresh Organic Sweet Corn, Sautéed Cherry Tomatoes & Red Bell Pepper in a Roasted Garlic & Chive Ricotta & Maple Sauce
Good morning mes amours! <3
OKAY lovies, it’s THAT time. What time, you ask? That can-we-all-take-a-moment-of-silence-to-admire-Kelly’s-dinner time?!?! SERIOUSLY THOUGH, if I have the ability to shut up for a minute, so can you #chatterbox #noshame. Ladies & gents, last night’s din was SORTA inspired by my Clean-Eating Gluten-Free (DUH!) Fettucine Tossed with Roasted Eggplant & Sautéed Mushrooms & Sweet White Onion in a Goat Cheese, Garlic & Homemade Clean-Eating Tzatziki Sauce. Basically (YES, I’m SO basic), I couldn’t get enough of her so I had to have her again (So much for one night stands, right?).
Ladies & gents, this is my Gluten-Free Fettucine with Fresh Organic Sweet Corn, Sautéed Cherry Tomatoes & Red Bell Pepper in a Roasted Garlic & Chive Ricotta & Maple Sauce. GUYS, GUYS. Please, I cannot. I finished her & needed more RIGHT AWAY. Then, I realized I did not make enough for leftovers & was über sad. SO, DON’T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS ME!!!
Anyways lovies, this babe is:
- Cheesy & creamy AF;
- LOADED with nutrient-packed veggies;
- Sweet & savoury with a hint of citrus;
- Packs a WHOPPING 19 GRAMS OF PROTEIN & wait for it… 20 GRAMS OF FIBRE. I’m tripping. Like, I’m not going to get into the benefits of fibre, ‘cause TMI (abbreviation for Too Much Info, for those of you unfamiliar with the term), BUT WOAH!
Before we attack the nitty-gritty of this BABE, THINK: Sautéed garlic, red bell pepper, green onion, fresh parsley & cilantro & organic sweet corn combined with perfectly-boiled (YES, AL DENTÉ FOR THE BILLIONTH TIME) fettuccine noodles tossed in a beautifully-perfectly-incredibly rich, smooth, thick & creamy garlic, chive & maple & ricotta (ERGO, sweet & savoury!!!!) sauce seasoned with LOADS of garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika & oregano. OK, WOAH, that was a hell of a description!!
GUYS, I WAS LEGIT IN HEAVEN WHILE DEVOURING THIS BABE. & When I make her again, I cannot wait for you guys to join me!!! I am also well aware that if I want you to come & join me (AND I DO), I need to tell you what you need & how to make this baby, SO LET’S GET RIGHT TO IT:
My loves, you will need:
- Pasta of your choice (I used Gluten-Free Fettuccine noodles);
- 1 tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil (I use Maison Orphée organic EVOO);
- 2 cloves of garlic, MINCED;
- 4 green onions, CHOPPED FINELY;
- 450g of cherry tomatoes, HALVED;
- 200g of red/orange/yellow bell pepper, SLICED;
- 3 tbsp. of fresh parsley, ROUGHLY CHOPPED;
- 3 tbsp. of fresh cilantro, ROUGHLY CHOPPED;
- 8 oz. of organic sweet corn (Fresh or frozen will work!);
- 200g of organic Ricotta cheese;
- 3 cloves of garlic, MINCED;
- 4 tbsp. of red wine vinegar (I use Spectrum Organics);
- 4 tbsp. of Parm/Romano or nutritional yeast (I use Bob’s Red Mill Nutritional Yeast & it’s thebomb.com);
- 2 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- 2 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice;
- 4 tbsp. of organic unsweetened almond milk (OR any other plant-based milk OR regular full-fat or 2% milk);
- 2 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup;
- 2 tbsp. of pure organic apple cider vinegar (I use either Bragg’s or Eden Organic. LOVE THIS STUFF!!!);
- 2 tbsp. of fresh chives, CHOPPED FINELY;
- 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder;
- ½ tsp. of onion powder;
- ½ tsp. of smoked paprika;
- ¼ tsp. of dried parsley flakes;
- ¼ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- ½ tsp. of organic Himalayan pink sea salt;
- More Parm/Romano or nutritional yeast for topping (SPRINKLE DAT STUFFFFFF – Don’t be scared!!!);
- OPTIONAL: ¼ tsp. of dried chilli flakes (IF YOU WANT TO ADD SOME SPICE!).
PAUSE RECIPE (#SORRYNOTSORRY). NUTRITION 101 WITH KELLY IN THE KITCH, waddup?
- RICOTTA IS THE SH*T. I actually had no idea but this cheese is PACKED with tons of essential vitamins & minerals. WHICH ONES, you ask? One serving of ricotta will actually provide you with:
- 39% of the recommended daily value of PHOSPHORUS (Necessary to help filter out waste in the kidneys & plays an essential role in how the bod stores & uses energy!);
- 28% of the daily recommended value of RIBOFLAVIN (Necessary to help the bod convert food & particularly, carbs, into furl (glucose), which is used to GIVE YOU ENERGY. This nutrient also helps the body METABOLIZE FATS & PROTEIN! Please & thank you!);
- 22% of VITAMIN A (Necessary for normal vision, the immune system, reproduction & also helps the heart, lungs, kidneys & other organs work properly. SOUNDS PRETTY DARN ESSENTIAL TO ME, YOU?);
- 19% of ZINC (Necessary for the bod’s immune system to properly work & essential for the breakdown of carbs!);
- 14% of VITAMIN B-12 (For those of you who, like me, do not eat red meat, which is the PRIMARY source of Vitamin B-12, ricotta can serve as a great substitute!).
I HAVE A LOT MORE TO SAY, obvs. But, for now, I’ll leave you with the nutritional punch of ricotta. NOW YOU CAN PONDER & DREAM ABOUT THE CREAMINESS OF THIS BABY & HOW BADLY YOU JUST WANT TO LOAD HER ON LIKE… every dish you make? SAME, SAME!
OKAY, now, how do you whip all this beautifulness into the artwork that is this PASTA DISH? (I mean… I don’t mean to call myself an artist or to compliment myself or anything, BUT DO YOU SEE THIS BABE?). LET ME EXPLAIN.
- Boil your noodles according to the package directions (ONCE AGAIN, there is no other way to eat pasta than al denté. Once you go al denté, you will never go back. Once boiled, set aside!
- In a small skillet, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil over MEDIUM HEAT. Add 2 cloves of garlic & sauté until your kitch smells like GARLIC HEAVEN & you want to devour the skillet (But you know you’ll burn your tongue if you do, so you refrain from doing so!), a.k.a. until the garlic & fragrant & browned (This usually takes about 4-5 minutes!).
- Once browned, add the green onions cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, parsley & cilantro & cook and stir until tender. Sprinkle the beautiful veggie mixture with spices of your choosing (I used organic sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, onion & garlic powder, a drizzle of smoked paprika & dried oregano). Remove the veggie mixture from the heat & set aside. OHHHH THE SPICES!;
- NOW IT’S TIME TO WHIP UP THAT RICOTTA SAUCE. Dead, you? (P.S. Currently obsessed with ricotta… like, IS THERE ANYTHING CREAMIER IN LIFE? Please, enlighten me if so. I’d love to try that too #misspiggy). Add the ricotta, 3 cloves of garlic, red wine vinegar, Parm/Romano or nutritional yeast, olive oil, lemon juice, almond milk (or other plant-based milk/whole or 2% milk), maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, chopped fresh chives, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, parsley flakes, black pepper & organic sea salt to a metal mixing bowl & WHISK THE EFF OUT OF THIS BEAUTY UNTIL FULLY COMBINED & SMOOTH AF.
- Now, for the moment when my beautiful recipe comes together (AND you essentially DIE & GO TO HEAVEN)… Combine your AL DENTÉ (It sure as hell better be!!!!) pasta with your veggie mixture & organic sweet corn & TOSS ALL THIS WONDERFULNESS in the smooth-creamy-rich-I-want-you-forever-&-ever Ricotta Garlic & Chive sauce et VOILÁ!!!!
- Sprinkle your pasta with SOME ‘MO DRIED PARSLEY FLAKES, SOME EXTRA PARM/ROMANO OR NUTRITIONAL YEAST (or all of the above – NOT JUDGING YOU!) & some chilli flakes to add some spice (If you’re into that spicy food stuff, obvs!).
- DEVOUR THE EFF OUT OF THIS BABY. Do not feel ashamed if it takes you no less than ten minutes. I would never judge you. I was in the same situation & I ain’t no hypocrite! NOM NOM NOM!
OH RIGHT, FOOD PORN!!!!!
Enjoy my loves!!! <3 <3 <3