Clean-Eating Gluten-Free (DUH!) Fettucine Tossed with Roasted Eggplant & Sautéed Mushrooms & Sweet White Onion in a Goat Cheese, Garlic & Homemade Clean-Eating Tzatziki Sauce a.k.a. Taking-You- To-The-Mediterranean-&-We-Ain’t-Never-Coming-Home
Hi lovies! <3 <3
Hope all your tummies are full post-dins (& I hope even more that they’re full thanks to moi. BUT, don’t worry, if you didn’t make one of my recipes tonight, I forgive you & I still love ya!
OKAY, so, tonight I needed to whip up a quick & easy dinner because, guess who spent the afternoon grocery shopping?!? ME, ME! (A girls’ gotta do what a girl’s gotta do, right?). I thought to myself, what’s quicker than A BEAUTIFUL BOWL OF PASTA? But, I totz wasn’t in the mood for the generic tomato sauce stuff… so being KELLY IN THE KITCH, I came up with something a little more creative & the result is THIS BABE RIGHT HERE THAT YOU ARE CURRENTLY DROOLING OVER (No, you cannot have her number. She’s ALL mine!). BUT, I can totz tell you how to clone her. Catch my drift?
Anywho babes, this is my Clean-Eating Gluten-Free (DUH!) Fettucine Tossed with Roasted Eggplant & Sautéed Mushrooms & Sweet White Onion in a Goat Cheese, Garlic & Homemade Clean-Eating Tzatziki Sauce a.k.a. Taking-You-To-The-Mediterranean-&-We-Ain’t-Never-Coming-Home (Yes, this recipe requires you to make my Homemade Tzatziki! Hope you don’t mind… YOU REALLY SHOULDN’T MIND ONE BIT. IT’S DELISH!).
OKAY, so I wish I could put the deliciousness of this dish into words, but I seriously can’t. I’m usually good with words, but I’m legit speechless. I’ll try my best though.
Basically, this babe is EVERYTHING – She’s creamy AF, yet the sauce is clean, healthy & feels SUPER LIGHT. ERGO, YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE EATING THE CHEESIEST-I-NEED-MY-FAT-PANTS pasta dish, when in reality, you are eating the lightened up (& totz. healthy!) version (& NO, YOU WILL NOT NEED YOUR FAT PANTS).
Just picture the beautifully-al-denté fettuccine noodles, the perfectly-roasted eggplant, a few little cubes of browned onion & a delightfully-sautéed & caramelized mushroom being twisted around your fork with a touch of finely chopped fresh chives, all this beautifulness combined & tossed in the smooth goat cheese, garlic & tzatziki sauce… BEST. BITE. EVER. NO? Well, imagine if you could have more than just that one bite. WHAT IF YOU COULD HAVE AN ENTIRE PLATE-FULL? Well babies, I’m about to make your dreams come true. HERE GOES!
My loves, you will need:
- Pasta of your choice (I used Gluten-Free Fettuccine noodles);
- 1 tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil (I use Maison Orphée organic EVOO);
- 2 cloves of garlic, MINCED;
- 120g of sweet white onion, CHOPPED FINELY;
- 200g of white or Cremini mushrooms, SLICED;
- 320g of roasted eggplant, SLICED (Essentially, one whole eggplant) & seasoned with 1 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil, organic sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, oregano, dried parsley, garlic powder, chilli powder & smoked paprika;
- 200g of organic goat cheese;
- 3 cloves of garlic, MINCED;
- 4 tbsp. of my Homemade Clean-Eating Tzatziki (Recipe already up on the blog!);
- 4 tbsp. of Parm/Romano or nutritional yeast (I use Bob’s Red Mill Nutritional Yeast & it’s thebomb.com);
- 2 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- 2 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice;
- 2 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup;
- 2 tbsp. of pure organic apple cider vinegar (I use either Bragg’s or Eden Organic. LOVE THIS STUFF!!!);
- 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder;
- ½ tsp. of onion powder;
- ¼ tsp. of dried parsley flakes;
- ¼ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- ½ tsp. of organic Himalayan pink sea salt;
- More Parm/Romano or nutritional yeast for topping (SPRINKLE DAT STUFFFFFF – Don’t be scared!!!).
NUTRITION-WISE (Sorry if I’m annoying), I want to feed you guys and fill your tummies, BUT, I also want to nourish you my loves! And most importantly, I want you guys to learn about what you are feeding your bods!
- Each serving of this baby packs 20 grams of PROTEIN & 15 grams of FIBRE…. Woah, talk about a #winning sitch, no?;
- Goat cheese is ACTUALLY REALLY FREAKING GOOD FOR YOU:
- It contains more vitamins & minerals than cow’s cheese. Goat’s milk is richer in essential nutrients, such as Vitamin A, B, riboflavin, calcium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium & potassium. AND GET THIS: Goat milk actually contains less lactose!!!
- Goat cheese is super low in sodium (it contains only 65mg per 1 oz. serving, while a serving of cheddar cheese contains more than double, ringing in at 170 mg);
- Goat cheese is also a great source of protein!
- She’s PACKED with nutrient-filled veggies!! Get your fibre, vitamin K & potassium fix from the eggplant, your Vitamin C (which, by the way, helps improve immunity) from the onions AND your vitamin D, antioxidants & immune system boost from the mushrooms (which are actually the only fruit or vegetable source of this vitamin!!)
OKAY, now how do you whip this baby up?
- Preheat your oven to 350. Add your sliced eggplant to a metal mixing bowl & season with 1 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil, organic sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, oregano, dried parsley, garlic powder, chilli powder & smoked paprika. TOSS ALL THIS BEAUTY TO COMBINE. Bake the babes (Oops, I mean, the slices) for 20-25 minutes, flipping once at halfway-ish mark! (Watch your babes, my loves. YOU DO NOT WANT THEM TO BURN NOW, DO YOU?);
- Boil your noodles according to the package directions (Since I EAT SO MUCH PASTA & ergo, POST SO MANY PASTA RECIPES, we have been over this my loves. But, I WILL REMIND YOU that there is no other way to eat pasta than al denté. Once you go al denté, you will never go back. Take my word for it, please. Try it once. Give al denté a chance. She is beautiful). Once boiled, set aside!
- Always make sure to add a bit of salt to your water before boiling it! Basically, what this does is increase the b oiling point of the water, meaning your water will have a higher temperature when you add the pasta, A.K.A. IT WILL COOK BETTER. That’s all you need to know. NOW, sprinkle dat salt.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over MEDIUM HEAT. Once heated, add 2 cloves of garlic & the white onion & sauté the babes for 4-5 minutes, until lightly browned & fragrant (a.k.a. UNTIL THE KITCH SMELLS LIKE HEAVEN, YET AGAIN. WOAH, TWO TIMES IN ONE DAY. #KILLINGITBABES);
- When both the garlic & onion are lightly browned & the onion looks translucent (a.k.a. TRANSPARENT AF, add the mushrooms & season with the pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt & dried oregano. Sauté until the mushrooms are browned & cooked through. Remove the veggie mixture from heat & set aside;
- While your eggplant slices are still ROASTING (HOLY EFF, TOO EXCITED RN!!!), make the sauce! Add the goat cheese, MY TZATZIKI, the Parm/Romano or nutritional yeast, olive oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley flakes, freshly ground black pepper & Himalayan sea salt to a metal mixing bowl & WHISK UNTIL FULLY COMBINED & SMOOTH. Guys… once the sauce is made, THAT WILL BE IT FOR YOU. THE TEMPTATION & LACK OF RESISTANCE WILL KICK IN & YOU WILL HAVE TO FIGHT IT SO HARD UNTL DINS TIME. If I did it, you can too. Call me if you’re dying. You have me on speed dial, right?;
- Once the eggplant is roasted, let it cool for a few minutes & then chop it into 1-inch cubes;
- Now, MY LOVES, GET EXCITED. IT’S THAT TIME. What time, you ask? It’s the time when you combine your perfectly boiled pasta with your sautéed onion & mushrooms & roasted eggplant and then toss ALL THAT BEAUTIFULNESS in the smooth & creamy sauce & BAM!!!!! Sprinkle your pasta with SOME ‘MO DRIED PARSLEY FLAKES & SOME EXTRA PARM/ROMANO OR NUTRITIONAL YEAST;
- DEVOURRRR THE EFFFF OUT OF THIS BABY!!!!! (And do so, completely guilt-free!!!). Guys, admit it, she took you to PASTA HEAVEN… & you don’t wanna come home. LIKE EVER.
OH & FOOD PORN, OBVS!!!!!
BON APPÉTIT, LES AMOURS! xoxo <3 <3