Clean-Eating Gluten-Free Banana Raisin Muffins a.k.a. Just-Went-To-Banana-Heaven-Oh-&-Ooey-Gooey-Chewy-Sticky-Warm-Raisins-ZOMFG.
HI LOVIES! <3 <3
So as all you know from my Insta-tease, I gave birth to these babies in my kitch this morning & IT WAS THE EASIEST (& BEST) DELIVERY EVER (Let’s hope I get this lucky when it’s time to give birth to my first child. LAWLZ… but let’s not go there for now!). Ladies & gents, I present you with my Clean-Eating Gluten-Free Banana Raisin Muffins a.k.a. Just-Went-To-Banana-Heaven-Oh-&-Ooey-Gooey-Chewy-Sticky-Warm-Raisins-ZOMFG.
THINK: Ooey-gooey mashed bananas. Cinnamon. Vanilla. Organic Unsweetened Dried Raisins… I AM STOPPING HERE. I’ve given you enough to drool & swoon over. PLUS, one can only be so much of a tease, right? I promise. I’m getting to the ingredients list soon! (No I’m not. Gotta rant first!).
As soon as I tasted one of these babies… wait PAUSE. Well let’s be honest, I didn’t just taste her. I PROCEEDED TO TAKE A SECOND BITE & then, a third… and then, before I knew it, she was gone!!! OOOOPS! She disappeared. I’m not sure where she went. But, I miss her & I want more of her. GOOD THING I HAVE 11 CLONES OF HER LEFT. No but seriously, a TOTAL LOVE AT FIRST BITE SITCH. These babies are EVERYTHING. Let me explain:
- Freaking delish.
- So moist.
- So banana-y (I just that a word, don’t judge me, okay?).
- So clean & so healthy!
- Ooey-gooey & sticky & yummy & chewy & OMFG.
- Each one of these little munchkins contains 2g of protein, 2g of fibre & only 5g of sugar (all of which is ORGANIC & NATURAL);
- THEY ARE MAGICAL AF.
So without further ado, since I want you all to become MAGICIANS in your kitchs’ (Hey, that SORTA rhymes). MY LOVES, the moment you have all been waiting for! You will need the following beautiful ingredients:
- 1 cup of gluten-free all purpose flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill);
- 1 tbsp. of baking powder (also Bob’s, DUH!);
- ½ tsp. of baking soda (ALSO, same as above. Basically, I use Bob’s for essentially ALL my baking needs!);
- 1 cup of mashed bananas (Who else literally melts at the sight of this?!? Someone please be on the same page as moi!);
- ¼ cup of sugar or sugar substitute;
- 1 large egg;
- ½ tsp. of vanilla extract;
- 1/8 cup of unsweetened/sweetened (your choice!) organic applesauce;
- ¼ cup of coconut oil (I use Nutiva, DUH!);
- ¼ cup of organic unsweetened raisins. (I use Prana Organics).
- P.S. If you’re into turning these babes into chocolate chip muffins, you can totz substitute the raisins for dark, semi-sweet, milk chocolate or butterscotch chocolate chips! Cranberries or dried blueberries could also work as a great sub for the raisins!);
HOW-TO? (Guys, I’ve literally made this TOO FREAKING EASY for you! You’ll thank me later. I hope…).
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Grease a muffin pan or line it with paper muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine your flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
- In a separate bowl (SORRY LOVIES, you need two bowls for this one!), combine the mashed banana, sugar, egg & vanilla extract. BLEND UNTIL EVERYTHING IS COMBINED & WELL MIXED. Then, add your applesauce & coconut oil.
- Once your “wet” ingredients are fully combined, add the “dry” ones to the mix. COMBINE THE EFF OUT OF IT.
- Throw in them raisins (or whatever else you decided to put instead! But guys, if you like raisins, I cannot even begin to describe to you how lusciously amazing they taste when baked & then rewarmed… they become all chewy & gooey & ZOMFG. Drooling. BYE).
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups!
- BAKE THE BABES FOR 15-20 MINUTES or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out CLEAN.
- Let the babies cool before devouring. JUST KIDDING. WHO LETS MUFFINS COOL? SERIOUSLY… JUST DEVOUR ONE, or TWO, or THREE, as soon as they come out da oven. That’s when they taste best, right? I know. DO IT. IT’S AN ORDER (& I get feisty when my orders are not respected, okay? YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED).
Oh & in case you were dreaming up ways you can eat these babies, I’m talking, as a side with your breaky, topped with some vanilla Greek yogurt & cinnamon drizzle OR, EVEN BETTER, warmed up & drizzled with some chocolate or caramel syrup. GAH!!! You guys, I can’t. I have WAY TOO MANY ideas. Need to get them all own on paper STATTTT. KAY, I’m done ranting, I swear!
BUT, BEFORE I LEAVE YOU… DRUMROLL PLEASE… FOOD PORN!!!:
ENJOY MY LOVES! <3 <3 <3