Hi beauties & beasts! <3 HAPPY TUESDAY!
Let’s get right to it. My loves, if you & I have something in common, it’s most probably our ABSOLUTE LOVE-&-OBSESSION WITH COOKIE DOUGH. BASICALLY, if it were up to me, I would drop a big slab of cookie dough onto my breaky, lunch & din plate and call it a meal. YOU? If we’re on the same page, then this one is for you lovies & it will make all your cookie dough dreams come true.
Dare I go as far as to say that this cookie dough is actually GOOD-FOR-YOU? SWEAR. Each slice of this baby packs 10 WHOLE GRAMS OF PROTEIN. So, DARE, I SURE AS HELL DO. If you promised yourself that this week would be “the beginning of your diet” or “a healthy clean-eating week”, this cookie dough log falls right in line with that promise!!!! WHERE DO YOU SIGN UP, you ask? RIGHT HURR.
In case I haven’t sold you on this baby yet (But I’m not sure how that could be the case. Unless, you’re like REALLY, REALLY hard to convince), let me tell you about how EASY she is to make! Basically, for the crust, you simply stir the ingredients together & press them into a loaf pan. As for the cookie-dough filling… a.k.a. LIFE… she comes together in about 3 minutes in your trustworthy bestie, THE FOOD PROCESSOR. And then, my loves, all you have to do is press the cookie dough filling in the pan on top of the crust… & THERE YOU HAVE IT. Freeze her. Cut her into (VERY GENEROUS) SLICES & TOP HER SHAMELESSLY WITH ICE CREAM OR GREEK YOGURT & A DRIZZLE OF CHOCOLATE! Oh no! I lost you. I guess you went to Cloud 9. I’ll meet you there soon!
While I’m still here, let me tell you what you lovebugs need to make this baby! HERE GOES!
For the CRUST:
- ½ cup of almond meal (I used Bob’s Red Mill, DUH!);
- 2 tbsp. of organic raw peanut butter (I used New World Brand);
- 2 tbsp. of sugar or sugar substitute;
- ¼ tsp. of almond extract (I used Simply Organic);
- 1 tbsp. of organic unsweetened almond milk (I use Earth’s Own);
For the COOKIE DOUGH:
- ½ cup of organic raw peanut butter (I used New World brand);
- 1 cup of vanilla protein powder (I used Vega Viva Vanilla Plant-Based Protein);
- 6 tbsp. of sugar or sugar substitute;
- ¼ cup of … COCONUT FLOUR (Guys, just the smell of this babe when you open the bag, will YOU. DROOLING. I AM NOT EVEN KIDDING!);
- Organic unsweetened almond milk, as needed;
- ¼ cup of organic chocolate chips;
Admit that you are literally FREAKING THE EFF OUT just at the sight of this ingredients list… I would be too. Well, rather, I actually almost passed out this morning while I was whipping this baby up, but thank goodness, I found me some REAL GOOD AF cookie dough docs & they revived me. #winning. OKAY, RANT OVER.
Now, how do you combine all the wonderful ingredients to create this beautiful log of cookie-dough-dreams? It’s actually quite simple (THANKS TO OUR BELOVED FOOD PROCESSORS, who give us permission, on a daily basis, to be lazy AF).
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the almond meal, peanut butter, sugar/sugar substitute & almond extract & KNEAD TOGETHER WITH YOUR FINGERS (Yes, my loves, we’re getting DOWN & DIRTY HERE!!!) to ensure that the almond meal is as well incorporated into the peanut butter as possible. Add in 1 tbsp. of almond milk!;
- Once combined, press the mixture into the bottom of your loaf pan & set aside! BABIES, THIS IS YOUR CRUST;
- NOW, IN YOUR FOOD PROCESSOR, combine the rest of the peanut butter, protein powder, sugar/sugar substitute & PROCESS UNTIL COMPLETELY COMBINED & CRUMBLY (I don’t know about you guys, but the thought of crumbly cookie dough right now makes me freaking melt, you?);
- Depending on which protein powder you decide to use and given that they vary so much in texture/ability to hold liquid, you may find that you need to add a few more tbsp. of almond milk! If so, add ONE AT A TIME & process thoroughly between each addition & STOP ONCE THERE IS ENOUGH LIQUID. Basically, once all your dry ingredients are incorporated, YOU ARE GOOD TO GO!;
- OKAY, BEST. PART. EVER. ADD IN THE COCONUT FLOUR & PROCESSSSS!!! Again, add in almond milk one tbsp at a time (if you find that you need it based on the consistency & texture of your dough) & STOP ONCE THE DOUGH FORMS A BEAUTIFUL BALL!;
- Add in your chocolate chips (Heavenly, my loves, heavenly) & PULSE TO COMBINE;
- NOW, bring it all together babes, a.k.a. press the dough over the crust in your loaf pan. FREEZE THE BABE, CUT HER INTO SLICES & DEVOUR THE EFF OUT OF HER;
- This time, you don’t need to cry over the fact that you ate the whole batch, BECAUSE… SHE IS COMPLETELY GUILT-FREE! P.S. NO FAT PANTS. #WINNING.
NO, I DIDN’T FORGET THE FOOD PORN, MY LOVES!