After SEVERAL requests (& me frantically typing away to get this babe to you ASAP), I present you with my take on Roasted Turkey Asian Cabbage Slaw with a Sesame, Maple & Ginger Dressing a.k.a. That-I-Can’t-&-Will-Never-Get-Enough-Of-You-Really-Chopped-Salad-With-a-Sweet-&-Savoury-To-Die-For-Vinaigrette.
Guys, I so badly want to be able to describe to you how delicious this babe was, but she has rendered me absolutely speechless. But, since I’m determined AF, I will do my best!
THINK: Really, really chopped green cabbage & crispy spinach, shredded carrots, TONS of cilantro & basil, sliced red onions, oven-roasted turkey breast, scallions, radishes, cucumber & dried cranberries. DEAD YET? HOPE NOT!!! (‘Cause then you’d never get to try her… oh & maybe I’d miss you JUST A TAD!). ANYWHO MY LOVES, that’s not all… think of all that beautifulness tossed in the most delicious sesame dressing EVER. I’m talking sesame oil, ginger, lime juice, fresh garlic, rice vinegar, soy sauce, Sriracha & maple syrup… I CANNOT. I’m in love, guys. And, please, trust me when I say that you will be too! You will be making this DAMN THING at home over & over again my loves, I promise. SIMPLY PUT, YOU WILL WANT THIS. ALL THE FREAKING TIME.
ANYWHO, I don’t want to keep her from you guys much longer. It would be very, very selfish of me, to say the least. So here goes my loves! You will need:
FOR THE SALAD:
(P.S. UHMMM, just letting you munchkins know that there is A HELL OF A LOT OF CHOPPING/SHREDDING/SLICING/DICING involved in the creation of this beautifulness, but I promise you that it is WELL WORTH IT!).
- 1/2 head of green cabbage, SHREDDED;
- 200g of spinach, CHOPPED;
- 160g of radishes, THINLY SLICED;
- 140g of cucumbers, THINLY SLICED;
- 200g of shredded carrot;
- 1 cup of red onion, THINLY SLICED;
- 4 scallions, THINLY SLICED;
- 1 cup of cilantro leaves, ROUGHLY CHOPPED;
- 1 cup of fresh basil, ROUGHLY CHOPPED;
- 200g of oven-roasted turkey breast, DICED (Feel free to sub the turkey for chicken, if you prefer!);
- 1/2 cup of organic unsweetened dried cranberries.
OKAY, but can we all take a moment of silence to discuss how FREAKING CLEAN & HEALTHY ALL THESE INGREDIENTS ARE? (Wait… if we’re taking a moment of silence, how can we discuss this? KAY, you caught my drift). I just want you guys to acknowledge how freaking good-for-you this babe is. OH & did I mention that she packs a whole 17 grams of protein & 13g of fibre PER SERVING?!?!?!?! WHAT?! ARE YOU FREAKING THE EFF OUT? ‘CAUSE I AM!!
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup of peanut or vegetable oil;
- 1/3 cup of rice vinegar (I use the organic natural one by Nakano);
- 1 tbsp. of soy sauce (REDUCED SODIUM, if possible!);
- 1 tsp. of Sriracha;
- 1 tbsp. of toasted sesame oil (I use the organic toasted sesame oil by Maison Orphée);
- 1 tbsp.of fresh lime juice;
- 2 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup (GUYS, the maple syrup LEGIT makes the dressing, so don’t reduce the portion & certainly, DO NOT SKIMP ON IT! Got me?);
- 3 cloves of garlic, MINCED;
- 1/2 tsp. of ground ginger;
- 1/4 tsp. of garlic powder;
- 1/4 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- 1/2 tsp. of organic sea salt.
NOW, how do you combine all this beautifulness to create this babe of a slaw?
- Make the HEAVENLY DRESSING: In a blender, combine ALL the BEAUTIFUL INGREDIENTS & BLEND THE EFF OUT OF THEM UNTIL SMOOTH! (Trust me, you will want to bust out the blender for this to make this baby all SMOOTH & CREAMY!).
- Make this BABE OF A SLAW: Combine all the beautiful ingredients in a HUGE metal mixing bowl & pour the beautiful smooth & creamy dressing ALLLLLL OVER THE PLACE (AHHHH GOING CRAY-CRAY, YOU?). Toss to combine… THEN… WAIT FOR IT… YES, YOU GUESSED RIGHT… DEVOUR!!!!!
OH!! Of course, FOOD PORN:
Enjoy my loves!! <3 xoxo!!