Shaved Brussels Sprouts, Really-Chopped Kale, Sliced Strawberry & Creamy Ricotta Salad with a Lemon Maple & Mustard (Homemade, Duh!) Vinaigrette a.k.a. Salad-Goals-Surpassed-Beyond-Words-Basically-I’m-Speechless-Yet-Again-You?
Hi (YET AGAIN) my loves! <3
You gotta admit I’ve been on point with my recipe posts today, right? Heck, it’s the weekend & I know you guys have more time to cook & bake so I’m giving you LEGIT ALL THE OPTIONS! (See how much I care & love you all?).
Before I get into the nitty-gritty of this babe, you can rest assured that she did NOT stay this pretty for very long… I mixed the EFF out of her & DEVOURED HER & before I knew it, she was gone (I obvs. still made sure to take my “food porn” pics. DUH! I’d never forget. You know that, right?). Oh & she was DELICIOUS, in case you had a slight doubt…
OKAY, but why am I raving SO MUCH about this salad? (It’s just a simple salad, right?). LET ME EXPLAIN:
- SHE PACKS 20 GRAMS OF PROTEIN & 12 GRAMS OF FIBRE. Are you dreaming? I swear. This is not a dream. This is reality. This is the reality created by Kelly in the Kitch. Admit it, she’s f-awesome!!!!!
- Not to mention, she sure as EFF satisfies them #eatyogreens requirements.
- The BrusselS are packed with tons of vitamin C & K & are a great source of numerous nutrients, including folate, vitamin B6, FIBRE (YES!!!!), potassium & omega-3 fatty acids.
- As for the kale, she’s super high in FIBRE (YES!!!!), ergo she’s great for aiding in digestion & detoxifying. She’s also packed with iron, Vitamin K, antioxidants, Vitamins A & C and calcium. OH & she’s also a great anti-inflammatory food (due to her omega-3 fatty acids) & she can also help lower cholesterol levels. How’s that for a green veggie?
- Besides all her nutritional benefits, this salad is BEYOND delish. The combination of the crunchy Brussels & kale with the crisp & naturally sweet strawberries and the maple-y & lemon-y tangy vinaigrette is JUST SOMETIHNG ELSE. It takes you to another place, literally (Not sure where, but yeah, you catch my drift, right?).
- OH, & convenience-wise, she is SUPER quick, simple & easy to put together, so she makes for the perfect quick lunch or dins when you’re in a hurry or when you simply don’t want to spend your day in the kitch (Don’t know about you but I FREAKING LOVE SPENDING MY DAYS IN THE KITCH. Legit, my therapy… well, ONE OF).
MY LOVES, I’ve kept you waiting long enough! So, without further ado, here is the breakdown of what you will need to whip up this beautiful babe of a salad!
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts (Guys, SERIOUS QUESTION HERE, did you know they were called “BrusselSSSSS” sprouts? I have legit been obsessed with these veggies for as long as I can remember… yet, I had ABSOLUTELY no idea how to spell them. Totally unrelated, I know. But, you know, SPARKED MY CURIOSITY & STUFF);
- 2 cups of kale, REALLY CHOPPED;
- ½ cup of fresh parsley, CHOPPED;
- ½ cup of fresh basil, CHOPPED;
- ½ cup of fresh dill, CHOPPED;
- 1 cup of strawberries, THINLY SLICED;
- 160g of radishes, SLICED;
- 200g of oven-roasted turkey, CUBED;
- ½ cup of organic dried cranberries or raisins;
- 140g of organic ricotta or goat cheese;
FOR THE LEMON MAPLE MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE:
- 1 tbsp. of organic Dijon mustard;
- ¼ cup of fresh lemon juice;
- 2 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup;
- 1 cup of organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- A splash of organic apple cider vinegar;
- ½ tsp. of garlic powder;
- ½ tsp. of smoked paprika;
- ¼ tsp. of dried basil;
- ¼ tsp. of dried oregano;
- ½ tsp. of organic Himalayan pink sea salt;
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper;
NOW, how do you combine all this beautifulness to create this ridiculously-beautiful-I-cannot-wait-to-eat-I-mean-devour-you babe of a salad? Here goes lovies!
- Using a mandolin or a REALLY sharp knife, cut the BrusselS sprouts into really thin shreds (I used a knife & it was perfect, so NOPE, no need to take out the mandolin that’s buried at the back of the cupboard. Admit you love me!). Once they are all chopped up, rinse them with COLD WATER (this crisps & cleans the sprouts – TWO BIRDS, ONE STONE) & dry them well in a salad spinner or roll them in layers of paper towels (I went the paper towel route & it worked perfectly!);
- In a LARGE bowl (Make sure your bowl is actually LARGE. You will need room to mix lovies!), combine all the other chopped veggies & herbs, turkey, cranberries/raisins & ricotta/goat cheese with the shaved BrusselS;
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all the (BEAUTIFUL) dressing ingredients until fully combined!
- POUR THE BEAUTIFUL DRESSING OVER THE SALAD ET VOILÁ! DEVOUR. (P.S. May I suggest doubling your batch so you don’t call me crying when you realize you have none left to take for lunch to work tomorrow? Thanks! Love you!).
OH & FOOD PORN (OBVS):
Bon appétit les amours! Xoxo! <3 <3