Freshest Ever Mint & Cilantro Chutney a.k.a. Just-Took-Greens-To-A-Whole-New-Level-Woah!
Hi again loves! <3
GUYS, I legit took “GREENZ” to a whole new level with this baby! It all started out when I was cleaning my fridge this morning & I realized I had some extra mint that had to be used STAT. I got inspired to make a MINT & CILANTRO CHUTNEY & it’s FREAKING-AWESOMELY-AWESOME, to say the least! Ladies & gents, I present you with my Freshest Ever Mint & Cilantro Chutney a.k.a. Just-Took-Greens-To-A-Whole-New-Level-Woah!
PAUSE RECIPE – NUTRITION 101: What are the benefits of mint & cilantro? (IF YOU CARE!). As always, I did my research before making this recipe & thought I would share a bit with you loves about the benefits of these beautiful green herbs!
- Great appetizer & palate cleanser;
- Promotes healthy digestion (YES, PLEASE!);
- Soothes the stomach in cases of indigestion or inflammation;
- Natural stimulant that 1) gives you that extra boost when you are feeling under the weather & 2) stimulates the digestive enzymes that absorb nutrients from food & consume fat & turn them into usable energy (a.k.a. the fats are not being stored in your bods!).
- Contains no cholesterol;
- Contains good amounts of antioxidants, essential oils, vitamins & dietary fibre (YES, PLEASE!), which may help reduce “bad cholesterol” (LDL) levels in the blood & encourage normal blood sugar levels;
- ALSO, promotes healthy digestion (YES, PLEASE! ONCE AGAIN, killing two birds with one stone #winning!);
OKAY, NUTRITION 101 OVER. Admit you learned a thing or two. I know I did!
P.S. For those of you who are unfamiliar with “chutney”, it’s essentially a lighter version of pesto & can be used as a sandwich topping, a spread for crackers, a veggie dip, in dressings or as a lighter pasta sauce! OR, you can just eat her as is (YES, she’s THAT good, SWEAR!). BASICALLY, CHUTNEY IS SUPER VERSATILE & this chutney, specifically, IS VERSATILE & DELICIOUS. So what exactly are you waiting for? Oh right… you need to know how to make her. OK, here goes!
You will need:
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro;
- 1.5 cups of fresh mint leaves;
- 1/2 tsp. of organic sea salt;
- 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder;
- 1/2 tsp. of onion powder;
- 1 medium onion, cut into CHUNKS!;
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice;
- 1/4 cup of water (You may need to add some more, as needed, based on the texture/consistency of your chutney!).
OKAY, so this babe is legit SIMPLE AF TO MAKE! – All you gotta do is add all these beautiful savoury ingredients to your food processor & PULSE until you obtain a fine, smooth paste! ET VOILÁ! YOUR CHUTNEY IS READY TO BE DEVOURED. #NOMZ.
FOOD PORN, anyone?
Enjoy loves!!! Xo <3