Choco-Strawberry Greek Yogurt Bites of Wonderfulness a.k.a. Love-At-First-Bite-Oops-I-Mean-Love-At-First-Batch
Hi lovies! <3
Yet again, this afternoon, I whipped up some wonderfulness in my kitch!! Ladies & gents, I present you with my Choco-Strawberry Greek Yogurt Bites of Wonderfulness a.k.a. Love-At-First-Bite-Oops-I-Mean-Love-At-First-Batch. These little bites of wonderfulness are PERFECT for when you need a little treat at the end of the day! Think creamy Greek yogurt (YOU MUST USE 2% & I’ll explain why on the blog – SERIOUSLY, these babes are meant to be a treat, so TREAT THEM AS ONE, Lawlz, no pun intended & MOST IMPORTANTLY, TREAT YOSELF & NOURISH YOUR BODIES), mixed with fresh strawberries, swirled with chocolate & frozen atop a granola crust… How I am still standing is beyond me. I think of these babies & I legit am about to pass out.
GUYS, you will want to keep a batch of these babes in your freezer ALL THE EFFING TIME. OH & each little bite contains 2 grams of protein & 2 grams of fibre. AWESOME, RIGHT? I’m telling you, THE. PERF. LITTLE. SNACK! They’re clean, lean, healthy, guilt-free, gluten-free (& can even be vegan if you substitute the Greek yogurt for coconut cream or another vegan alternative), quick, easy, simple & ABSOLUTELY-POSITIVELY-INCREDIBLY DELISH!
OH, & they only require FOUR… yes, FOUR (4) ingredients. I swear! Let me explain.
You will need:
- ½ cup of plain 2% Greek yogurt. Guys, I’m warning you, if you use non-fat yogurt, you will get a bite that is either TOO sour or too CRYSTALLIZED. So, please, don’t go all “But I’m on a diet” with me… LIKE I SAID, these are meant to be a treat, so TREAT THEM AS ONE! (No pun intended!);
- ¼ cup of chocolate chips (You can totz. substitute chocolate chips for white chocolate chips, butterscotch, caramel etc. LET YOUR IMAGINATIONS RUN WILD, MY LOVES & USE WHAT YOU LOVE! Your body deserves to be nourished & treated every once in a while & these little munchkins are the perfect OP!);
- ¼ cup of diced strawberries;
- ¼ cup of granola (LET YOUR MINDS RUN WILD WITH THIS ONE TOO, MY LOVES! BUT, one word of advice: If possible, it’s best if you use a granola that does not have fruit in it because you want the crust to harden & be as CRISPY as possible once it comes out of the freezer!);
Yep… that’s all. I SWEAR. Now, given the small amount of ingredients, putting these babies together is obvs super quick & simple, BUT I’LL EXPLAIN ANYWAYS (‘cause I love y’all sosososo much!):
- Use either a silicone ice-cube tray or a mini-muffin tin & drop some granola into the bottom of the tray/tin. Make sure it is in an EVEN LAYER in the bottom.
- Melt your chocolate chips (AHHHH! Does anybody else melt, no pun intended, at the smell of melted chocolate in your kitch?). I microwaved mine in 30 second intervals until melted & smooth!
- NOW, this part is fun!!! Swirl a tiny bit of the MELTED chocolate on top of the granola layer.
- In a bowl, stir together the Greek yogurt & strawberries. Add the rest of the chocolate! Give the yogurt one or two quick stirs so that the chocolate sswirls in (THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SIGHT EVER, GUYS!!).
- Divide the yogurt among the tray/tin on top of the granola layer & press down as you fill so that it’s compact!
- FREEZE THE BABES for a few hours, until they are firm!;
- Pop the yogurt cups out of the mould & DEVOURRRRR! You can keep these babies in the freezer in an airtight freezer bag or container, so DOUBLE YOUR BATCH, MY LOVES! YOU WON’T REGRET IT!
ANYWHO my loves, have fun with these babes!! Drizzle your chocolate, make a bit of a mess, LICK YOUR FINGERS (I promise I’m not judging you & I won’t tell anyone!), eat tons of strawberries while attempting to fold some into the yogurt (Oops, there’s none left). JUST DO IT. NOURISH YOUR BODY! And, when they are frozen & ready, TREAT YO SELF & HAVE FUN EATING THEM. You & your bods deserve it. <3 BUT JUST KNOW: Literally, LOVE AT FIRST BITE. The problem with that is that you don’t actually end up having one bite… or two… or three. You end up eating the whole batch. OH WELL, LOVE AT FIRST BATCH! <3
OH & FOOD PORN (OBVS)!:
Enjoy les amours!! Xoxo <3 <3