10-Minute Clean-Eating, Vegan, Gluten-Free & Paleo Pan Pizza Crust a.k.a. All-Your-Pizza-Dreams-Answered-&-No-It’s-Not-Too-Good-To-Be-True-It’s-Reality
MY LOVES, rise & shine!<3 5:46AM on Sunday morning & just killed it in the kitch (I know… SO EARLY! But, PRODUCTIVE MORNINGS, FTW).
Anywho, yesterday, one of my beautiful followers asked me if I had a recipe for REALLY-easy-quick-&-simple-pan-pizza. My answer? Nope! BUT, then she had me wondering… & brainstorming… Basically, she put me on a mission. AND, THIS MORNING: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.
BTW, I totz. agree with her. Pizza is awesome & stuff but it’s SUPER ANNOYING TO MAKE. Think: Yeast, rising, PATIENCE. Uh, no thanks. I want my pizza & I want it FIVE MINUTES AGO. K THANKS, BYE. Well babies, this recipe will do JUST THAT for you! LET ME EXPLAIN. What is this, you ask?
- Easy, clean & healthy pizza dough.
- She’s vegan (BUT, you must use an Egg Replacer. We’ll talk about that lata!).
- She’s gluten-free (depending which type of flour you decide to use).
- She’s grain-free (depending which type of flour you decide to use).
- She’s Paleo.
- She’s LOW-CARB.
- She packs a whole 7 grams of protein & 4g of fibre!!!!! #winning (Thanks to the egg whites & sprouted whole-wheat flour, BUT WE’LL GET TO THAT. Patience, babies!).
- She can be in your mouth (a.k.a. be DEVOURED) in like ten minutes.
- OH, & she smells like oregano & garlic HEAVEN RN.
Awesome stats, right?
OKAY, you just want to know what you need already. SORRY. I’m done ranting. I hope you still love me (I mean, by now, you’re probs getting used to my rants, no?). Here goes my loves:
- 1 tbsp. of organic extra virgin olive oil.
- 1/4 cup of whole-wheat sprouted flour (I use the one by One Degree Organics!). You guys can totally use regular whole wheat flour or even all purpose flour if that’s all you’ve got, or if you simply prefer it to the sprouted stuff… BUT, I DON’T SEE HOW YOU WOULD. SPROUTED = FIBRE = <3.
- Side note: A lot of you have asked me what exactly “sprouted” means (after I raved about Ezekiel, my love). Basically, sprouted grains are BETTER not only because they use the WHOLE grain, but the process sprouted grains go through actually breaks down the proteins & carbs in the grain, increasing overall vitamin content. Before a sprouted grain is used, it is a LIVING FOOD. Basically, enzymes are released during the sprouting process, which break down the proteins & carbs. This helps make sprouted grain food LOW GLYCEMIC & EASIER TO DIGEST (Once again, #winning!). Traditional grain breads are HARDER TO DIGEST & the body actually loses a good portion of the nutrients because it cannot digest them! With sprouted grains that have already been broken down due to the enzymes existing in the living sprouted grain, nutrients are absorbed IMMEDIATELY into the bod & are not lost in the digestive process. SO, ARE YOU STILL THINKING OF USING YOUR NOT SPROUTED FLOUR? Didn’t think so.
- 1 egg white (For vegan version, use Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer);
- 2 tbsp. of organic unsweetened almond milk (I use Earth’s Own);
- 1/2 tsp. of oregano;
- 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder;
- TOPPPPPINGS?!?!? Here are some fun flavour combinations I came up with, but feel free to HAVE FUN WITH THIS PART & LET YOUR MINDS RUN WILD, BABES & GO CRAY-CRAY!
- Kale/Spinach/Arugula Pizza, a.k.a. GREENS, fresh garlic, ricotta or goat cheese (OR BOTH) & cherry tomatoes;
- Margherita Pizza, a.k.a. tomato sauce, a drizzle of olive oil, fresh mozzarella & torn fresh basil;
- Goat Cheese & Sun-Dried Tomato, a.k.a. goat cheese, shredded mozzarella, fresh garlic, Italian seasoning & sun-dried tomatoes;
- BBQ Chicken Pizza, a.k.a. cooked & shredded chicken tossed with BBQ sauce, red onion, mozzarella cheese & some shredded cheddar;
- Breakfast Pizza, a.k.a. Brie, sunny-side up egg & fresh chopped cilantro;
- Southwest Pizza, a.k.a. Cilantro, onions, black olives, corn, BBQ chicken, black beans, cheddar/mozzarella & tomato sauce;
- Peanut Butter & Banana Pizza, a.k.a. Peanut butter, banana slices, cocoa powder & honey drizzle;
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pizza, a.k.a. Whipped cream, ricotta or cream cheese, sliced strawberries, walnuts & chocolate drizzle;
OK MY LOVES, I’M TRYING SO HARD RIGHT NOW, but I won’t go on a rant. Here’s how to whip this baby up:
- In a metal mixing bowl, stir together all the beautiful ingredients until they are combined & uniform!
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over MEDIUM HEAT. Spread your pizza dough EVENLY in the prepared skillet (I used a rubber spatula to round the edges once I poured the dough into the skillet).
- Cook the babe over medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until the bottom starts firming up & the top is solidified, then, TURN HER OVER & cook for another 2 minutes.
- Once you add your toppings, I suggest putting the babe on a baking sheet or back in the skillet and BROIL for a minute or 2!
- ENJOY MY LOVES!!!!
- OH & P.S. HERE’S A SUPER IMPORTANT & ÜBER-CONVENIENT TIP FOR YOU: You can totally make a LARGE batch of these babes & freeze them for those I-don’t-know-what-to-make-for-dinner-tonight-somebody-save-me-please nights. GUYS, KELLY’S PAN PIZZA DOUGH TO THE RESCUE. ALWAYS!!!
P.S. Please don’t be shy to submit your recipe requests for Sunday in the kitch! I’m taking ‘em & as you can see, I’m responding to them! Love y’all!! <3
OH, & PIZZA FOREVER & EVER.
FOOD PORN, ANYONE?
UPDATE!!! Here are some pics of my babe of a crust all-dressed up & ready to go!!!!!
OH & the roasted eggplant… How could I forget these babies?!?! (P.S. SUPER EASY TO MAKE: Slice your eggplant into strips, add the sliced eggplant to a metal mixing bowl, season with 1 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil, organic sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, oregano, dried parsley, garlic powder, chili powder & smoked paprika, toss to combine & bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes & BAM!!!!!)
NOM NOM NOM.