Eggplant Pizza Topped with Creamy Seasoned Ricotta, Garlic, Cherry Tomatoes & Fresh Basil a.k.a. Don’t-Even-Try-To-Compare-These-Babes-To-Dominos-You-Will-Fail-At-Life
Hi!! <3 Happy SaturYAY! 🙂 Hope you’re all having a wonderful weekend!
MY LOVES. I am LEGIT so freaking excited right now. I cannot contain it. I gave you guys a little glimpse of these babies this afternoon on Insta (because I’m such a tease & stuff…), BUT, let me tell you, that glimpse does not do them AN OUNCE OF JUSTICE. This eggplant pizza is, simply put, LIFE & IS BY FAR ONE OF THE BEST RECIPES I HAVE MADE SINCE I STARTED MY JOURNEY TOWARDS RECOVERY (Woah, I cannot believe I just said that but NOTHING COULD BE MORE TRUE). Ladies & gents, I present you with my Eggplant Pizza Topped with Creamy Seasoned Ricotta, Garlic, Cherry Tomatoes & Fresh Basil a.k.a. Don’t-Even-Try-To-Compare-These-Babes-To-Dominos-You-Will-Fail-At-Life.
THINK: Beautiful round slices of eggplant topped with creamy & smooth organic ricotta seasoned with Parmesan, Romano or nutritional yeast, fresh garlic, garlic powder, dried chives, dried parsley, salt & freshly ground black pepper ROASTED to perfection then TOPPED AGAIN with oven-charred cherry tomatoes & garnished with fresh finely chopped basil! GUYS, YOU WILL PASS THE EFF OUT WHEN YOU SEE THESE BABES COME OUT DA OVEN. So, please, make sure to have somebody around to catch you when you fall (OY!).
No, but seriously, I cannot handle these babes. As soon as they were ready, I had this incessant urge to devour the EFF OUT OF THEM, but I somehow resisted (Most probs cause I had to take a pic for the blog #noshame. Thank you, blog, for helping build my resistance. LAWLZ, I crack myself up sometimes, man). I think it’s officially official. I am SO the NEW MISS PIGGY & you know what? I’m effing PROUD!
Anywho, BACK TO THESE BABIES. Here, your traditional Saturday-night-take-out-or-freezer-pizza crust IS REPLACED with eggplant & IT’S THE FREAKING BOMB.COM. These munchkins take your Saturday night pizza binge to a WHOLE NEW (GUILT-FREE) LEVEL. You will be thanking your lucky stars, oh & ME, OF COURSE!!!
Before I delve into the nitty-gritty of the ingredients & how-to for these munchkins, I am about to go all NUTRITION 101 on you… (Sorry not sorry, just give me a few minutes, I promise we’re getting to the ingredients ASAP).
Did you guys know that eggplant is one of the world’s healthiest foods?!?! WHAT?! WHY?!
- BRAIN FOOD! (This is due to a nutrient it contains called nasunin, which is an antioxidant & free radical scavenger that has been shown to protect the lipids in b rain cell membranes… BASICALLY, EGGPLANT NOURISHES YOUR BRAIN & MAKES YOU SMARTER. SO EAT IT.
- FULL OF TONS OF ESSENTIAL NUTRIENTS: Iron, vitamin K, potassium, Vitamin B6, folate, & calcium, all while being ridiculously flavourful!
- LOADED WITH FIBRE, which protects the digestive tract… and we all know what that implies, so HELLO FIBRE, please, make yourself at home.
- Rich in antioxidant compounds;
- HEART-HEALTHY FOOD! – Studies have shown that eggplant can help reduce “bad” cholesterol levels, improve overall blood flow, control high blood pressure & relieve stress;
BASICALLY, EGGPLANT IS A DREAM FOOD. THIS PIZZA IS A DREAM. AND, YOU MUST EAT THIS EGGPLANT PIZZA TO FULFILL YOUR DREAMS. Got me? Can your freezer or take-out pizza EVER MEASURE UP TO THIS? NAH. Didn’t think so! BASICALLY, EGGPLANT PIZZA FTW! ALWAYS.
OKAY MY LOVES, one full page later & my rant is FINALLY over. Sorry I am such a chatterbox, I just have so much to share with you guys!!! (Please forgive me & love me forever?). OH, btw, I told you why EGGPLANT IS SO AWESOME, but… not I didn’t tell you why this recipe legit hits a home run… WHY, you ask?
- NOT ONLY IS SHE MADE WITH EGGPLANT, but also, she is SUPER, QUICK, EASY & SIMPLE TO WHIP UP.
- She tastes freaking absolutely-positively-SCRUMPTIOUSLY-most-certainly DELICIOUS.
- She is clean, lean, healthy & COMPLETELY GUILT-FREE, a.k.a. you can LOAD UP ON HER, pack in tons of nutritional benefits (as discussed above) & not feel like you need them fat pants.
Ok, fine, now it’s really time for me to just tell you what you need, so THE MOMENT YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR… *drumroll please*, THE INGREDIENTS LIST:
- 1 large eggplant, SLICED into 1-inch thick round pieces;
- 2 cups of organic ricotta (I seasoned my ricotta in a separate bowl with some garlic powder, dried chives, salt & freshly ground pepper before spreading it on the eggplant slices just to give it some added flavour & spice!);
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, MINCED;
- TONS of cherry tomatoes, HALVED;
- LOADS of fresh basil, FINELY CHOPPED;
- 1 tbsp. of Parmesan, Pecorino Romano or nutritional yeast;
- ¼ tsp. of garlic powder;
- ¼ tsp. of dried chives;
- ¼ tsp. of dried parsley flakes;
- ¼ tsp. of dried basil;
- ¼ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- Salt to taste;
NOW, how to combine this beautifulness before you pass out to create the perfection that is these beautiful eggplant pizzas? LET ME EXPLAIN.
- Slice your eggplant to get 1-inch thick round pieces.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread the seasoned ricotta & fresh garlic on the eggplant slices, drizzle with some spices of your choice & BAKE THE BABES for 15 minutes.
- Once baked, top these MUNCHKINS with the cherry tomatoes & season them with the Parm, Romano or nutritional yeast, garlic powder, dried chives, parsley flakes, basil, black pepper & salt.
- BAKE THE BABES AGAIN for 15 minutes.
- Once baked, top these munchkins with some chopped basil ET VOILÀ!! (But like, how simple was that?!?!).
- ENJOY MY LOVES & DO SO WHILE FEELING TOTALLY, COMPLETELY & ENTIRELY GUILT-FREE (Oh, you know why else this pizza is so damn awesome? Since you had a guilt-free dinner, YES, it gives you an excuse to eat out of the Häagen-Dazs Cookie Dough Pint & not to question life when you reach the bottom of the tub & there ain’t nothing left!!!
OH RIGHT, how could I forget???… the reason I was able to resist devouring the babes before the clock rang DINNER TIME! *DRUMROLL PLEASE*… FOOD PORN, ANYONE?
Enjoy my loves!!! <3 Xoxo!