Creamy 4-Ingredient Vegan & Gluten-Free Avocado (Oops, I Mean AVO) Dressing a.k.a. The-G-d-Of-Creamy-Velvety-Smooth-Salad-Dressings-Basically-Life
HELLO MY LOVES! <3
Before I begin my rant (LAWLZ), just putting it out there that avocados are LIFE. That I am OBSESSED with avocados. That you NEED avocados in your life. & THAT, given all of the above, I put together this baby that’s HEALTHY, MADE WITH ONLY 4 INGREDIENTS, DELISH & BEST OF ALL, READY IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES. YEP. SWEAR.
The avocado (hereinafter referred to as: “AVO”. Yes, I’m a lawyer, you?) in this dressing makes it so silky creamy that you will have like THE HARDEST TIME EVER believing there is no dairy in it. This stuff is SO GONNA LIVE IN A BOTTLE IN MY FRIDGE AT ALL TIMES. Basically, she’s becoming a new house dressing & I’m trippppping at how delish she is! SHE WILL TAKE YOUR SALAD TO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL. HELL, SHE WILL LITERALLY MAKE YOUR SALAD.
Nutrition-wise (‘case you know, I’m all about that nourishment), it’s hard to think of a salad dressing that’s better for you! As I’m sure a lot of you already know, avocados are JAM-PACKED WITH HEALTHY FATS, FIBER & VITAMIN K (REMEMBER WHAT I SAID ABOUT HEALTHY-GOOD-FOR-YOU-FATS? Don’t be scared of them, my loves. YOUR BODY NEEDS THEM & you will FEEL SO GOOD!). Not to mention, healthy fats actually help the digestive tract to absorb nutrients, help keep inflammation down & help lower the risk of heart disease. I’LL BET YOU A MILLION DOLLARS THAT YOUR STORE-BOUGHT BOTTLE OF RANCH CANNOT SAY THE SAME THING. Ouuuuuuu, now I’ve got you thinking, eh…
MY LOVES, all you need is LOVE & AVOCADOS. No, but seriously, what do you need to whip this baby up?
- 1 ripe avocado;
- ¼ cup of organic white wine vinegar (I use Maison Orphée);
- Juice of one lemon (If you don’t have a juicer & prefer to just use lemon juice, this is the equivalent of 1 tbsp. of lemon juice);
- Organic sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- ¾ cup of organic extra-virgin olive oil (I use Maison Orphée).
YEP, ONCE AGAIN, I WAS NOT LYING. Guys, if you don’t trust me at this point… Sorry not sorry, but we can no longer be friends. Like, I think I’ve done enough to earn your trust, no? I ALWAYS KEEP MY PROMISES.
NOW… all you gotta do is:
- Combine the avo, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, sea salt & peppa in your food processor & RUN THAT BABY UNTIL THE DRESSING IS VELVETY, SMOOTH & CREAMY;
- With the food processor on low, STREAM IN THE OLIVE OIL through the shoot until just combined… As you see your dressing come together, you will be in utter awe at how beautifully-scrumptiously-smooth-&-green she is. Simply put, YOU WILL FALL IN LOVE & THERE IS NO TURNING BACK MY LOVES. SHE IS YOURS, FOREVER;
- Pour the babe over your fave KELLY IN THE KITCH salad recipes & BAM!!!!!
- Store the jar in the refrigerator (If there’s anything left, of course!).
OH & FOOD PORN!!!!!:
Enjoy mes amours!! This one’s sure to become a classic! Xoxo <3