Hi lovies! <3
Rise & shine (No, not me. YOU. I’ve been up since 5:00am, WADDUP?!). This morning in my kitch, I whipped up a storm & it was freaking AWESOME. What did I whip up, you ask? Oh you know… just some sugar-free chocolate chip breakfast cookies (Shoutout to Arielle Shnaidman for requesting a sugar-free breaky cookie recipe & giving me the op. to come up with this recipe). NBD. Right? NO, NO, THIS IS A BIG DEAL!!!! Let me explain.
So I call these breakfast cookies, but they are so scrumptiously delicious that you can easily eat them for breaky or dessert! I’ve come to the conclusion that all you need in life is LOVE & really yummy COOKIES (like these). So basically, if you have love, I can help you fulfill your life goals… BAKE THESE (really quick, simple & easy) COOKIES. Ladies & gents, I present you with my Sugar-Free Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies a.k.a. All-You-Need-In-Life-Is-Love-&-(Really)-(Yummy)-Cookies.
These babes ring in at ONLY 98 calories per cookie (HOLY EFFFF. AMAZING, right?) & wait for it… you asked & I delivered… ONLY 2 grams of sugar (which comes from naturally sweetened 100% freeze-dried strawberries, which you can totz. omit & replace with more sugar-free chocolate chips if you want the cookies to have LEGIT ZERO GRAMS OF SUGAR, but like… 2 grams is NADA! OH &… besides all this nutritional stuff, THEY TASTE ABSOLUTELY-SCRUMPTIOUSLY-PERFECTLY-RIDICULOUSLY DELICIOUS.
My loves, I’ll stop being selfish. I’ll shut up. I’ll tell you what you need cause if you want to have these babies for breaky today, you better get whipping up that storm. STAT. NOW. PRONTO. (I’m a Thesaurus, you?). You will need:
- ½ cup of gluten-free rolled oats (I use Only Oats or Bob’s Red Mill);
- ½ cup of apple sauce or mashed banana (Yummmmmy!);
- ¼ cup of peanut butter (or any other nut butter!);
- ½ tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract (I use Simply Organic, DUH!);
- 1/16 tsp. of salt (a.k.a. A PINCH!);
- 3 tbsp. of sugar-free chocolate chips;
- 3 tbsp. of freeze-dried strawberries (If you don’t have these OR if you want the recipe to be ENTIRELY sugar-free, even though these sugars are completely 100% natural, you can omit these babes or you can replace them with an extra 3 tbsp. of sugar-free chocolate chips! Whatever floats your boats, my loves!);
- PINCH of stevia or 1 tbsp. of any sugar substitute;
Now, HOW TO? (SEE HOW QUIET I’M BEING TODAY, Lawlz. Take advantage, this ain’t gonna happen for very much longer!)
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Mash the banana/stir in the apple sauce with the nut butter (ZOMFG, guys, you’re gonna die at the smell & sight of this, it’s freaking amazing!!!). P.S. Here’s a little tip: I melted my peanut butter in the microwave for 20 seconds before mixing it in with the apple sauce so that it would be easier to combine!
- Add all the other beautiful ingredients to the batter & mix until well-combined;
- Shape this babe of a batter into cookies & BAKE them on a greased cookie sheet for around 14-16 minutes! (Mine took the full 16 minutes to come out perfectly, but WATCH YOUR COOKIES. LOVE YOUR COOKIES. CARE FOR YOUR COOKIES).
- Let your cookies cool for about 10 minutes before removing them from the sheet!
- DEVOUR, DEVOUR & DEVOUR SOME ‘MO (But, let’s be honest, did you really not taste, I mean, have 2 or 3, of these babes, before you even removed them from the cookie sheet? DO NOT LIE TO ME. I am NOT judging you!!!! I’m guilty of the same. #guiltyascharged.
- ENJOY MY LOVES! <3
OH & FOOOOOD PORN:
Enjoy lovies!!! <3