Hi my loves! <3
Rise & shine! It’s an awesome feeling to wake up to Creamy Cauli-Alfredo. Trust me. ERGO, WAKE THE EFF UP!
Okay, but seriously, I have officially surpassed all goals & expectations with this one. Think: Zucchini noodles (or “ZOODLES”). Creamy cauliflower Alfredo sauce made entirely & completely from SCRATCH (duh!), Sautéed rapini in garlic & coconut oil. Pan-seared flakey-AF Cod. GUYS, PLEASE CALL-911-IT’S-AN-EMERGENCY. I’m not breathing. Well I am… slightly.
Ladies & gents, while I’m still slightly breathing, I present you with my Zucchini Noodles in Homemade-From-Scratch Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce with Sautéed Garlic Rapini & Pan-Seared Flakey Cod a.k.a. Does-Cloud-10-Exist?-Cause-If-It-Does-I’m-There-NOW. She is scrumptiously-beautifully-wonderfully-absolutely-positively-perfect & in all her creaminess & savouriness, she took me to ALL KINDS OF HEAVEN. I was honest with her though & told her I had to come back to share her with you guys… so HERE GOES MES AMOURS.
This Alfredo sauce is legit AS GUILT-FREE (GLUTEN-FREE & VEGAN) AS IT GETS (Do you see how hard I try or you my loves?). In lieu (Sometimes I use fancy words & stuff) of the heavy cream, butter, and cheese found in the REAL DEAL, this creamy sauce gets its smooth & velvety texture from pureed cauliflower!
In case you haven’t realized, my cauliflower obsession still exists & always will. So no, I will not stop (Just in case this thought crossed your mind & stuff… at least it’s clear now). Anywho, I wish I could put the creaminess of this babe into words, but I CAN’T. You know what that means? You just have to try her… I mean, I don’t think I’m asking much now, am I? HOW COULD YOU RESIST HER ANYWAYS?
OH, OH, OH!! How could I forget… (I didn’t actually forget, I was just saving the best for last, kay?). THIS BABE OF A DISH RINGS IN AT… wait for it… warm up a bit… I don’t want to give you a shock or anything BUT… 27 GRAMS OF PROTEIN!!!! What?! So you mean to tell me you get both your protein & your greens fix from this babe? YOU GOT THAT RIGHT, LOVES! HOW AWESOME? If you weren’t already convinced to make this baby because of how creamy & delish she is, I’m hoping her protein content just convince you. And if not, well BYE!
Okay, so I think I’m done rambling for a bit. I’ll list the ingredients then we’ll see if I have more to say (WHO AM I KIDDING? I ALWAYS HAVE MORE TO SAY). No, but seriously, I’m FINALLY ready to tell you lovies what you need, so here we go:
- 4 tsp. of coconut oil (I use Nutiva organic coconut oil. OBVS. I told you guys, it’s not very often that I will betray her. I’m loyal, okay?);
- 4 cloves of garlic, MINCED (GET TO WORK BABES!);
- 1 pound of cauliflower florets (approximately ½ head);
- 1 cup of water;
- ½ cup of unsweetened organic almond milk;
- 1 tbsp. of Parmesan, Romano, vegan Parmesan or nutritional yeast ( if you opt for the Parm or the Romano, the babe ain’t vegan no ‘mo!);
- 1 tsp. of organic Himalayan pink sea salt (or any other sea salt);
- ½ tsp. of garlic powder;
- ½ tsp. of onion powder;
- 4 large zucchini, PEELED (MORE WORK BABES!);
- LOADS OF RAPINI;
- 1 lb. of fresh or frozen Cod;
- Freshly ground black pepper;
- ½ tsp. of dried parsley flakes or dried chives;
Now, how do you combine all this deliciousness & end up with THE BEAUTIFUL BABE THAT WAS BORN IN MY KITCH YESTERDAY?
- Melt 1 tsp. of the coconut oil in a saucepan over… wait for it… MEDIUM HEAT! (NOT HIGH!). Add the garlic & sauté just until fragrant (a.k.a. until your KITCH SMELLS LIKE HEAVEN), about 1 minute.
- Add the cauliflower & water to the saucepan & bring the water to a boil (The water doesn’t have to cover the cauli!). Lower the heat & cover, simmering until the cauliflower is SOFT & TENDER, about 15 minutes.
- While the cauli is boiling, MULTI-TASK MY LOVES! a.k.a. add water & salt to ANOTHER saucepan & bring to a boil. Add your rapini & boil for 2-3 minutes until the rapini begins to look wilted. Once boiled, drain the rapini. Heat 1 tsp. of coconut oil in a small skillet OVER MEDIUM HEAT. Once heated, add 1 clove of garlic & sauté once again, UNTIL FRAGRANT (I’m probs. killing you with these amazing kitch smells, but #sorrynotsorry! Can’t help it my loves! FOOD IS YUMMY!). Once fragrant, add the rapini & sauté it with the garlic for 2-3 minutes. Set aside (Don’t put her somewhere you will forget about her because then you’ll cry when you realize you forgot to add her to your Alfredo… & there’s nothing I can do about it at that point, SO PLEASE, PEOPLE, DON’T FORGET YOUR RAPINI!).
- In the same skillet, heat 1 tsp. of coconut oil OVER MEDIUM HEAT. Once heated, add your Cod & sauté until cooked, about 5-7 minutes. Use a wooden spoon or a rubber spatula while sautéing in order to break up the Cod until it looks FLAKY AF.
- Once boiled, transfer the cooked cauli-mixture to your blender, add the almond milk, Parmesan, salt, garlic powder & onion powder & BLEND AWAY UNTIL VERY, VERY, VERY SMOOTH & CREAMY.
- Use a spiralizer or veggie peeler (I used a veggie peeler & my zoodles came out perfectly) to create “zucchini noodles” or “ZOOOOOODLES”. Melt the remaining 1 tsp. of coconut oil in a large stockpot. Add the zucchini & sauté until tender, about 8-10 minutes (WATCH YOUR ZOODLES, LOVIES. YOU DO NOT WANT THEM TO BURN. THEY ARE THE BASE OF THIS DISH. Ergo, PAUSE NETFLIX NOW).
- Pour the cauli-sauce into the pan & toss well. Add the garlic rapini & the Cod. Once the sauce is HAWT AF, serve immediately, with freshly ground pepper & dried parsley/chives.
- Make sure you still have all the ingredients you need for this babe to WHIP HER UP AGAIN TOMORROW!!! I don’t know about you but one night of this dins wasn’t enough for me!! I know it won’t be for you either. Do not lie to me.
- Enjoy my loves!! <3
OH, right… FOOD PORN!!!:
I’m dead. YOU?