Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Refined Sugar-Free & Paleo Amaretti Thins a.k.a. The-Ultimate-Definition-Of-Crispy-&-Crunchy-On-The-Outside-But-Chewy-On-The-Inside-Oh-&-Almonds-Are-Life
Hi lovies! <3
Happy FRIYAY night (woot, woot)!! Time to get busy in your kitchs’ with all my recipes. It’s the weekend. YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE. (P.S. I’ve been loving all the feedback & questions I’ve been getting about my recipes, so please my loves, DO NOT BE SHY! Message me, call me, snap me, insta me, SOCIAL-NETWORK-ME in any which way possible! I’d love to help! OH & I’m still taking recipe requests!).
Anywho my loves, this afternoon, in my kitch (DUH!), I baked up a hell of a storm… I made AMARETTI THINS, BASICALLY, CRUNCHY ALMOND COOKIES. BUT, mine are so much more than “Basic B*tches”. Think crisp & crackly cookies with the delicate taste of ALMONDS… BUT, that’s not all… wait for it… these babes are TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. What do I mean? They are:
- REFINED SUGAR-FREE
IF THAT’S NOT ALREADY THE BEST PART ABOUT THESE BABES, WANNA KNOW WHAT IS? You hardly need anything to make them… Egg whites are beaten with coconut sugar (a.k.a. LIFE, in a nutshell) until pale & creamy, and then a splash of organic pure almond extract & ALMOND FLOUR (BEST STUFF EVER) are stirred in to create a loose batter dropped by teaspoonful onto baking sheets… GUYS, I CANNOT BREATHE. Ladies & gents, I present you with my Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Refined Sugar-Free & Paleo Amaretti Thins a.k.a. The-Ultimate-Definition-Of-Crispy-&-Crunchy-On-The-Outside-But-Chewy-On-The-Inside-Oh-&-Almonds-Are-Life (ANOTHER SITCH OF LONG NAME, AMAZING RESULTS).
I TOOK ONE BITE & OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!! I DIED & WENT TO ALMOND HEAVEN. Somehow, I made it past the “cooling” step (JK, no I didn’t!!!), WHEN THE BABES CAME OUT DA OVEN, IT WAS OVER. Tried one… had another… ATE THREE!! NBD, right? Who’s counting? Guys… these babes are the definition of CRISPY & CRUNCHY ON THE OUTSIDE BUT, CHEWY ON THE INSIDE!!! After that INITIAL CRUNCH, They legit MELT IN YOUR MOUTH. I CAN’T. I have not tasted a cookie this good in a LONG FREAKING TIME & let’s be honest, that’s saying a lot given how much I’ve been baking! I have no idea how in my right mind I came up with this recipe but all I know is: YOU. HAVE. TO. MAKE. THESE. STAT. & if you do, FEEDBACK PLEASE!!!!!
P.S. You might want to store these babes in a container AS SOON AS THEY ARE COOLED (Of course, that’s if you make it PAST the “cooling” step) because… if you don’t, you might have another & another & another & then realize… “OOPS, THERE’S NONE LEFT. TIME TO BAKE ANOTHER BATCH”, ergo, DOUBLE YOUR BATCH MY LOVES! (The danger with these babies is that they feel light as air… that makes it SUPER EASY to eat like five in one sitting, so be MINDFUL, my loves. OR DON’T BE. WHO CARES & WHO’S COUNTING? Enjoy! Nourish your bodies! They deserve it!).
Before we get into the nitty gritty of this recipe, I want you munchkins to know that this stuff is NOT ONLY SCRUMPTIOUSLY-DELICIOUS-AND-CRISPY-AND-OMG-I’M-DYING, but it’s also SO EFFING CLEAN, HEALTHY & GOOD FOR YOU. Let me explain. I’m sure you’ve all heard that almonds are “good for you”, but do you know why? GUYS, almonds actually contain more than just “healthy & good fats”:
- They contain TONS OF FIBER, PROTEIN, MAGNESIUM & VITAMIN E, which means the diamond-shaped babes can help lower blood sugar levels, reduce blood pressure & lower cholesterol.
- They are also LOADED WITH ANTIOXIDANTS;
- Since they keep you “fuller longer”, they can actually help reduce caloric intake and ergo, help with weight loss.
SO, WHOEVER TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM ALMONDS OR TO BE SCARED TO EAT TOO MANY (I mean, obvs. don’t eat a cup in one sitting, BUT YOU CATCH MY DRIFT) was not aware how GOOD THEY ARE FOR YOU! So please, make these babies, eat them, devour them, enjoy them, and do not worry about the fat. THESE ARE GOOD FOR YOU FATS & YOU NEED THEM. EVERY DAY, MY LOVES!
Okay, I think my rant is FINALLY over… this one took a while, I’ll admit. I’m sorry my loves. But, I hope it was beneficial & plus, if you got this far, I LOVE YA, but also, it means you waited for the best part… INGREDIENTS TIME!!!!
- 1 egg white;
- 1/3 cup of coconut sugar (You can substitute white or brown sugar if that’s all you’ve got, but personally, I absolutely LOVED the taste of the coconut sugar combined with the almond flour, so if you have it, or if you want to go to the grocery store & buy it, a.k.a. you are NOT LAZY, then please do!! It actually makes a difference!);
- ½ cup of blanched almond flour;
- 1/8 tsp. of pure organic almond extract (If you don’t have or you prefer vanilla extract, you can replace the almond extract with ¼ tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract);
- 2 tbsp. of sliced almonds, lightly crushed with your hands!
Yes, that’s it lovies!!! TOLD YA YOU DIDN’T NEED THAT MUCH!
Okay, now HOW-TO WHIP THESE BABES UP WITH ALL THESE CLEAN & HEALTHY INGREDIENTS?
- Preheat your oven to 300F;
- Line two or more baking sheets with parchment paper & set aside;
- Whisk together the egg white & coconut sugar (a.k.a. LIFE!!!) in a metal bowl set over a pot of barely simmering water until the sugar dissolves & the mixture is just barely warm! (GUYS, WATCH YOUR BOWL!!!! NO NETFLIX FOR YOU, GLEN COCO. This recipe requires focus but it’s well worth it!!);
- Remove your bowl from the heat & continue to beat the egg & sugar mixture with a handheld or stand mixer until it INCREASES IN VOLUME & IS PALE & THICKENED (LEGIT, MAGICAL!!). Your mixture should be light & beige and look SHINY (oh, so pretty!!!!);
- Add in the almond extract (or vanilla extract);
- With a rubber spatula, fold the almond flour (ZOMFG, the texture…) into the egg white mixture in three times; do this gently until WELL-INCORPORATED & THE CONSISTENCY OF PEANUT BUTTER (You all know what peanut butter looks like, right? KAY GOOD);
- Use a teaspoon to spoon the batter into THE-CUTEST-SMALLEST-LITTLE-ROUNDS-OF-LIFE on the baking sheets. MY LOVES, MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE ABOUT AN INCH BETWEEN THE BABES BECAUSE THE BATTER SPREADS!!
- Top the beautiful babies with the crushed sliced almonds (HOW FREAKING CUTE ARE THEY THOUGH?);
- BAKE THE BABIES for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden brown! (I baked mine for 21 minutes, precisely, but YOU BE THE JUDGE!);
- Remove the babes from the oven & transfer the entire sheet with the cookies to a cooling rack. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REMOVE THEM RIGHT AWAY. THEY WILL HARDEN AS THEY COOL (Honestly, I’m telling you not to attempt to remove them right away, but I totally did. Not only did I attempt to remove one, but, I ate one…uh… or two… or three!! OOOOOPS! #noshame);
- Once the cookies are completely cool (IF YOU MAKE IT THIS FAR), remove them from the baking sheets & store them in an airtight container!
- If you did not make it this far, PROCEED TO BAKE ANOTHER BATCH. OH, & LISTEN TO ME NEXT TIME & DOULE YOUR BATCH TO BEGIN WITH. Kthx!
AND NOW… *DRUMROLL PLEASE*… FOOD PORN!!!!
Enjoy my loves!!! & HAPPY BEGINNING-OF-WEEKEND!! 🙂