The Simplest (But, The Yummiest) Roasted Butternut Squash Ever a.k.a. I-Put-This-Stuff-On-Everything-&-No-I-Won’t-Stop-Roasting
Hi lovies! <3
Hope you’re all having a good day! It’s Wednesday & you know what that means?? You made it halfway through the week & it’s almost the FREAKIN’ weekend! Best feeling! Why not celebrate with some delish roasted butternut squash? (You probs think I’m insane, but I swear, these cubed little babes are THE EQUIVALENT OR BETTER THAN BIRTHDAY CAKE!!!).
After documenting this beautiful recipe on insta & Snapchat this morning, I got TONS of messages asking me how I roast my butternut squash! So here I am my loves, I’M ABOUT TO TELL YOU HOW! Revelation day! Admit you’re excited!!!
Okay, so for those of you who don’t know, butternut squash is LEGIT my ALL-TIME FAVE veggie ever! Like, it’s gotten to the point where the second I finish the roasted batch in my fridge, I run to the grocery store to pick up a new babe & ROASTTTT HER right away! It’s like I need the security of knowing my butternut is always there. Oy, “my butternut!”. Too cute, I can’t even.
I literally throw this stuff on everything guys!!!! From salads to bowls to casseroles & she’s also simply F-AMAZING on her own! Or!!! GET THIS: Once roasted, boil these babies for 10-15 minutes & then mash the EFFFFF out of them & just like that, BUTTERNUT SQUASH MASH is born & your life mission has just been fulfilled. Seriously guys, this is probs one of the most versatile veggies ever & ergo, this is probs one of the most versatile recipes ever!!! Admit you adore me. K, me too.
Anywho lovies, this is probably also my SIMPLEST, EASIEST & QUICKEST recipe yet, but you would never believe it when you taste these roasted little cubes of wonderfulness! LET ME EXPLAIN.
You will need:
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, halved, seeds removed & cubed (WOAH, I’m making you guys work so hard… BUT IT’S WORTH IT. PROMISE!);
- 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder;
- 1/2 tsp. of smoked paprika;
- 1/2 tsp. of dried oregano;
- 1/2 tsp. of dried basil;
- 1/4 tsp. of chili powder;
- 1/4 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- 1/4 tsp. of organic Himalayan pink sea salt;
- 2 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- 2 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup;
- Splash of lemon juice!
YES, my loves! THAT IS ALL! I wasn’t lying when I said this was simple!!! (Lez be honest, I never lie & I always keep my promises!!).
Now, to make these cubes of wonderfulness! HERE’S WHAT YOU GOTTA DO MY LOVES (Please don’t tell me I’m asking for too much, seriously, SO EFFING EASY! You’re gonna love me forever!!):
- Preheat your oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel, halve, remove the seeds & cut your butternut squash into cubes (Honestly guys, no matter how many times I roast butternut squash & as you can see, I do it A LOT. MAYBE TOO MUCH, I’m always scared to cut my hand off! Like, this stuff is SO HARD TO HANDLE, but it’s worth it! Just be careful, my loves & please don’t call me with a chopped off hand. Call 911. KTHX!).
- Add your butternut cubes (or “butternuts” for short) to a metal mixing bowl & top with ALL DEM SPICES, the olive oil, maple syrup & a splash of lemon juice.
- Toss all this beautiful-wonderfulness together & combine, until all your butternuts are EVENLY coated (Guys, please, your butternuts are so good to you. They’re just so cute. Treat them equally. Don’t make them jelly of each other!!).
- Place your butternuts on the lined baking sheet (DO NOT LAYER THEM). If you must use two baking sheets so you have room to separate them or else they won’t roast properly (AND nobody likes butternut squash when it’s not roasted THE RIGHT WAY, Kay?).
- Bake the babes for 35-40 minutes, flipping once at halfway mark! THIS IS CRUCIAL. DO NOT FORGET TO FLIP! Don’t you want these babes to roast evenly on both sides? Well, then LISTEN TO ME!
- Once baked, allow the babies to cool on the baking sheet(s) & then store in an airtight container in your fridge (BUT AS ALWAYS, I promise. No, I guarantee that once baked, you will be standing over your oven eating directly off the baking sheet & you will not have much to store in that airtight container… SORRY NOT SORRY. Next time babes, double your batch!!!
- DEVOURRRRRRRR!!!! (If you haven’t already!!)
P.S. If you are able to make these cuties last this long, they will stay well in the refrigerator for a week! But I mean… we both know they won’t let. Why be in denial?
OH & FOOOOOOD PORN:
Enjoy my loves!!! & GET CREATIVE!!! XOXO!