- Super creamy & smooth;
- Flavourful A-F;
- FULL of protein & good-for-you fats;
- Totally versatile (Can be used as a salad dressing, a marinade, a dipping sauce… GAH, the possibilities are endless & all you gotta do to switch it from one to the other is add more or less hot water!;
- Super quick, easy & simple to whip up;
- Made with simple ingredients that you most definitely already have in your closet;
- It will literally MAKE YOUR DISH, if you know what I mean.
- BUT MOST OF ALL, IT’S MADE WITH NUT BUTER & THAT SHOULD BE ENOUGH IN & OF ITSELF.
- 1/3 cup of salted raw organic cashew butter OR raw organic peanut butter;
- 1 tbsp. of tamari or soy sauce (LOW-SODIUM, if possible!);
- 2 tsp. of ground ginger;
- 1/4 cup of fresh lime juice;
- 1 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup;
- 1 tbsp. of organic toasted sesame oil;
- 1 tbsp. of hoisin sauce;
- OPTIONAL: 1 tsp. of chili garlic sauce or Sriracha OR 1/4 tsp. of red pepper chili flakes
Add all these beautiful nutty, sweet & savoury ingredients to a small mixing bowl & whisk them all together! You will definitely have to thin the dressing out with a little bit of hot water until it is pourable. All you gotta do is keep adding a bit of hot water until you achieve the texture/consistency that you want! P.S. You can also use this sauce as a marinade for chicken, meat, fish or seafood or even as a dip for fresh or fried rice paper or spring rolls! If you do decide to use it for any of the above (OR ALL OF THE ABOVE, GAHHH!), I would totz. skip the hot water step because you will want to keep the thick consistency from the nut butter as opposed to diluting it!
ET VOILÀ MES AMOURS! Your sauce is READY TO BE POURED & DEVOURED!!!!! OR, DEVOURED BEFORE YOU EVEN HAVE TIME TO POUR IT?
OH BTW, this babe will keep well in the fridge for up to two weeks, BUT LIKE MOST OF MY RECIPES, I can guarantee it won’t last EVEN A WEEK… who am I kidding? YOU ARE DAMN LUCKY IF IT EVEN LASTS AN ENTIRE DAY.
OH & FOOD PORN:
Enjoy my loves!! <3 xoxo!