Hi lovies! <3
This morning, I whipped up what I like to call a “milkshake”, BUT, it’s not actually made with real milk. THE SECRET? ALMOND MILK, DUH! I drink this crack ,oops, I meant stuff, EVERY MORNING in ALL my smoothies. It’s SO freaking good for you & so tasty! (P.S. I will probably attempt making my own almond milk one of these days, so keep an eye out for that! Should be interesting!).
Anywho ladies & gents, I present you my Strawberry, Almond & Date “Milkshake” a.k.a. My-Milkshake-Brings-All-The-Boys-To-The-Yard. If you, like moi, LOVE STRAWBERRIES & will literally PUT THEM ON ANYTHING, then this baby is for you. If you don’t, YOU SHOULD STILL TRY HER. THIS BABE MIGHT CHANGE YOUR MIND (& TASTEBUDS) FOREVER! WHY IS SHE SO AMAZING?
- She’s naturally sweet thanks to the strawberries & the organic dates (a.k.a. SHE CONTAINS NO REFINED SUGARS);
- All while being sweet, she’s nutty AF thanks to the delish & smooth almond milk;
- The texture is absolutely-positively-perfect;
- She’s full of Vitamin C (thanks again strawberries, you da bomb.com);
- AND WELL, SHE IS SIMPLY MAGICALLY DELICIOUS.
This one’s gonna be short & sweet my loves! FOR ONCE. LAWLZ.
So, to get this baby blendin’, you will need:
- 200g (about 1 1/3 cups) of strawberries (You can use fresh or frozen – it all depends on the texture you prefer for your smoothie. I used frozen because I like when my smoothies are LEGIT freezing & have that smooth, creamy texture that you get from frozen fruit. If you are using frozen fruit, MAKE SURE THE INGREDIENTS ONLY LIST THE FRUIT ITSELF, a.k.a. there should be NO ADDED SUGAR whatsoever!);
- 2 organic Medjool dates, pitted;
- 1 1/4 cup of unsweetened organic almond milk (You can totz. sub the almond milk with skim or regular whole milk, coconut milk or other plant-based milks, such as cashew milk or macadamia nut milk!);
- 1/2 cup of ice cubes (You can totz. add more if you feel you still haven’t obtained the consistency or texture you were looking for once this babe is blended. PLAY IT BY EAR!).
OKAY, you don’t actually NEED ME to tell you how to make the smoothie now, do you? WELL, JUST IN CASE, BECAUSE I LOVE Y’ALL:
- BLEND all the ingredients together in a blender until SMOOTH & CREAMY (Keywords: SMOOTH & CREAMY, OKAY?).
- BAM!!!! SIPPPPPPPIN’ ON MA SMOOTHIE, YOU?
FOOD PORN, ANYONE?
Enjoy mes amours! Xx <3