Apple Cinnamon Muffins a.k.a. The- Fluffiest-Little-Babes-That-You-Ever-Did-See-Oops-I-Mean-Devour-Oh-&-Cinnamon-For-Days
Hi lovies! <3
OKAY, this morning, I’m taking you to cinnamon heaven. I also wasn’t sure that it existed, trust me, but then… I combined a bunch of really yummy ingredients & miraculously, these babies came to life. Suddenly, it all became so clear – Cinnamon heaven does exist & it truly is the MOST beautiful place on earth.
Ladies & gents, I present you with my Clean-Eating Flourless Apple Cinnamon Muffins a.k.a. The Fluffiest-Little-Babes-You-Ever-Did-See, which, BY THE WAY, are GLUTEN-FREE & FLOURLESS, DAIRY-FREE & REFINED SUGAR-FREE. What?! Not only are they the best-ever-I-satisfy-(ALMOST)-every-dietary-restriction muffins, but they are also:
- SO SOFT;
- SO FLAVOURFUL;
- SUPER MOIST;
- NUTTY A-F (I <3 you almond butter. You da bomb. Can we be bestie?);
- SWEET & SAVOURY;
- CLEAN & HEALTHY;
- PROTEIN-RICH (Once again, almond butter, you have NEVER failed me);
- Super EASY, SIMPLE & QUICK to whip up;
- Perfect afternoon snack or side with your breaky!;
I know, it really does sound too good to be true, BUT, I would never lie to you my loves. Basically, these muffins are every excuse in the world for you to get off your but RN & do yourself a favour…KEEP A BATCH OF THESE BABIES IN YOUR FRIDGE AT ALL TIMES, a.k.a. GET UP & MAKE ‘EM (Although, I guarantee that once they are there, THEY AIN’T STAYING FOR LONG!);
TO MAKE A BEAUTIFUL BATCH OF 10 (If you like ’em big... WOAH, that sounds supremely wrong but whatevz) or 12 (If you can settle for a normal-sized muffin, BUT I CAN’T #noshame #iwontjudgeyou), you will need:
- 1 1/2 cups of gluten-free rolled oats (quick or old-fashioned oats will work!);
- 3 tbsp. of ground flaxseed (I use Bob’s Red Mill & WE HAVE ALREADY BEEN OVER how FREAKING AMAZING flaxseed is… please tell me you started using it & if you did not yet, for whatever insane reason, THIS RECIPE IS LIKE THE BEST EXCUSE TO START, OK?;
- 2 tsp. of ground cinnamon (GUYS, you cannot, I repeat, you CANNOT, skimp on the cinnamon. If you don’t like cinnamon, sadly, this recipe ain’t for you);
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg;
- 2 tsp. of baking powder;
- 1 tsp. of baking soda;
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 3 eggs;
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil (OKAY, we need to discuss something lovies, I cannot get over my obsession with coconut oil… Is this a problem? I really need your advice, like… I PUT THAT SH*T ON EVERYTHING. OH & in case you were wondering, even though I’ve already told you like 1834897342x, I use Nutiva organic coconut oil);
- 6 tbsp. of raw organic almond butter (… Do not get me started about the beauty that is almond butter. Guys, I never thought I would see the day where I would choose anything OVER peanut butter… & now, suddenly, almond butter has BECOME A VERY CLOSE CALL.. I would actually choose it over peanut butter sometimes. HOLY EFF, I CANNOT BELIEVE I JUST SAID THAT);
- 6 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup or raw organic honey (The battle between maple syrup & honey… honestly, if you ask me, it should NOT even be a question, let alone a battle… MAPLE SYRUP IS ALWAYS THE ANSWER);
- 1 tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract;
- 1 cup of SHREDDED APPLE, lightly squeezed of excess juice (My loves, it’s VERY important that you don’t skimp squeezing out the juice. NOBODY LIKES SOGGY, WATERY MUFFINS, RIGHT? OKAY, so squeeze! Easiest way to do it? Just place a handful of shredded apple between two paper towels & lightly squeeze it over the sink!);
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 cup of raw organic raisins (If you want to add some ‘mo flava & some NATURAL SWEETNESS, ’cause you know, I’m all about them natural sweeteners, raisins are a perfect mix-in for this omg-I-just-got-back-from-apple-picking-&-need-to-bake-something-apple-y recipe!
That’s it my loves! KAY, BUT CAN WE DISCUSS HOW CLEAN, HEALTHY & NUTRIENT-RICH all these ingredients are? Do you see how much I care not only about nourishing my body, but also nourishing all of yours? GAH, love how awesome I am. K, I’m done bragging. Who am I kidding? No I’m not. I’m only done FOR NOW. Muahahaha. So evil.
OKAY, NOW, how do all these beautiful sweet & savoury ingredients come together to form these fluffy little munchkins? LET ME EXPLAIN.
- Preheat your oven to 350F & line a muffin pan with parchment paper liners;
- Add the oats, GROUND FLAXSEED (Hello, my love!), cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda & salt to your blender & process on high for about 10 seconds or until the oats have broken down into the consistency of a fine flour;
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, EXCEPT FOR THE APPLE & process on high for about 30 seconds or until the batter becomes SMOOTH & CREAMY (You might need to stop & scrape down the sides of your blender). Guys, you will DIE, die I tell you, at the sight of this batter. She is absolutely beautiful & smells like heaven;
- NOW, once your batter is perfection, fold in the shredded apple BY HAND (Yes, my loves, you are going to get a little bit down & dirty with this one, BUT IT’S WORTH IT! KAY?!);
- Spoon the batter into your prepared muffin tin, filling each one 1/4 of the way full (NOW, this all goes back to our discussion re 10 vs. 12 muffins. I MADE 10 ‘CAUSE I LIKE ‘EM BIG – YOU DECIDE!);
- BAKE THE BABES FOR 15-18 MINUTES (I baked them for 16, to be precise!), until the tops of your muffins begin to turn golden brown & a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean (Ah, the trusty toothpick trick. GOTTA LOVE IT. WORKS EVERY TIME);
- Guys, as hard as this part will be, PLEASE, allow your muffins to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. I am going to be honest with you, not very many of you will get to the wire rack step with this one, let alone the 10-minute cooling period. GUYS, I ATE ONE AS SOON AS THEY CAME OUT ‘DA OVEN. I have no shame. Please do not judge me. I simply wanted to taste this delicisouness & did not see the point in waiting 10 minutes… LIKE THEY WERE ALREADY WARM & MOIST & BEAUTIFUL A-F. I needed them in my life.
- Once the muffins have cooled (Of course, if there are even ANY LEFT at this point), transfer them to an airtight container & store them at room temperature for up to 5 days, OR FREEZE THE BABES FOR UP TO 3 MONTHS (Ok, so this whole freezing option means something my loves. It means you can DOUBLE THE BATCH & BE TIME-EFFICIENT, so why wouldn’t you?
OKAY, I’m legit waiting for you to bow down to me for providing you with such A HOLY RECIPE, but for now, a thank you will do. LOVE Y’ALL. <3
OH & FOOD PORN:
Enjoy beauties & beasts. AND PLEASE, DO NOT GET MAD AT ME IF YOU ATE THE WHOLE BATCH & HATE YOURSELF RN. It’s not my fault!!!! <3