Hi loves! <3
Ladies & gents, I present you with my Homemade Clean-Eating Vegan Vanilla Bean Banana Ice Cream a.k.a. The-Best-Excuse-To-Why-The-Entire-Tub-Is-Empty-&-You-Ain’t-Even-Mad-Bro. Guys, this soft serve ice cream is so clean & healthy that it makes absolutely no sense that it’s this good. BUT IT IS. There is no heavy cream, no added sugars, it’s fat-free, dairy-free, vegan, raw, paleo & gluten-free. WHAT?!!?!
OH & FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, I do not need to provide you with an SUPER-LONG ingredients list. THERE ARE ONLY THREE (OR FOUR) INGREDIENTS IN THIS BABY, I am not even kidding…
- 2-3 overripe & frozen bananas;
- First off, HERE’S A LITTLE TIP FOR YOU MY LOVES: This recipe is best when made with overripe bananas because they tend to develop a sweet & caramelized flavour as they turn brown.
- 1 tsp. of Vanilla Bean Paste or Pure Organic Vanilla Extract;
- Pinch of salt;
- OPTIONAL: 1/4 cup of milk of choice (regular or plant-based) – see comments below!
K, you’re probably thinking I am insane if I think that those three ingredients are going to create ice cream… right? I know. But, please, give it a shot lovies, TRUST ME. But first, let me tell you how to whip it up:
- Cut 2-3 overripe bananas into large pieces & freeze them in an airtight bag or container;
- Once the bananas are FULLY frozen, toss them into a food processor or a high-quality blender, add a pinch of salt & blend until you achieve a consistency that resembles soft-serve ice cream.
- Now, guys, do not ask me to describe said consistency. We all know what soft serve ice cream looks like… WE’VE ALL BEEN TO DAIRY QUEEN, right? (OMG P.S. I could die for a DQ cookie dough blizzard right now, but I’ll DEFS. settle for this banana ice cream… that’s how good it is. I’m not even sure I would really consider it settling…);
- If you see that your food processor or blender is having trouble processing (a.k.a. the blade is going cray-cray & you are not obtaining that creamy soft-serve texture, add MAX. 1/4 cup of milk of choice (regular or plant-based!).
- Once you get that soft-serve texture, CELEBRATE! Then, EAT IMMEDIATELY. or SCOOP INTO A CONTAINER & FREEZE (If you prefer a firmer banana ice cream texture).
- BUT, let’s be honest, even if you do prefer a firmer banana ice cream, odds are, you will not be able to resist, ergo, you will not get to the freezing step. You will devour the soft-serve straight out of your blender or food processor & you will make a new batch the next day (That’s totally what I did, BY THE WAY! #NOSHAME).
THAT’S IT, MY LOVES. ADMIT THAT WAS SO EFFING EASY. I know. OKAY, but before I show you the FOOD PORN, I was feeling uber-uber creative tonight & i came up with… WAIT FOR IT… OTHER BANANA ICE CREAM FLAVOUR IDEAS, a.k.a. ways you can change up this recipe if you are not a fan of vanilla or if you’ve simply gotten sick of the vanilla flavour after making like four batches in two days & want to try something new (Not sure how you could ever get sick of vanilla, BUT WHATEVZ FLOATS YOUR BOATS!). Here are some fun ideas:
- Chocolate Banana: 1/4 tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract, a pinch of salt & 3 tbsp. of cocoa powder.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup: 1/4 tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, 3 tbsp. of cocoa powder & 2 tbsp. of peanut butter.
- Peanut Butter: 1 tsp. of vanilla bean paste or pure organic vanilla extract, a pinch of salt & 2-3 tbsp. of peanut butter (or even, any other nut butter of your choice!).
- Cookies ‘n Cream: 1 tsp. of vanilla bean paste or pure organic vanilla extract, a pinch of salt & throw in a few crushed Oreo cookies (YOLO!).
- Very Berry: 1 tsp. of vanilla bean paste or pure organic vanilla extract, a pinch of salt & 1 cup of frozen berries of choice;
- Espresso: 1 tsp. of vanilla bean paste or pure organic vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, 1/2 tsp. of instant coffee granules, a handful of chocolate chips & a pinch of cinnamon. THIS ONE IS SO NEXT ON MY LIST.
- Pina Colada: 1 tsp. of vanilla bean paste or pure organic vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, 1/4 cup of canned coconut milk, 1/2 cup of frozen pineapple + a handful of shredded coconut. OMG… OR THIS ONE??? CAN’T CHOSE. I’LL MAKE BOTH.
I KNOW, I’M AWESOME FOR ALL THESE SUGGESTIONS. YOU CAN THANK ME AFTER YOU TASTE THEM. Until then, FOOD PORN:
Enjoy mes amours, xoxo!