My Go-To Detox Salad a.k.a. My-Extremely-Really-Chopped-Good-For-Your-Gut-Salad-With-Oven-Roasted Turkey-Breast-&-Dried-Raisins
Good afternoon lovies! <3
Hope your Monday is going well 🙂 (but I mean… it’s Monday, so I’m guessing it ain’t going too well!). Maybe this BABE will CHEER YOU UP (or make you HANGRY, not only because it’s Monday, but also because you want this salad STAT! IF THAT’S THE CASE, SOWWY IN ADVANCE. Love ya!).
Today, I’m sharing my lunch with you because WELL… IT WAS SIMPLY PERFECTION & I figured you could all use a YUMMY DETOX SALAD after the holidays! (I’m sure that Matzah & all those Mini Eggs have not been easy on your tummies & that you legit feel like you’ve eaten ANYTHING & EVERYTHING IN SIGHT… Oh, the holidays…) See how much I care about you? This happens to the best of us, SO DON’T PANIC! Sometimes, we just need a good old “detox” after a fun-filled weekend (or eight entire days) of delicious food & fun fam dinners. SO, MY LOVES, HERE’S TO DETOXING WITH THIS SALAD. You will be OBSESSED. It’s packed with TONS of nutrients & gives you that extra boost needed to get your bods feeling normal & healthy again. Looks like this babe is going to become a classic, a.k.a. I WILL NEVER EVER GET SICK OF HER & NEITHER WILL YOU.
Let me give you a little recap of this beautiful bowl before we get into the nitty gritty. She is loaded with so many delish veggies & herbs, THINK: broccoli, cauliflower, green cabbage, kale, carrots, parsley & mint. You can imagine how beautiful she comes together when all this wonderfulness is processed in MY BEST FRIEND, THE HOLY GRAIL, MY FOOD PROCESSOR. Legit, you throw EVERYTHING into your food processor, blend away & you are done. Doesn’t get much easier than that, eh?
OH & don’t get me started about the magical vinaigrette I whipped up to go with this babe… I MAY be mildly (OKAY, no, EXTREMELY) obsessed with it… I’ll tell you all about it shortly, PROMISE. But first, I must ramble (OBVI!!!).
Basically, I just want you guys to know how freaking good this salad is for you. It packs an INSANE amount of nutrients (Thank you greens & herbs. Love ya), not to mention a RIDIC amount of protein (Thank you turkey. You da bomb. P.S. I know… I eat A HELL OF A LOT OF TURKEY. Whatevz. Don’t judge me!). Not only is she good for you health-wise (because that’s OBVS. my top priority) BUT, SHE IS ALSO GOOD FOR YOU LAZINESS-WISE. What do I mean? She is so quick, simple & easy to whip up, which basically means that, when you look at your watch (Who are we kidding? Nobody wears watches anymore), oops I mean iPhone, to check the time after NOT MOVING from your bed, repeatedly pressing next on your remote & making Netflix your LIFE & realize lunch time passed like two hours ago, you can whip this baby up in like 10 minutes & you’re back to your BED! How awesome?
OKAY, fine. You want to get back to Netflix. I’ll tell you what you need so you can start whipping her up! INGREDIENTS? Here goes, my loves!:
FOR THE SALAD:
- 2 cups of kale (Oops, cheated on spinach AGAIN. I’m getting really bad at resisting temptation these days… WHAT HAS GOTTEN INTO ME? I USED TO BE SO FAITHFUL!);
- 2 cups of broccoli florets;
- 2 cups of cauliflower florets, ROUGHLY CHOPPED (For once, it doesn’t have to be chopped all pretty & stuff because IT’S ALL GOING STRAIGHT INTO DAT FOOD PROCESSOR);
- 2 cups of green or red cabbage, ROUGHLY CHOPPED;
- 1 cup of carrots, ROUGHLY CHOPPED;
- 1/2 cup of fresh parsley;
- 1/2 cup of fresh mint;
- 2 tbsp. of sunflower seeds;
- 1/4 cup of dried organic raisins;
- 200g of oven-roasted turkey breast (MY ALL-TIME FAVE, in case you haven’t noticed!);
FOR THE MAGICAL VINAIGRETTE:
- 3 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice;
- 3 tsp. of Dijon mustard;
- 2 tsp. of maple syrup (or honey)… BUT AGAIN, WHO THE EFF CHOOSES HONEY OVER MAPLE SYRUP? #yesiamjudgingyou;
- 1 tbsp. of ground ginger;
- 1/4 tsp. of sea salt;
- 1/4 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- 1/4 tsp. of turmeric;
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder;
- 1/4 tsp. of smoked paprika;
- Can you tell I love my spices? IF YOU DIDN’T KNOW, NOW YOU KNOW...
OK, so I told you guys she was easy & quick to make & I swear, I really wasn’t lying. LISTEN, all you gotta do is this:
- Using a food processor, OBVS., process all the veggies until they are FINELY CHOPPED & mix them all together in a large bowl. This might take a few batches… but OMG, when you mix them all together in the bowl… MOST SATISFYING FEELING EVER. NO JOKE.
- Add the sunflower seeds to the food processor & pulse, until ROUGHLY CHOPPED. Mix them in with the rest of the veggies!
- Throw your raisins & oven-roasted turkey into the bowl (AHHH, so yummy!!);
- In a small bowl, WHISK UP all the ingredients for the dressing.. then, then, then, DRIZZLE THE BEAUTIFUL DRESSING over the top of the salad… & MIX (a.k.a. watch this beautiful bowl come together & SIMPLY PUT, MELT);
- NOW, devour!!!!!!!!!!! (P.S. This is defs the type of salad that could stay well in the fridge for a couple of days, so you should SO TOTALLY INCREASE YOUR BATCH SO YOU CAN HAVE LEFTOVERS. Do you know how thankful you will be knowing that you have leftovers of this in the fridge? You will have just devoured an entire bowl & will still feel this uncontrolled urge to have more. Instead of GOING THROUGH THE ENTIRE PROCESS ALL OVER AGAIN, you can just open your fridge & devour some ‘mo. #WINNING #GOALS. Enjoy my loves!!!! Xoxo <3
OH & FOOD PORN ANYONE?:
TELL ME YUO DIDN’T JUST FAINT & YOU ARE LYING. KBYE <3