Morning beauties & beasts! <3 6:35AM, all the way from the my kitch, waddup?
I just whipped up another one of my classic salad dressings & ISN’T SHE BEAUTIFUL? I know… I know… “But how does she come up with these things…especially at 6:30AM?” PASSION, MY LOVES. It’s called PASSION. Anywho, this vinaigrette is so awesome for so many different reasons, I don’t even know where to begin, but I have to!!! LET ME (try to) EXPLAIN.
First things first, GET THIS. SHE IS WHITE & SMOOTH & CREAMY… but… she contains ABSOLUTELY-POSITIVELY-NOT-LYING, NO MAYO & NO EGG! But HOW?!?! You’re tripping out. Admit it. I know. THE SECRET? (I usually try to keep secrets, seriously, you can usually trust me with your deepest darkest ones, but this is one I JUST HAVE TO REVEAL #sowwynotsowwy). BEAUTIFULLY-TEXTURED-SOFT-SMOOTH-CREAMY-GREEK-YOGURT. OH & TONS of other yummy ingredients… but wait, we aren’t there yet! I’m still trying to make you drool (But let’s be honest, I know you already are…).
If I had to describe this babe in just a few words (… Don’t you hate when people ask you to do this? It’s like… I’m a walking dictionary, how do you want me to choose JUST A FEW WORDS?). Fine, again, I’ll try:
- A touch of sweet;
- Simple, easy & quick to make;
- A DREAM COME TRUE? YES!!!! (Gonna contact Merriam Webster today & tell her to make sure to insert this babe as an example under the definition of “Dream“);
OKAY, so it’s really nice & all for me to describe this babe to you, but at this point, you want me to shaddup & you just want to know what you need to take out from your (very clean, JK, I meant, VERY MESSY) pantry SO YOU CAN POUR THIS BABE ALL OVER YOUR LUNCH. Now you’re wondering how I know you so well… right?
OK OK, INGREDIENTS (P.S. This should give you about 1 cup of dressing. 1 cup is n to a lot when you FALL IN LOVE with a salad dressing, so I totz recommend doubling the recipe!)
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice;
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar;
- 1-1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. minced garlic;
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I don’t often use whole-milk Greek yogurt, but for this recipe, I ALWAYS do just because I find that there is a big difference in texture between the low-fat & whole-milk ones… & well, since it’s only 1/2 cup, YOLO!!!)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil;
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill
YES. That’s all mes amours. I swear. How clean & healthy can a salad dressing be though? (Minus the sugar… fine. BUT IT REALLY DOES ADD A SPECIAL TOUCH TO THE DRESSING. I promise… Plus, are you really going to cry about 1.5 tsp.? I certainly hope not people!!!! Think about all the sugar that goes into that Venti Vanilla Latte (with an extra shot of espresso & an extra pump of NOT-THE-SUGAR-FREE vanilla) with Whipped Cream, that you’re about to pick up later… & THEN, juts like that, all your worries about that 1.5 tsp. of sugar HAVE VANISHED. Basically, what I’m saying is, ADD THE SUGAR, OKAY? Thanks!
NOW, you want this dressing to come together because obvs you don’t just want to stare at the ingredients on your counter for much longer… so here goes: IT’S SO EFFING SIMPLE, I ASK MYSELF WHY I AM EVEN TELLING YOU GUYS HOW TO DO IT. But fine, here:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine (You will die as you see the dressing turn into that beautiful-white-creamy-goodness & you will DEFS lick the spatula (Yes, even if it’s 6:30AM when you whip this baby up, but let’s be honest… you don’t wake up that early!!!). Refrigerate until ready to serve. DUH! TOLD YOU HOW SIMPLE IT WAS;
- Now that this baby is ready, USE HER. Pour her over your (I mean, my) most delicious salads, use her as a marinade for fish, seafood or meat or as a dip for crunchy veggies or crispy tortilla & pita chips… GAH, the possibilities are endless my loves. LET YOUR MINDS RUN WILD & IF YOU NEED SUGGESTIONS, YOU KNOW WHERE TO FIND MOI.
DID YOU GUYS ASK FOR SOME FOOD PORN? YEP, THOUGHT SO. *Drumroll please*
NOW, POUR IT UP! LOVE Y’ALL, XX!