Hi again lovies! 9:56AM, Sunday morning – ARE ANY OF YOU UP YET?
Ok, so I know a lot of you are probably not into the whole “throw-some-greens-into-your-smoothie-you-won’t-even-taste-them” thing (And if you asked me like three months ago, I wouldn’t have been uber into the idea either, even though I always ate spinach & other greens in my salads & stuff). BUT, I swear, it really is true. You literally cannot taste any spinach or leafy green remnant in this smoothie & it tastes SUPER SWEET without even adding any additional sugar or sweetener (Thank you pure organic maple syrup, you are so awesomely sweet. No pun intended). You will be shocked & amazed at the fact that there is 1 whole cup of spinach in this baby. Feed it (Drink it? Serve it?) to someone & don’t tell them. They will think they’re drinking a smoothie made entirely of fruits BUT they’ll be getting an extra dose of veggies into their morning breaky without even knowing it.
Basically, this smoothie is DELICIOUSLY CREAMY (Thank you Chia. Thank you Greek Yogurt. Love ya both to the moon), HEALTHY, CLEAN, PACKED WITH NUTRIENTS & IS THE PERFECT START TO YOUR DAY (Yes, even if it’s a Sunday & even if you don’t intend to make said Sunday very productive).
Before I get into the nitty gritty (a.k.a. quantities & ingredients), THINK: Kiwi. Pineapple. Banana. SPINACH. Maple syrup. Chia seeds. Milk. & Greek Yogurt. Did you pass out yet? Guys, THERE IS NOTHING MORE THAT I CAN SAY OTHER THAN THIS BABE IS MOUTHWATERING. Don’t believe me? See for yourselves! Here’s what you need to make two (or one VERY, VERY generous) of these PERFECTLY-GREEN-SMOOTHIES (P.S. We defs need to dedicate a moment of silence to acknowledging how GORGEOUSLY GREEN this babe is):
- 2 cups of fresh baby spinach;
- 1 cup of SLICED kiwi (Yes, my loves, you need to slice the kiwi. You know how I feel about being kind to the blender… right? LOVE YOUR BLENDER! CARE FOR YOUR BLENDER!);
- 1 banana, SLICED (Yep, again!);
- ½ cup of plain Greek yogurt (You can totz. use vanilla Greek yogurt if you prefer!);
- ¼ cup of chopped pineapple (You can use fresh or frozen. If you want your smoothie to have a creamier & smoother texture, go with the frozen pineapple – that’s what I do & it’s HEAVENLY!);
- ¼ cup of milk;
- 1 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup (or honey if you prefer!);
- 2 tbsp. of chia seeds (If you’re not into chia seeds or are simply more into hemp seeds, you can totz. substitute the chia for hemp! & if you’re not a fan of either of the two, throw in some SLICED almonds, cashews or dates!);
Smoothies are like SO EASY to make, my loves. BUT, because I love you & recognize that maybe you are not AS INTO DRINKING YOUR GREENS as I am, I will tell you how to whip this baby up real quick:
- In a blender, combine the spinach, kiwi, banana, yogurt, pineapple, milk, maple syrup/honey & chia/hemp seeds & BLEND ALL THIS BEAUTIFULNESS until smooth! Scrape the sides of your blender, if necessary (If you used the frozen pineapple, you will defs. have some scraping to do, BUT, IT’S WORTH IT – the texture is just incomparable lovies!);
UH, THAT’S IT! Yep! YOUR SMOOTHIE IS NOW BORN…& SHE IS SUCH A NEWBORN BEAUTY. WOAH.
FOOD PORN, ANYONE?
GET SIPPIN’! BISOUS! 🙂