Simply Put, The Best Grilled Chicken EVER a.k.a. Your-New-Go-To-Can’t-Get-Enough-Of-You-Marinade-For-Just-About-Everything
Hello again my loves! <3 I feel like I haven’t stopped today, but I just have so many yummy things up my sleeve to share with you & I feel selfish when I keep them ALL TO MYSELF!!!
Tonight, I prepared a fresh batch of grilled chicken for the rest of the week & I figured it was only fair to share my AMAZING GO-TO marinade with you guys since, lez be honest, we all LOVE a well-seasoned piece (Or, if you ask me, cubes) of grilled chicken! Basically, I know this recipe can (& will be) useful for just about everyone! (Oh & for all those with food restrictions/health concerns, this marinade is egg-free, nut-free, dairy-free & paleo-friendly… UHHH, basically, this marinade is EVERYTHING!). Ladies & gents, I present you with my Simply Put, The Best Grilled Chicken EVER a.k.a. Your-New-Go-To-Can’t-Get-Enough-Of-You-Marinade-For-Just-About-Everything.
For me, it’s all about taking the time to marinate the chicken before grilling it. IT’S SO WORTH IT (I totz. understand if some of you don’t have the time for that & you can still use this recipe & let the chicken sit for about 30 minutes before grilling it. IT WILL STILL BE DELISH, but won’t be the same as if it were marinating all night in the fridge). Personally, what I like to do is prepare my wet rub the night before (a.k.a. TONIGHT) & combine it with the chicken & refrigerate it overnight… I SWEAR, IT MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE. Plus, the marinade takes only like 5 MINUTES (NOT EVEN, if you’re quick in the kitch!) to prepare… so WHY NOT, right?
ANYWHO, “Can she shaddup already? What is this magical marinade she speaks of anyways? It can’t be THAT good…”. Oh, so now you’re underestimating me… Cool story bro. TRY ME! To whip up this hell-of-a-marinade, you will need (OH. BTW, this will give you about 1/4 cup of marinade. If you are using more than 1 to 1 1/2 pounds of chicken breasts or thighs, make sure to increase the ingredient quantities!):
- 2 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- 2 cloves of garlic, MINCED (Yes, I know, you guys hate me when I make you do this, but YOU MUST);
- 1 tbsp. of Italian seasoning (I use Simply Organic. BUT, if you don’t have Italian seasoning, it’s SUPER EASY TO MAKE. You just need to combine dried basil, dried oregano, dried thyme, dried rosemary & dried marjoram. I would do approximately 1 tbsp. of each et voilà! OR, you can just get off your butt & go to the grocery store to pick some up. Whatever floats your boat my loves!);
- 1 tsp. of fine sea salt (I use Maison Orphée);
- 1/2 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- 1/2 tsp. of onion powder;
- 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder (My loves, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, skimp on the turmeric. It MAKES the recipe. It MAKES your chicken. It TRULY is MAGICAL);
- 1/2 tsp. of smoked paprika;
- OPTIONAL: If you want some spice, add 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. of chili flakes! DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT LIABLE IF IT RUINS YOUR CHICKEN BECAUSE YOUR MOUTH IS ON FIYA);
- 1-1 1/2 lbs. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs (I like to cube mine, but you can totz keep them whole if you prefer!).
So I’m pretty sure you all know how to whip up a marinade, BUT, just in case, I’ll give you instructions (See how much I love you guys?):
- Make the wet rub. Place all the ingredients for the rub in a small bowl & whisk to combine (WHISK WELL!!!);
- Put the cubed (or full breasts/thighs) chicken in a glass or ceramic dish or Ziploc & add the wet rub. Turn the chicken in the rub, MAKING SURE THAT ALL THE PIECES ARE VERY WELL-COATED (This is crucial my loves. You don’t want to make some cubes jealous of others. They all deserve an equal amount of marinade, okay? SO TREAT THEM EQUALLY);
- Before you are ready to cook the chicken, preheat your grill pan to medium heat (YES, again, I’m instructing you to cook on medium. NOBODY LIKES BURNT, RUBBERY CHICKEN, kay?);
- Grease the grill pan with some olive oil or coconut oil! Place the chicken on the pan & cook for approximately 5 to 7 minutes on each side, until NO PINK REMAINS in the centre (NOBODY LIKES RAW CHICKEN EITHER, kay?). Remove from the heat & BAM! Your chicken is ready to be devoured. You can either eat it immediately (MOST LIKELY GOING TO HAPPEN, EVEN IF YOU PLANNED TO SAVE IT FOR MEAL PREP) or store it in your refrigerator (BUT, ONLY ONCE IT’S COOLED OFF. But honestly, you most probably won’t get to this part of the recipe anyways… the chicken is probably all gone as we speak… NEXT TIME, MAKE A BIGGER BATCH!).
If you aren’t already in the process of taking out all the ingredients you need to make this BEAUTIFUL CHICKEN, YOU’RE SIMPLY INSANE. GO, GO, GO!!!! Love you all, xoxo! <3.
UPDATE: THESE CUTE LITTLE CUBES OF BEAUTIFUL-EPRFECTION ARE NOW COOKED & READY TO BE DEVOURED (P.S. Is it okay to eat chicken for breakfast?). NOW, here’s DAT RAW EVIDENCE I PROMISED YOU:
I NEED TO KNOW IF IT’S OKAY TO EAT CHICKEN FOR BREAKFAST. I’M SERIOUS. SOMEBODY. ANYBODY. HELP?!