Sweet Potato “Toast” Topped with Goat Cheese, Scrambled Egg Whites & Cherry Tomatoes a.k.a. The-Only-Thing-In-The-World-That-Could-Make-Me-Cheat-On-Ezekiel
GUYS, STOP EVERYTHING YOU ARE DOING. It’s that time. I’m about to tell you about this morning’s breakfast. Yeah, the one I DEVOURED & THAT RENDERED ME BREATHLESS. Literally.
In the spirit of being innovative & stuff on Passover (a.k.a. finding ways to replace my baby the one & only sprouted toast, Ezekiel), I came up with something this morning (at 5:30AM) THAT MIGHT BE EVEN BETTER. Guys, I never thought this day would come. I thought I would always remain faithful to Ezekiel (I really do genuinely love him), but now I am having legit second thoughts. SOMEBODY HELP! Ladies & gents, I present you with my Sweet Potato “Toast” Topped with Goat Cheese, Scrambled Egg Whites, Cherry Tomatoes & Herbs Galore (DUH!) a.k.a. The-Only-Thing-In-The-World-That-Could-Make-Me-Cheat-On-Ezekiel. My loves, for a second, I forgot it was Passover. (Then, when breaky was done, I realized I had to be innovative again for lunch & just like that, my world came crumbling down). LAWL, JK. STILL ON CLOUD 9. THIS WAS FREAKING DELISH.
In just a few words, this breaky is clean, healthy, (Passover-friendly), JAM-PACKED with nutrients, a great alternative to toast (I’ll admit I don’t know if I would’ve discovered her if it weren’t Passover, so thank you Moses for leading our people out of Egypt! Otherwise, I probs would’ve remained faithful to Ezekiel…), gluten-free, yummy & savoury, yet naturally sweet… basically, THIS BREAKY IS SO PERFECT, LEGIT, OMG-YOU-ARE-EVERYTHING-&-I-LOVE-YOU-FOREVER-&-EVER <3.
Oh & this one will make you all UBER-HAPPY, this breaky is SO EASY to whip up & requires only a few simple ingredients! LET ME EXPLAIN:
- 1 extra-wide sweet potato, sliced into four “toasts” (Obvs. how many “toasts” you get will depend on how big/wide your sweet potato is, so gage it as you go, but keep in mind that your sweet potato needs to fit inside a toaster, IN THE SAME WAY A REAL PIECE OF TOAST WOULD. I’m telling you babes, this is legit the closest thing to toast… It really seems TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, but it ain’t).
- 60g of goat cheese (You can totz. substitute the goat cheese for ricotta, Greek yogurt or shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese. If you go with the mozzarella or the cheddar, I would totz. recommend putting your “toasts” in your toaster oven so the cheese can slightly melt. OMG… THE SMELL, THE SIGHT, OF MELTED CHEESE. CAN’T. I CAN’T EVEN);
- 3 egg whites (OR two eggs, if you guys simply NEED YOUR YOLKS!);
- 1 tbsp. of coconut oil (or olive oil if you prefer… BUT REALLY? WHO IN EARTH’S MIND CHOOSES OLIVE OIL OVER COCONUT OIL? #sorrynotsorry, olive oil has no feelings anyways, so whatevz);
- 1 clove of garlic;
- Cherry tomatoes for topping (You can totz. replace the tomatoes with avocado or cucumber if you prefer! Next time, I plan on adding avocado but keeping the tomatoes too because I CAN’T CHOOSE BETWEEN THEM!! Any input my loves?);
- 1/4 tsp. of smoked paprika;
- 1/4 tsp. of freshly ground pepper;
- 1/4 tsp. of garlic powder;
- Pinch of chili powder;
- 1/4 tsp. of dried parsley flakes
- Organic Himalayan pink sea salt to taste.
YES, MY LOVES, THAT IS ALL. Told you the ingredients were clean & super healthy, but I guess you had to see it to believe it!! (WEH, & I genuinely thought you had started to trust me…).
OKAY, now how do all those clean ingredients come together to create the beautifulness that is sweet potato “toast”?!?! Here goes love bugs:
- Slice your raw sweet potato into 1/4-inch (ISH) thick slices;
- Place these babies in the toaster until they are tender & starting to bubble & turn brown! For me, this took 4 times toasting at MAX & then… my kitchen started smelling like sweet potato heaven & as the babes popped up for the last time, they were just the right amount of soft & perfectly browned, A.K.A. they were SCRUMPTIOUS & ready to be topped, THEN DEVOURED!!!!;
- While the babes are toasting, heat a skillet over medium heat, add the coconut oil & the garlic and sauté until your kitchen starts to smell LIKE GARLIC HEAVEN. Add the egg whites & all ‘dem spices (except the parsley flakes) & cook them for 2-3 minutes. Set aside. (P.S. MAKE SURE TO WATCH YOUR EGGS MY LOVES. THEY DESERVE TENDER LOVE & CARE, OKAY? They cook quickly & need to be taken care of, OR THEY WILL DISAPPOINT YOU & BURN, and you will have to restart the process, BECAUSE NOBODY LIKES BURNT EGGS. Muahahaha!);
- NOW THE FUN PART: Spread the goat cheese (or any other cheesy/dairy product of your choosing!) onto your “toasts”, top the goat cheese with the scrambled egg whites (or eggs) & then top the eggs with your cherry tomatoes, avocados, cucumbers or any other veggies of your choosing! Sprinkle your “toasts” with dried parsley flakes & some freshly ground black pepper & BOOOOOM!
I told you it was easy my loves! NOW, ADMIRE THE BEAUTIFULNESS THAT YOU JUST CREATED (for as long as you can resist devouring it), THEN PROCEED TO DEVOUR IT. Oh & then… RUN TO THE GROCERY STORE TO BUY MORE SWEET POTATO FOR TOMORROW’S BREAKY (Because, who are we kidding? Lez be honest, YOU ARE SO MAKING THIS AGAIN!).
IT’S THAT TIME. *Drumroll please*:
Bon appétit loves! Xoxo! <3