Baked Sweet Potato Chips a.k.a. BRB-Busy-Munching-in-Sweet-Potato-Heaven-TTYL-Bye!
Hello again my loves! 🙂
These babies are so EFFING FAB. No joke, they are perfectly crispy, light & flavourful (OH & for all my “Chosen People“, THEY ARE PASSOVER-FRIENDLY!!) All they require is a little bit of olive oil, pure organic maple syrup (or honey, if you don’t swing “maple syrup”, BUT HOW COULD YOU NOT?), lemon juice, freshly ground black pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder & a pinch of sea salt before going into the oven to bake for a couple hours (Yes, my loves, they take two hours to bake, but like… IT’S SO WORTH IT! Plus, I’m sure you can find a time at some point where you are home for at least two hours… This is ONE OF THE ONLY TIMES that I will let you proceed with your Netflix binge while these babes are baking, as long as you pause it halfway through baking time to flip these masterpieces so that they are CRISP ON BOTH SIDES. You don’t want to make one side jealous of the other now, do you? GOT IT? KAY, GOOD!). I present you with my Baked Sweet Potato Chips a.k.a. BRB-Busy-Munching-in-Sweet-Potato-Heaven-TTYL-Bye!
NOT ONLY are these babes perfectly crispy, healthy, clean & lean, but they are also SUPER VERSATILE. You can use them in so many ways! I mean, lez be honest, they are freaking awesome as a stand-alone dish, BUT, BUT, BUT if you want to get creative & stuff, you can also top them with BLACK BEANS (Mmmmmmm fibre!), salsa & cheese for some DELISH NACHOS, you could add them to a sandwich for some serious crunchiness, you could even use them as crouton replacements in all the yummy salad recipes I provide you with on like… A DAILY BASIS… at this point or as a topping for a warm, hearty chilli dish! Honestly, LET YOUR MINDS RUN WILD MY LOVES, the possibilities are LEGIT ENDLESS.
Oh & THIS RECIPE IS SO SIMPLE. Like… if you start complaining to me about the ingredients list, sorry (Not even, actually), but we CANNOT be friends anymore… Like, there is a certain degree of laziness that I will tolerate & this is not it. OKAY? Anywho my loves, you will need:
- 1-2 organic sweet potatoes (Depending on how big you want your batch of chips to be… My suggestion? USE TWO. YOU WILL END UP MAKING A SECOND BATCH LIKE 10 MINUTES AFTER THE FIRST ONE IS READY (& DEVOURED) ANYWAYS, SO BE TIME-EFFICIENT, KAY?;
- 2 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- 1 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup;
- 1 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice;
- ¼ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- ½ tsp. of smoked paprika;
- ½ tsp. of garlic powder
- Organic Himalayan pink sea salt for seasoning!;
YEP, THAT’S IT, THAT’S ALL. I told you… if you try to use excuses & be lazy with me FOR THIS SHORT INGREDIENT LIST… I just might have to kill you. OKAY, fine, fine. Maybe I won’t go THAT FAR. But… seriously, get them ingredients out & DO THIS ALREADY. YOU WILL THANK ME LATER (So will your tastebuds & your tummmmies!).
HOW DO YOU MAKE THESE LOVELY CRISPY MASTERPIECES?
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees & position your oven rack in the center of the oven;
- Rinse & dry your sweet potatoes & slice them as uniformly thin as possible. If you have a mandolin, USE IT to make your life easier (Honestly, it was like 5:30AM & I was way too lazy to take mine out. Yep, even I get lazy sometimes…) OR just use a very sharp knife to get your sweet potatoes super thin (That’s what I did & they are simply perfection!). If your chips are too thick, they won’t get crispy!!!! So please, my loves, slice thin, okay?;
- Toss your sweet potato slices in a metal bowl with the EVOO, maple syrup, lemon juice, ground black pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder & sea salt! (AHHHH, the smell of smoked paprika. JE NE PEUX PLUS! BTW, that’s French for “I CAN’T EVEN”);
- Lay your sweet potatoes out in a single layer on a baking sheet & bake for ABOUT 2 HOURS!!!!! Flip your chips once at halfway point to ensure even cooking. Guys, I cannot stress the importance of this!! It’s not fair if one side is crispy & the other isn’t… come on!! It’s not because I’m a lawyer that I’m obsessed with fairness & stuff. I just don’t like disappointing one side of my sweet potatoes, okay?
(P.S. Dat halfway mark!!!!)
- Remove the chips (oops, I meant, THE MASTERPIECES) once they are crisp & golden brown. Even if some of them look a little softer or more tender in the middle, TAKE THEM OUT ANYWAYS & LET THEM REST FOR 10 MINUTES or so to crisp up… LEZ BE HONEST, WHO ON EARTH IS GOING TO WAIT 10 MINUTES BEFORE EATING THESE BABIES? Just eat them!!!!!!!
- DEVOUR, DEVOUR & DEVOUR SOME ‘MO. Then, make a second batch (Or, if you listened to me & doubled your batch, proceed to DEVOUR YOUR SECOND BATCH)!!!
Now, for the photos of these masterpieces (or should I say for the PHOTOS, WHICH ARE MASTERPIECES, because I took them obvs.):
Je vous aime mes amours! Xoxo, enjoy! 🙂