Good morning (Well now, afternoon!) MY LOVES! You asked & I delivered, DUH! When do I not? Beautiful wonders were born in my kitch this morning, wonders of which I gave you a preview on insta, BUT, now it’s time to reveal DA REAL DEAL (BTW, the babes were born at 6:32AM, in case you wanted to keep a record. Admit it, you don’t understand how my b rain functions & concocts these recipes at that time…I know. Right?).
On insta, I told you guys that the pics spoke for themselves… BUT THEN I TOOK A BITE (RIGHT AFTER THEY CAME OUT OF THE OVEN, OBVS) & now I can say with complete & utter confidence that yes, MY PICS ARE AWESOME, but the bite… the bite… IT SPEAKS WONDERS. IT SPEAKS MILLIONS OF WORDS. IT SPEAKS TO ME. GAH. I’m dead (Oh BTW, I also always taste my recipes before posting them just to make sure I’m not feeding you guys poison & stuff). BUT ANYWAY, all this to say, THIS WAS SO A LOVE AT FIRST BITE SITCH, yet again (This could totz. keep happening & I will never get sick of it. Ever.).
LOVIES, I present you with my Dairy & Gluten-Free PASSOVER Chocolate-Chip Almond Muffins a.k.a. THE-REASON-G-D-LET-OUR-PEOPLE-GO. These babes are healthy, light, airy, slightly sweet, nutty, chocolaty, DAIRY-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, quick & super easy to make & are essentially the PERF treat to enjoy with a coffee, as a side dish with your breaky or as a quick afternoon snack/pick-me-up! Basically, they are E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. & they will NEVER disappoint you or let you down. EVER. So what do you need to MAKE THESE MASTERPIECES? Let me explain (P.S. You will be SHOCKED at how such beautiful masterpieces could be born with the product of such CLEAN & HEALTHY ingredients. It almost makes no sense. But then, it just comes together… & WOAH, JUST WOAH):
- 3 egg whites;
- 1/4 cup of sugar;
- 4 tbsp. of raw organic almond butter, at room temperature (If you guys keep your almond butter in the fridge, take it out at least 15-20 minutes before scooping it!);
- 1/2 cup of almond flour (LITERALLY, THE BEST THING EVER. SO FLAKY. SO FLUFFY. AHHH!);
- 2 tbsp. of coconut oil;
- 1/4 cup of dairy-free chocolate chips (If you guys don’t mind if your muffins are not dairy-free, you can totz. substitute these babies for some semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips!);
- Cooking spray
YEP, my loves, I told you these were made with the cleanest ingredients… & I was NOT LYING. LEGIT, these babes will make you feel GOOD about EATING a MUFFIN. I mean… Lez be honest, I always feel good about eating muffins, but in this particular sitch, you know you’re eating a muffin made with healthy & clean ingredients, which ALSO & MOST IMPORTANTLY, gives you justification (Admit it. You needed it) to eat like 3 in one sitting (Fine, I’m being too modest. I meant, to eat like… the entire batch… in one sitting). Side note: I thought I had taught you well. I told you to start making bigger batches of my recipes to be time-efficient but I guess you failed to listen, YET AGAIN. GOSH.
Usually, I’m good with my words. I wish I could put into words the smell these munchkins brought to my kitchen as they baked… but I’m LITERALLY AT A LOSS FOR WORDS (You guys definitely know that this does NOT happen often, given my rambling problems & stuff). THESE MUFFINS HAVE RENDERED ME SPEECHLESS. YOU WOULD NEVER BELIEVE THESE ARE PASSOVER-FRIENDLY. BUT I SWEAR. THEY ARE.
ANYWHO, now that I’m done rambling (FOR NOW), here’s how to whip these babies up:
- Preheat your oven to 350F & line a muffin tin with liners. Spray your liners generously with cooking spray (VERY necessary lovies, unless you want your muffins to stick to the liners, then you’ll end up eating beautiful crumbly muffins feat. parchment paper. EW);
- Beat egg whites in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until foamy. Add the sugar & beat at high speed until it starts to form stiff peaks (WHAT ARE STIFF PEAKS, you ask? Stiff peaks happen when you beat the eggs and the peak stands straight up with then beaters are lifted from the mixture);
- If you are using chocolate chunks (a.k.a. breaking apart big chunks of chocolate), now’s the time where you CRACK YOUR CHOCOLATE! (I used a big bar of baking chocolate & just chopped it up with a knife! IF YOU’RE LAZY, just use chocolate chips & this step is already done for you lovebugs!);
- In a large bowl, beat the almond butter until it’s soft & creamy. Gradually, add the almond flour & the coconut oil & mix until well combined;
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the almond butter mixture using a rubber spatula. NOW, BEST. PART(Y)., YEP, IT’S ALSO A PARTY: FOLD IN THE CHOCOLATE CHUNKS/CHIPS;
- Spoon about 1 tbsp. of mixture into each muffin liner.
- BAKE THE BABES AT 350F for 20-25 minutes until they are golden brown. I need to b e honest with you; you might end up eating half-raw muffins. Why? BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO WAIT THE WHOLE 20-25 MINUTES WHEN THE SMELL OF THESE BABES TAKES OVER YOUR KITCH. I wish I could say I was exaggerating, but unfortunately, I’m so not!
BASICALLY, these Passover muffins are totz. gonna become a go-to for me even after this NO-CARB-HELL-GET-ME-OUT-OF-HERE (I mean… Passover) is over & done with!!! ONLY SEVEN DAYS LEFT… UH, am I going to survive? Not sure. If you see that I stop posting & rambling… well, you’ll have your answer. BUT UNTIL THEN, I’M STILL HERE. I’M STILL BLOGGING. I’M STILL RAMBLING (LUCKY FOR YOU!), I’M STILL COOKING & BAKING (EVEN LUCKIER FOR YOU!). I’M STILL KELLY IN THE KITCH. SO deal with it, HA!
Oh & OF COURSE, DRUMROLL PLEASE… time to brag about my photography skills:
Enjoy my beauties (& beasts!)! Xoxo! <3