Rise & shine my loves!!! No, but seriously, YOU NEED TO WAKE UP NOW (Yes, I’m waking you up early on a Saturday morning, but I promise you it’s for a good reason). I NEED SOMEONE TO DISCUSS THESE ZUCCHINI PANCAKES WITH STAT, PRONTO, RIGHT NOW. I’m about to devour them. But, somebody, anybody, PLEASE WAKE UP!
P.S. I had actually made some mango & peach overnight oats for breaky this morning but had this INSANE URGE TO EAT, I MEAN, DEVOUR, PANCAKES. So my oats are still chilling in the fridge. Good thing those babes can last up to 3-4 days ‘cause by the looks of it, I’ll be making these pancakes tomorrow too. HOLY CR*P. BRB DROOLING).
Think of these babes for a second: – First of all, how cute are the little green specs of zucchini, ZOMFG – They’re perfectly fluffy, thick yet soft & moist, golden brown, the perfect balance between sweet (naturally sweet, thank you pure vanilla, I love you) & savoury, clean, healthy, easy, simple & quick to whip up & I JUST TOOK A BITE & FELL IN LOVE (a.k.a. This is totz a love at first bite sitch). They are freaking absolutely delicious!!!!! OKAY, I need to focus on these babies & devour them in peace. I promised to share this one with you guys ASAP because if I didn’t… I’d be the most selfish B in town.
P.P.S. My improvising skills are getting better by the day, like WTH, how did I even come up with this wonder? Wish I could tell ya. All I can say is… ZUCCHINI = LOVE.
To make these BEAUTIFUL-FLUFFY-BABIES-THAT-WILL-HAVE-YOU-BEGGING-FOR-MORE, you will need:
- 1 tsp. organic pure vanilla extract (I use Simply Organic);
- 5 tsp. white or apple cider vinegar (As always, I use my babes Bragg’s);
- 1 ½ tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup (I use Decacer brand);
- 2 ½ tbsp. of milk of choice (I used Earth’s Own organic unsweetened almond milk, but you can totz. use regular milk or any other plant-based milk). I am defs. judging you if you don’t use almond milk though… SO LIKE, ask yourself if it’s worth it to be judged… OR JUST USE THE ALMOND MILK!;
- 1/3 cup FINELY GRATED (Don’t be lazy my loves. Your zucchini MUST BE GRATED & MUST BE DONE SO PERFECTLY. Aren’t you always satisfied when you listen to me? That’s what I thought. So do so. You will thank me);
- 1 tbsp. of coconut oil (NUTIVA BABY, I LOVE YOU);
- ½ cup of spelt, white or gluten-free flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour);
- 3 tbsp. of old-fashioned rolled oats (I use Only Oats Gluten-Free Rolled Oats, legit, my fave! I use these babies for all my overnight oats too, btw!);
- ¼ tsp. of cinnamon (Simply Organic, DUH! This is getting quite redundant…);
- ¼ tsp. of salt;
- 1 tsp. of baking powder (I use Bob’s Red Mill. Bob, I legit love you. Like, is there one product that you DON’T make?);
- 2 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup (OR HONEY. OR CARAMEL SYRUP. OR CHOCOLATE SYRUP. OR BUTTER. OR BLUEBERRY SYRUP. OR… omg, the possibilities are endless. My mind is going insane. I’m fantasizing about these babes with chocolate syrup. Guess I really do have to make ’em again tomorrow!!!);
- Fresh berries or other fruit!;
- OPTIONAL: To make these babies even cuter, yummier & fun, you can totally add some chocolate chips to the batter before you make them! I’m defs. gonna try it with choco chips next time but let me know if any of you do!! (PLUS, it’s so easy to justify throwing in some chocolate chips cause like… these pancakes are ESSENTIALLY ZUCCHINI, RIGHT? WE’RE LIKE SUPER HEALTHY & SH*T!).
Guys, can we all agree that the ingredients really cannot get much healthier or cleaner than this? I mean, after all… YOU ARE EATING PANCAKES. AND, I AM GIVING YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO EAT HEALTHY PANCAKES. LOVE ME FOREVER, OKAY? “Ok, here she goes again with the rambling”. NO GUYS, I swear, today, I am making a conscious effort to stop the rambling (As if that’s gonna work…). I just want to stress how I could literally eat a stack of these for breaky, brunch, lunch or din every single day of my life. Like really, I could get used to this… OK OK FINE, I’ll stop. Here’s how to make these lovely fluffy perfect little patties. ZOMFG, I’m in love. Can you tell?
- Whisk together the first 6 ingredients in a bowl (No, I will not list them for you. Yes, you will stop being lazy & scroll up. Thanks, bye!);
- In a SEPARATE bowl (Sorry my loves, you need two bowls for this one. Can’t win ‘em all!), stir together all the remaining ingredients & then POUR THE WET ONES INTO THE DRY ONES (LAWLZ, this part always sounds so funny, I can’t even!) & whisk to form a batter;
- If you guys find that your batter is too thin, which might happen, depending on which flour you choose to use (GOSH, why do I give you guys options? UH, ‘CAUSE I’M FREAKING AWESOME), just add a little extra flour until you get that perfect pancake-y batter… YOU BE THE JUDGE.
- MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THIS RECIPE: Refrigerate your batter for AT LEAST 15 minutes before making this fluffy goodness! (The longer you refrigerate, the fluffier your pancakes will be). SO BE MINDFUL MY LOVES. NOBODY LIKES NOT-FLUFFY PANCAKES (What’s the opposite of fluffy? Somebody get me a Thesaurus).
- Grease a medium skillet & place over medium heat (YES, MEDIUM. AGAIN, DO NOT PUT IT ON HIGH PEOPLE!!). Once the skillet is HAWT, drop on small ladles of the beautiful batter. NOW FOCUS. When the edges of your pancakes begin to look dry, flip those babies & cook for another minute or two before removing them from the pan.
- You might have to re-grease the pan between your batches because you don’t want these babies to stick. If they stick, your pancakes are ruined. And the happiest day of your life will suddenly become the saddest. SO RE-GREASE, MY LOVES.
- GUYS, YOUR BABES ARE NOW READY. THEY WANT YOU TO EAT THEM NOW. WHILE THEY ARE WARM & FLUFFY. SO GO, GO, GO. But first, you might want to compare what they look like to these beautiful photos that I took (Yes, once again, I’ve mastered the art of perfect food pics… Do you blame me? MY DAYS ARE SPENT IN THE KITCH. If I wasn’t a master by now, WELL HOUSTON, I’m calling you again, WE’D HAVE A MAJOR SITCH TO DEAL WITH.
Ok, guys… DRUMROLL… are you ready for this? It might be TOO HAWT TO HANDLE. But whatevz. Here goes:
ENJOY MY LOVES! <3 XX