Mango Banana Maple Smoothie with a Hint of Ginger a.k.a. Sugar-&-Spice-&-Everything-Nice-Smoothie
Morning my loves! <3 Once again, this morning, the beautiful wonder that is this Mango Banana Maple Smoothie with a Hint of Ginger a.k.a. Sugar-&-Spice-&-Everything-Nice-Smoothie went down & IT WAS F-AMAZING (& really, really loud… THANK YOU, BREVILLE BOSS).
Guys, I legit can’t even. This smoothie was FREAKING DELISH. LEGIT, the GINGER is everything (Did I mention that it has anti-inflammatory properties? Well if not, now I did, a.k.a. IF YOU ARE FEELING BLOATED, IT WILL DE-BLOAT YOU. I swear. I speak from first-hand experience. Side note: People recovering from an ED (almost) ALWAYS feel bloated (I feel more like a sumo-wrestler, but whatevz), so ANYTHING ginger has been super, super helpful in helping me cope with that. IF YOU LIKE GINGER (Or simply cannot zip them fat pants because you are bloated), this smoothie will literally make you MELT (No pun intended, catch my drift though?).
WHAT’S BETTER is that the ingredients are SUPER CLEAN & HEALTHY. Hold on, I’m getting there people! (Let me ramble, it’s my therapy!! OKAY?), not to mention, this baby is SUPER CREAMY, the texture is legit PERFECTION. Okay, you’re dying. It’s 10:30 AM & you want to make her already & well, I pity you. ALL THIS TO SAY, HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED MY LOVES:
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened frozen mango (MMMMM);
- 1 frozen banana (SO CREAMY);
- 1 cup of unsweetened organic almond milk (I use Earth’s Own organic unsweetened almond milk);
- 1/2 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup (I use Decacer brand);
- 1/2 tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract (I use Simply Organic);
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. of ground ginger (I use Simply Organic) – If you LOVE ginger like moi, go for the full 1/2 tsp. You won’t regret it!!! If you’re not A SUPA FAN LIKE ME, but still want to get rid of that bloating, then go for the 1/4 tsp. WHATEVER YOU DO, DON’T SKIMP ON THE GINGER, PEOPLE.
- AND WAIT FOR IT… THE BEST PART OF THE ENTIRE SMOOTHIE… 1 tbsp. of ORGANIC WHOLE GROUND GOLDEN FLAX SEED MEAL. “But is she okay in the head? What the hell is that & why is she so excited about it?”. BEFORE YOU JUDGE ME, LET ME EXPLAIN. P.S. Flax, I love you forever <3. OH, before I get into the nitty gritty of this amazing old, just so you know, I (obvs) use Bob’s Red Mill.
Ok, so THE NITTY GRITTY OF FLAXSEED, a.k.a. my BFF Flax:
FIRST, A PIC:
- Flax is full of omega-3 essential fatty acids, lignin’s and FIBRE!!!!! (HELLO, FIBRE).
- What are omega-3s? They are essentially “good” fats that have a lot of heart-healthyeffects. JUST TWO TBSP. of flaxseed meal will provide 2430 mg of omega-3s A.K.A. LOAD UP ON FLAX TO KEEP YOUR <3 HEALTHY!
- Lignans (Yes, I too, had no idea what these were, until I started learning more about health) contain both plant estrogen & antioxidant qualities, and flax actually contains 75 to 80 times more lignans THAN ANY OTHER PLANT FOOD!! A.K.A. FLAX WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH ANTIOXIDANTS #WINNING;
- Lastly, BUT BEST OF ALL, flax is SUPA HIGH in dietary fibre, containing both soluble and insoluble fibre… YOU ALL KNOW THE BENEFITS OF FIBER, RIGHT? I don’t think I need to go into the deets… but since it’s TMI, message me privately if you wanna discuss the nitty gritty of fibre! (I’m super open & stuff!).
- OH & flax is also a VERY powerful NATURAL cholesterol controller (So for all of you who eat like a carton of eggs per week…LOAD UP ON YOUR FLAX! COUNTER THOSE EFFECTS, KAY?).
- Flax also has this INDESCRIBABLE NUTTY FLAVOUR & ADDS CREAMINESS to smoothies, baked goods & really, any meals to which you want to add an extra nutritional punch! GUYS, ONCE YOU GO FLAX, YOU NEVER GO BACK.
OK, NOW THAT WE HAVE THAT DOWN-PACKED (Admit I taught you a thing or two & you just added Golden Flaxseed to your grocery list for this weekend, right? If you didn’t, YOU ARE MOST CERTAINLY ON SOMETHING), I give you permission to blend all the beautiful ingredients listed above & to finally START SIPPING!!!!!!
BUT, BUT, BUT, BEFORE YOU DO, CAN WE ALL JUST DISCUSS HOW BEAUTIFUL SHE IS?:
ENJOY MY LOVES!! <3 xoxo! So happy it’s the weekend so I can post post post & post more yumminess for you guys! Muah!