Guys, I’m gonna ask you a very important question & I need an honest answer? Is my recent obsession with any-kind-of cookie dough unattractive? I hope not… because that would suck. Honestly, like I don’t think I could really stop. Honestly, I’ve realized that enjoying my food (ALL OF IT, EVERY BITE) is os much more important than what people think of me. So Whatevz. I’m just gonna get back to my cookie dough, BUT I STILL WANT AN HONEST ANSWER.
ANYWAYS, I had some bananas in my fruit bowl that were like turning brownish. They were reaching that stage of I’m-about-to-go-bad-but-not-yet-so-use-me-and-fast. SO THAT’S WHAT I DID BABY. How did I use them, you ask? But really, could the answer be more obvious THAN TO WHIP UP BANANA COOKIE DOUGH (not to mention, in less than 5 minutes *taps shoulder*. Yes, YOU READ RIGHT. Banana cookie dough in less than five minutes FOR THE WIN, people!!!!!! Think caramelized banana…. cinnamon… coconut flour… WHATTTTT!!! What the F are ou waiting for people? GO MAKE THESE NOW. (Oh wait, but first, I need to tell you how to make them, right? Kk, fine. I’M ON IT).
I made this baby (a.k.a. THE COOKIE DOUGH) then rolled it into cute little balls (or bites… however you wanna say it. I agree that “balls” doesn’t really sound proper…) et voilà!!! BTW, these babies are vegan, grain-free & low carb!
OK, WHAT DO YOU NEED? (Kelly, shut up already. Tell them what to do!! They’re getting annoyed!). BTW, before I list the ingredients, you should get about 10 balls (bites?). If you want MORE (& YOU WILL), double, triple, quadruple, basically, MULTIPLY YOUR INGREDIENTS.
- 2 tbsp. of organic coconut flour (I use Nutiva organic coconut flour);
- 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon (Substitute with nutmeg if you prefer!);
- 4-6 tbsp. of unsweetened (or vanilla) organic almond milk OR any other milk of choice (cashew, macadamia, hazelnut, regular, skim – POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS MY LOVES!);
- 1 BANANA SLICED (DUH!!!!) – Like, obvi you need the banana. It’s the base of this baby.
- 2 tsp. of coconut sugar (or any other sugar, or sugar substitute. Guys, do yourselves a favour. USE REAL SUGAR. Don’t substitute for this recipe. Cookie dough NEEEEEEDS to be sweet);
- 1 tsp. of any other form of sweetener (I used Simply Organic pure vanilla extract, but you can also use maple syrup or honey or simply MORE SUGAAAAA!).
OK, NOW that all your ingredients are perfectly laid out & measured on your VERY CLEAN counter (LOLZ, who are we kidding? I legit make the BIGGEST mess when I cook/bake. Like it’s just part of the process, people. So don’t be ashamed. HAVE FUN IN YOUR KITCHS!!), HERE’S HOW TO WHIP THIS BABY UP:
- In a small skillet sprayed with some organic coconut oil (or any other nonstick spray OR DA REAL DEAL – SOME BUTTAH) over medium-high heat (DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT PUT IT ON HIGH – your sugar will burn baby), melt your sugar.
- Once your sugar is completely dissolved, ADD IN THEM BANANAS & cook them until they are browned & caramelized & beautiful & your kitchen smells like HEAVEN. ON. EARTH. LEGIT. Flip them once!
- Take your bananas off the heat & MASH THEM!!
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut flour (The smell. I can’t) & cinnamon. Add in the mashed banana & sugar mixture & stir until it becomes all beautiful & crumbly (& you want to EAT IT LIKE NOW, but RESIST. PLEASE. WE’RE ALMOST THERE).
- MOST IMPORTANT PART: Stir in the almond milk (or other milk), BUT ONLY ONE TABLESPOON AT A TIME. AND STOP, YES I SAID STOP, adding the milk once you obtain cookie dough texture. Don’t add too much at a time or you will end up with watery, soggy dough. EW. You will have to restart the recipe & your stomach will not be a very happy camper (*hears growling*).
- Once you obtain your cookie dough consistency (a.k.a. YOU ACHIEVE THE ULTIMATE 100), add your sweetener of choice.
- NOW, roll this baby into balls (bites?), FREEZE THEM UNTIL FIRM (LAWLZ!) & PROCEED TO EAT THE ENTIRE BATCH IN HIDING. Tell your bf/gf/hubby/wifey/fiancé(e)/kiddies etc. that the recipe did not turn out and that you had no choice but to throw everything out & now you don’t have anymore ingredients… Oh well. Better luck next time! (Oh, then make a new batch when they leave the kitchen & repeat this step over and over again).
ALL THIS TO SAY. THESE BANANA COOKIE DOUGH BITES = LOVE FOREVER & EVER. OH & can we talk about how freaking cute they are? ENJOY MY LOVES!!