Homemade Almond Butter a.k.a. Everything You Ever Dreamed Of in a Mason Jar
OKAY, I have withheld this recipe from you guys for long enough. I completely acknowledge that you guys have been waiting very, very patiently & as a token of my utmost appreciation, I now present you with my Homemade Almond Butter a.k.a. Everything You Ever Dreamed of in a Mason Jar (I swear guys, this is a DREAM. COME. TRUE.).
It all started one Sunday morning in my kitch (obvs) in an attempt to tweak the ALREADY F-AMAZING Maranatha Raw Almond Butter. I wanted something not too vanilla-y & not to cinnamon-y with a hint of maple, a.k.a. just the right amount & perfect balance of all three of these beautiful ingredients, all while keeping the beautiful, thick, creamy & rich texture of the almond butter. So, like, I whipped out my blender, used my imagination (which, I LET RUN WILD, every now & then, you know?) & whipped this baby up. AND I NEVER LOOKED BACK.
I literally make a fresh jar of this every Sunday morning & use it all week, seriously. I use it every day guys. You will too. I promise. I put this sh*t on EVERYTHING from fruits, to granola bars, to oats, to smoothies, to muffins (Please see posts for Ooey-Gooey Blueberry Muffins, as well as Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins – These will make you melt, literally… plus, if you add the almond butter, you will LITERALLY GAH, I don’t even know what word to use, what is the right word for MORE THAN MELT?), to crisp breads/toasts/bagels and ANY & ALL OTHER FORMS OF CARBS (I love you). OH, um, also, BY THE SPOONFUL (it’s totz. the new Nutella, I swear). Essentially, this almond butter has become a separate food group for me (Perhaps I should contact the FDA & let them know that they should modify their food guidelines, what do you think? Let me know once you try it.)
Let me describe this almond butter to you (as best I can, because you really only get the full experience once you taste this baby):
- Creamy, smooth & buttery
- Just the right amount of vanilla, cinnamon & maple (Sugar & spice & everything nice, you know?)
- Delicious AS F&CK
- Thrown together in NO TIME (as long as you know where in your pantry your ingredients are… otherwise, if you gotta search for ’em, give yourself like, a few more minutes, BUT STILL. SO SIMPLE & EASY)
- Long-lasting in the fridge (but won’t last. Swear. I have to make a new batch every week, so like, why wouldn’t you?)
- VERSATILE. Works with anything & everything, on anything & everything. It’s just A MUST
- If you are creative (like moi, lawlz JK), you can actually customize this almond butter in any way you want. What do I mean? Well, instead of cinnamon, you can use nutmeg. You can add maple flakes, almond extract, coconut extract, shredded coconut, melted chocolate, melted caramel, GAH. THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS. I’m giving myself ideas right now & am so tempted to get up to make another batch, a chocolate or caramel version of this baby, to be precise. Should I do it? HELP!
- If you need to make this nut-free, you can sub the almond butter with sunflower seed butter (which, by the way, is becoming super trendy these days) & regular milk (a.k.a. a non-nutty milk);
Are you excited yet? Tempted? Drooling? Salivating? ALL OF THE ABOVE? I hope so. I know so. 🙂
Unlike some of my other recipes, the ingredients list for this baby is like non-existent, a.k.a. it only contains FIVE, YEP. YOU READ RIGHT. FIVE INGREDIENTS & they are… DRUMROLL PLEASE:
- 3/4 cup of natural raw organic almond butter. I used Maranatha Organic Raw Almond Butter, but there are SO MANY brands out there so use what you have (no-waste policy in effect) or LET YOUR IMAGINATION RUN WILD (P.S. if you’re not a fan of almond butter or have a nut-allergy, you can totz. sub the almond butter with any other nut butter or nut-free butter, for that matter!);
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I used Silk brand – so yummy!);
- 1 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup (Trying out a new brand, since I uhm… finished my Decacer Organic Maple Syrup. This one is Shady Maple Farms Organic Maple Syrup, Canada Grade A);
- 1/4 tsp. of cinnamon (I used Simply Organic);
- 1/2 tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract (I used Simply Organic).
THAT’S IT MY LOVES. REALLY. I SWEAR.
OKAY, now the EVEN SIMPLER part:
Add your almond milk, followed by your almond butter, maple syrup, cinnamon & vanilla extract to your babe, a.k.a. your blender. Blend until smooth consistency is obtained THEN, use a spatula to pour this beautifulness into a mason jar, proceed to lick the spatula, THEN DEVOUR THE ALMOND BUTTER (or store it in the fridge until you are ready to eat it). But like, who is actually going to just close the mason jar & store this in the fridge after making it? If you do, I don’t really know why you made it in the first place. This baby is made to EAT. NOW. RIGHT NOW. Whip up your breaky. Don’t be a fool. Don’t refrigerate it yet. DEVOUR.
(This did not even require bullet points or a step-by-step… see how easy it is? You will not believe a recipe this good could be this easy. I swear. I am not even exaggerating).
P.S. How freaking cute are my JARS?!?!? I KNOW, RIGHT? I labelled the jar heaven just in case one day, my head is in the clouds & I forget what this baby tastes like… BUT, ODDS ARE, I WILL NEVER FORGET. IT’S JUST TOO GOOD. TOO PERFECT. IT’S LIFE. Enjoy my loves! BISOUS!