OK. After several requests from you, my loves, for quick & easy recipes containing fish or meat, I present you with my Curry & Coconut Mahi-Mahi (which, by the way, took me not even 20 minutes to whip up!!!! a.k.a. it’s perfect for all you working mamas & ambitious businessmen – this one’s for you after a long & rough day at work).
This dish is light, yet creamy, fresh, clean, protein & nutrient-packed, super healthy, tasty, savoury & every other adjective in the book to describe a dish that makes your kitchen smell like the beauty that is INDIAN FOOOOOOD. My kitchen literally smelled like India as I whipped this dish up, but hey, no complaints.
In case you guys were wondering what I mean when I say that this dish is PROTEIN-PACKED, the mahimahi filet contains a WHOPPING, WAIT FOR IT… 15g of protein!!! Like, how freaking awesome is that??
ANYWAYS, YOU WILL FEEL ALL THE FEELS (& I mean, all of them) when you twist these perfect noodles around your fork & delve into the flaky beauty that is this mahi-mahi filet.
OH & CAN WE JUST TALK ABOUT COCONUT MILK FOR A SEC? It’s literally LIFE. You have no idea what a creamy texture it added to the curry. BEST PART? I used the light version & it was STILL CREAMY. DREAM. COME. TRUE., REALLY. OKAY, I WILL SHUT UP NOW. Time to tell you what you guys need & how to make this baby. Or, you might just starve & I, OF ALL PEOPLE, WOULD NOT WANT THAT (#recoverymodeon).
To whip this up, you will need:
- 1 mahi-mahi filet, about 150g (or 5 oz.) (If you don’t have mahi-mahi or simply prefer another type of white fish, LET YOUR MIND RUN WILD PEOPLE. I GIVE YOU PERMISSION, but only for this part of the recipe, so choose wisely please);
- 1 tbsp. of coconut oil (As always, I use Nutiva Organic coconut oil. I do also have my side babe, as discussed, Naked Coconuts organic coconut oil, but I really really feel guilty when I cheat on Nutiva, so I try not to do it very often);
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk (I use Earth’s Choice Organic Coconut Milk);
- 1/4 tbsp. of corn starch (I use Bob’s Red Mill);
- 1 tsp. of curry powder;
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder;
- 1 garlic clove, minced;
- 40g of shredded carrot;
- 50g of julienned zucchini;
- Organic Himalayan pink sea salt & ground black pepper for seasoning.
SIMPLE, RIGHT? I KNOW. Catering to my followers’ needs & stuff. I’m so awesome, eh? 😛
NOW, how do you take all these simple ingredients & whip up the beauty that is this coconut curry? LET ME EXPLAIN.
- Boil the noodles of your choice according to the package directions.
- Combine the coconut milk, curry powder, garlic powder, fresh garlic & cornstarch in a bowl. Add salt & peppa to taste (to your liking!). Set aside.
- Season your fish with organic Himalayan pink sea salt, ground black pepper, curry powder & garlic powder (The amounts are not included in the ingredients list. Just sprinkle a bit of each on the filet before you cook it, to your liking! I LOVE SPICES, SO MY LIKING = SPRINKLED SPICES EVERYWHEREEEE).
- Heat your coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once heated, cook your fish for about 4-5 minutes per side. WATCH YOUR FISH PEOPLE. Don’t let it burn. (P.S. If you chose to use a different white fish & if the filet is thinner than mahi-mahi, which is actually relatively thick, you may find that you need to cook your fish for less time, so BE THE JUDGE PEOPLE & if you don’t trust yourselves, trust me & use the mahi-mahi).
- Once cooked, set the fish aside.
- In the same skillet, sautée your veggies until they are cooked, BUT STILL CRUNCHY (CRUCIAL). This shouldn’t take more than 2-3 minutes.
- NOW, THE BEST PART & the part that will make your kitchen smell like HEAVEN ON EARTH, LEGIT: Add the coconut milk mixture to the veggies & bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low & let simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- NOW, BRING IT ALL TOGETHER (GAHHHH, SO EXCITED!): Lay your mahi-mahi on your bed of noodles & TOP THIS WONDERFULNESS with the curry & coconut sauce & veggies. ZOMFG. It’s so beautiful. I can’t even.
WHY YOU SO PRETTY? (This one needed a close-up… I MEAN…):
Enjoy my loves! Xoxo! <3