Strawberry Banana Green Smoothie (a.k.a. Heaven in a Glass or… a Mason Jar if You’re Hipster & Stuff)
GUYS. GUYS. This is SMOOOOTHIE HEAVEN. What is it you ask? The literal description: Strawberry Banana Green Smoothie. Already drooling? I KNOW, RIGHT? WAIT TILL I DESCRIBE THIS BABE. OK, listen up. This simple smoothie is packed full of nutrient-filled greens, BUT (& as always, there is a but), the only thing you will taste is sweet strawberry banana heaven, bliss, goodness, perfection & all that other pretty stuff.
For my greeeeens (#eatyogreens), I used spinach. but you can totally use kale if you prefer. I just prefer the mild taste of spinach & was afraid the kale would be too harsh with the sweetness of the strawberries & banana. PLUS, I did tell you guys that I am madly in love with spinach, right? I don’t want to cheat on spinach with kale. I can’t bring myself to do it.
NOW, let’s break this baby down. Strawberries will provide you with ANTIOXIDANTS & WAIT FOR IT… ANTI-INFLAMMATORY NUTRIENTS (just like my other babe, turmeric). So like really, can you go wrong??? GUYS, make this perfect delicious concoction tomorrow morning with my Perfectly Runny Eggs on Spicy Tomato Jam & Sautéed Spinach & Crispy Toast (which I also just posted this morning!) tomorrow morning!!!!
I sweetened this baby with a Medjool organic date & of course, liquified dat sh*t with organic unsweetened almond milk (Because how could I not? Feel free to LET THE MIND RUN WILD & change it up if you don’t like almond milk – coconut, cashew, regular, skim, macadamia – ALL WILL WORK!). & BOOM. HEAVEN IN A GLASS (or if you’re hipster & stuff, heaven in a mason jar LAWLZ).
OK, how do you make this baby? Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, first let me tell you what you need:
- 1 banana, peeled, chopped and FROZEN (It is CRUCIAL, yes I did say, CRUCIAL, that your banana be chopped & FROZEN for this smoothie or you won’t obtain the right texture. AND TEXTURE IS EVERYTHING, OKAY?);
- 4 fresh strawberries;
- 1.5 cups of spinach or baby kale (if you prefer, but like… SPINACH IS BETTER!!);
- 2 Medjool organic dates, pitted (aka TAKE OUT THE PIT). P.S. I use Prana brand!;
- 1.5 cups of COLD (MAKE SURE IT’S COLD) organic unsweetened almond milk (I use Earth’s Own Organic);
- OPTIONAL: Add more milk if you find the smoothie is too thick or throw in some ice cubes.
NOW, MAKE THIS BABY. TAKE OUT YOUR BLENDER (I have the Breville Boss & it’s so badass!).
- Place all ingredients in a blender & blend until very smooth and desired consistency is obtained! (P.S. If you want to be kind to your blender, because you love it & sh*t, rip your Medjool date up a bit so that your blade doesn’t have to work too hard LAWLZ);
- POUR INTO A GLASS & SIP ON THIS BEAUTIFULNESS.
YOUR HEAVEN IN A GLASS (OR MASON JAR) SHOULD LOOK LIKE THIS. If you get this one wrong… GOOD LUCK WITH THE REST!!! Love ya!