Perfectly Runny Eggs on Spicy Tomato Jam, Sautéed Spinach & Crispy Toast a.k.a. Breaky Heaven
Hi lovies! Good morning 🙂 Thought I’d wake you all up with the fantasy of the most perfectly perfect runny egg. I don’t know about you guys, but cooking a perfect egg is like one of THE. MOST. SATISFYING. things ever for me. Like, legit, if my egg is overcooked, I’ll throw it out & make a new one. I SWEAR. Pathetic, right? (It’s that perfectionism kicking in again, I’m telling you).
NOW, a perfectly runny egg COMBINED with my all-time fave green – SPINACH (I am crazy about YOU) – is just a lethal combination & by lethal, I mean so good, too good, VERY DANGEROUS because I will eat the ENTIRE recipe in like… a minute? Not only do I like LOVE spinach because it’s SO DAMN GOOD, but it’s actually so good for you & contains TONS OF IRON to support & nourish that body.
This breaky is SO EASY to put together. It’s dairy-free, refined-sugar free & vegetarian & can TOTZ. be gluten-free, depending on what bread you decide to use (There are so many good gluten-free options out there these days, that you might just end up choosing the GF bread over the regular one. I SWEAR PEOPLE. I DON’T LIE. REALLY).
HOW DO YOU PUT TOGETHER THIS PERFECT BREAKFAST CONCOCTION? You will need:
- 1 tsp. of organic olive oil (I use Maison Orphée);
- 200g of spinach;
- 1/2 tsp. of onion powder;
- 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder;
- 2 slices of sprouted toast (You can use any toast you want here. This is the part of the recipe where I let your IMAGINATION RUN WILD. So have fun with it – white, whole-grain, sprouted etc. If you prefer, you can even use an English muffin, baguette or panini bread – SERIOUSLY, BREAD IS SO GOOD. THERE ARE TOO MANY OPTIONS. TBH, you will probs. be making this breaky so often (cause of just how simple & delish it is) that you’ll have the opportunity to try it with different types of bread anyways);
- 1-2 tsp. of coconut oil (MY BABE – As always, I use Nutiva Organic coconut oil or my side-chick, wait, did I just give that away… like did I just tell you guys I was cheating on Nutiva with Naked Coconuts? GAHHH. OOOPS. I mean, now that it’s out in the open…);
- 2 large eggs;
- 1 tbsp. of my SPICY TOMATO JAM SPREAD (I posted this baby a couple days ago. MAKE IT. KEEP IT IN YOUR FRIDGE. SPREAD IT ON THE TOAST. OK?);
- Fresh dill & cilantro for garnish!
- Organic Himalayan pink sea salt & freshly ground black pepper for seasoning (YOU KNOW I LOVE MY SPICES, so I won’t tell you guys how much to sprinkle here. If it were up to me, I’d sprinkle the entire shaker, but like… SODIUM? Do I care? Not sure,).
NOW, I know you’re hungry, so let me tell you how to whip this up. You’ll bee eating in no time, I swear. Patience is a virtue, please calm down. I know, your tummy is rumbling. IT’S ALMOST DAT TIME. K here goes:
- Heat up 1 tsp. of organic olive oil in a skillet. Add the spinach, onion powder & garlic powder and sauté for about 2-3 minutes until the spinach looks wilted & softened. Take off the heat & DRAIN IT well. NOBODY LIKES WATERY SPINACH (especially when it’s about to be topped on perfectly toasted sprouted bread… like do you want to make your bread soggy? Didn’t think so… SO LISTEN TO ME.
- Toast your bread (or other form of yummy, perfect CARBBBBB).
- SPREAD MY SPICY TOMATO JAM ON YOUR TOAST. ZOMFG. IT’S BEAUTIFUL. Ahhhhh!
- Divide the spinach equally on top of the toast (AGAIN, IF YOU DIDN’T DRAIN IT, your toast will turn soggy. you still need to cook them eggs. BE SMART, PEOPLE, BE SMART.
- For the eggs, heat up the coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Crack the eggs, one by one into the pan & fry over LOW-MEDIUM HEAT (very important, DO NOT FRY ON HIGH HEAT – your eggs will burn. they will not be perfect. they will not be runny. your worst nightmare will come true) for about 5 minutes. Season with SALT & PEPPA & take off the heat while the egg yolk is still runny (THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE RECIPE, so people, keep an eye on DAT YOLK – the eggs need to cook on low heat so that they cook evenly, or else, THE BOTTOM WILL BURN, the top will be raw, then you’ll overcook the yolk GAH, you’ll be angry, very very angry).
- Place the beautiful runny eggs on top of the spinach & serve. Garnish with some fresh dill & cilantro & MORE HERB-Y DELICIOUSNESSSSSSS.
OK, I HAVE A TIP FOR YOU GUYS. DON’T FEEL OBLIGED TO FOLLOW IT, but like, if you don’t, you’re insane. Cut into the runny beautiful egg yolk & SPERAD IT ALL OVER YOUR BREAD. SO GOOD, GUYS.
See how nice I am? I thought of you guys & gave you a breakfast recipe to make this weekend. DO IT GUYS. It’s so quick & easy so when you get out of bed at NOON tomorrow & you’re STARVED, you can whip this up in NO TIME. THIS WILL PREVENT YOU FROM BEING HANGRY… I MEAN, HUNGRY, FOR TOO LONG! No but seriously guys, this recipe is PERFECTION, If like me, you can’t resist runny yolky eggs, THIS ONE IS PERFECT FOR YOU. PERFECTLY PERFECT PERFECTION.
BY THE WAY, your plate should look like this (If it doesn’t, well… I’m sorry).
ENJOY MY LOVES! XX