Hi lovies! OKAY, so I posted this one on Instagram this afternoon & got tons of questions/positive feedback about it. EVERYBODY WANTS TO MAKE IT. So, since I care about all my followers (a.k.a. YOU PEOPLE), I decided to post it (even though I have so many more recipes up my sleeve that I can’t wait to post!). Essentially, this salad is pure goodness. What is it, you ask? Roasted asparagus, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper & beets on a bed of fresh spinach & cilantro topped with fine herb organic goat cheese, oven-roasted turkey breast (#eatyoproteins), dried cranberries & organic sun-dried tomatoes & seasoned with a lemon, dill & garlic vinaigrette. SO MUCH DESCRIPTION. I know. But, I have to, plus LONG NAME, AMAZING RESULTS (I crack myself up sometimes, I swear). You guys have to know about all the yumminess contained in this salad. I know you’re drooling. DON’T LIE TO ME.
This is honestly the perfect light & fresh lunch. It’s packed with tons of plant-based nutrients & protein. By the way, on a side note, did I mention that I recently developed an insane obsession with goat cheese? LIKE OBSESSION. I can’t get enough of the creaminess that it adds to salads, like WOW.
ALSO, for all you busy mamas & ambitious working ladies who asked me for some quick & easy recipes, this one is definitely one for the books. One great thing about it is that you can even roast your veggies the night before if you won’t have time do so at lunch time. They will keep well in an airtight container in the fridge, as long as you refrigerate them only once they’ve cooled off.
TO MAKE THIS BOWL OF FRESH GOODNESS, you will need the following:
- 2 tbsp. of melted coconut oil;
- 1/4 tsp. of cracked black pepper;
- 1/2 tsp. of organic pink Himalayan sea salt;
- 1/2 tsp. of organic garlic powder (I use Simply Organic);
- 50g of beets, roasted (Roast your beets ahead of time. Roasted beets can keep well in the fridge for at least a week, so I always keep some in a Tupperware for when I want to add a nice punch to my salads or side dishes!);
- 60g of cherry tomatoes;
- 70g of spinach;
- 30g of bell pepper;
- 90g of asparagus;
- 20g of organic goat cheese (If you don’t like goat cheese, ricotta, parmesan or freshly grated mozzarella would be great too!);
- 30g of oven-roasted turkey breast (If you prefer chicken, seafood or boiled eggs, GO FOR IT. Let your imagination run wild. EAT WHAT YOU LOVE, PEOPLE);
- 10g of dried cranberries (If you don’t like cranberries, try raisins or figs OR if you want extra protein/fats, go for walnuts, pecans or hazelnuts, MMMMMM);
- 15g of organic sun-dried tomatoes.
NOW, for my homemade light & fresh Lemon, Dill & Garlic vinaigrette, you will need:
- 1 tsp. of Bob’s Red Mill Large Flake Nutritional Yeast;
- 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar (As always, I remain loyal to Bragg’s – so EFFING GOOD);
- 1 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice;
- 1 tbsp. of organic red wine vinegar (I use Eden Organic or Spectrum);
- 1/2 tbsp. of organic vegan mayonnaise (I use Spectrum);
- 1 tsp. of sugar or any other sweetener (I use Erythritol by NOW Foods);
- 1 tsp. of any type of dijon mustard (I use Maison Orphée organic Dijon);
- 1 clove of garlic;
- 1 tbsp. of fresh dill, chopped finely.
OK, NOW TO WHIP THIS BABE OF A BOWL UP:
- Preheat your oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the asparagus, bell pepper & cherry tomatoes in a large bowl & toss them with the melted coconut oil and season with garlic powder, sea salt & cracked black pepper, to your liking. Arrange your veggies in a single layer on the baking sheets, sprinkle with sea salt & roast them in the oven until they are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove your veggies from the oven & let them cool slightly.
- To prepare the YUMMY VINAIGRETTE, combine all ingredients in your blender & BLEND THAT SH*T until it’s completely smooth. If you didn’t chop the dill finely enough, you may have some leftover pieces of dill, but no worries, your dressing will still be delicious, PROMISE.
- Place the spinach in a large serving bowl, top it with the warm roasted veggies, the beets, cranberries, sun-dried tomatoes, turkey breast & goat cheese (I like to warm mine up in the microwave right before topping it on my salad… OHMAGAWD, I cannot even begin to describe to you how good the warmth & creaminess of the cheese tastes when combined with the crunchy roasted veggies & fresh spinach, like you just need to try this for yourselves to understand. DO IT).
- Pour the dressing over the top & toss well to coat! Serve RIGHT AWAY. Nobody likes a soggy salad, right?
OKAY, BUT HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE YOU? If this isn’t #saladgoals, WHAT IS?
ENJOY lovies!! Xoxo & Don’t forget, the majority of the prep for this salad can be done the night before. The dressing can also be made the night before & if you like it, which HOW CAN YOU NOT?, you can even prepare a container of it, just increase your portions proportionally, and keep it in your fridge for AT LEAST a week so that it’s ready whenever you need it. But um, just saying, it probably won’t last that long cause it’s just TOO GOOD.