Dreamy & Frothy Matcha Coconut Latte
Dat matcha though!!! Just whipped up this Matcha Coconut Latte & well, it’s HEAVEN, PURE BLISS & all that unicorn stuff, not to mention, how pretty is it??? It’s literally a yummy, frothy mug of health & is so flavoured, without being “flavoured” (Unless you add sweetener, but that’s totally up to you). LET ME EXPLAIN. This latte is super easy to make with just TWO INGREDIENTS, yep. You read right. TWO INGREDIENTS & you don’t need any fancy barista skills or equipment (A small kitchen whisk will work perfectly!).
OH AND, did you guys know that matcha has approximately 10x more nutrients than regular green tea? UM WHAT? How freaking awesome is that? Before I tell you guys how to make this beautiful latte, here are some of the other health benefits of matcha (If you are not already convinced to make this latte PRONTO, you will be after reading this):
- Super high in antioxidants;
- Enhances calm & induces relaxation (ZOMFG, this is a dream come true);
- Memory & concentration booster (Matcha actually enhances production of dopamine and serotonin, two chemicals that not only improve memory & concentration but ALSO MOOD!);
- Increases energy levels & endurance;
- BURNS CALORIES & increases metabolism (It can actually help your body burn fat about 4x faster than average… um what? TOO GOOD. TOO GOOD).
- Detoxifies your body;
- Strengthens your immune system (Matcha actually has antibiotic properties & provides tons of potassium, vitamin A & C, iron, protein & calcium);
- Improves cholesterol (For all you people who eat way too many eggs & potato chips, compensate with my Matcha Coconut Latte. THEN, you’ll have an excuse to binge on the eggs & chips. OTHERWISE, NO EXCUSE);
- SOOOOOOO DELICIOUS.
NOW, the only downside to making this latte is that Matcha is pricey! BUT, it’s so worth it, I swear. Plus, you only need to use a very small quantity each time you make your latte so your container should last you a while. UNLESS, OF COURSE, you become addicted (And I think you just might). I bought my Organic Premium Matcha Powder for $39 and it’s by Clef des Champs, but there are literally tons of different brands on the market, so do your research people! You can even buy it online (though, I’m not sure it’ll be cheaper depending on whether or not it’s coming from the States).
OKAY, now to make this, you will need:
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. of Organic Premium Matcha Powder;
- 1/4 cup of hot water;
- 1/4 cup of warmed coconut milk;
- Optional: Sweetener of your choice
THAT’S IT. I SWEAR.
HOW TO DO IT?
- Sift your matcha powder so that there are no lumps in it (You can totally skip this step if you want, a.k.a., if you’re too lazy, because when you whisk it, the lumps will most likely disappear);
- Spoon the matcha into a large mug.
3. Add the hot water & coconut milk and whisk briskly, in an up & down motion, until it becomes frothy (It should take about 30 seconds. I TOLD YOU THIS RECIPE WAS QUICK & EASY);
4. Once whisked, add additional water, coconut milk and/or sweetener to your liking (If you’re going to add sweetener, I find honey tastes best when combined with matcha, but you can also add Stevia, maple syrup, or regular white or brown sugar!).
HERE IS THE BEAUTIFULNESS THAT IS THIS COCONUT MATCHA LATTE (I had to take shots from different angles because it was just too pretty not to, like wow. JUST WOW):
DRINK UP PEOPLE. You will be doing your body so much good & this stuff is so tasty – there really is no reason not to!